frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

Should children of illegal immigrants be given a public education?

Debate Information

I am very split on this issue and would like to hear some opinions. Right now I'm leaning towards, it's not their fault their parents brought them illegally. But then again, what makes them just as entitled to government services if they are not citizens?
northsouthkorea
  1. Live Poll

Should children of illegal immigrants be given a public education?

6 votes
    1. Yes
      66.67%
    2. No
      33.33%

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
33%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    I think providing education for the children is fair as long as parents remain in the country and can produce proof of residency.  That said, it is somewhat separate from the overall issue if parents should or shouldn't be deported.
    Live Long and Prosper
  • northsouthkoreanorthsouthkorea 221 Pts   -  
    No, they should not be given education paid by legals and should be deported. The Dreamers act passed by Obama needs to be decommissioned.
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    @northsouthkorea, until a decision is made that they should be deported they need to do something to stay off the streets.  So I think that while they are in the country, given a hugh preexisting population it is prudent to let them go to school
    Live Long and Prosper
  • ale5ale5 263 Pts   -  
    @northsouthkorea, I disagree agree with you.  These are innocent children. We shouldn't make them pay for their parents crimes.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible
    - Walt Disney