frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Do you wish to switch places with Donald Trump?

Debate Information

If science fiction was possible, andyou were offered to choose another life and either take your current life or be born as Donald Trump, what would you choose and why?
mjhhjm90aarongMax_Air29
  1. Live Poll

Do you wish to switch places with Donald Trump?

11 votes
    1. Trump
      18.18%
    2. Myself
      63.64%
    3. Neither
      18.18%

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• PowerPikachu21PowerPikachu21 213 Pts   -  
    I don't think I have the responsibility it takes to be president for even 6 months. At first glance, it seems pretty simple, but as President of the USA, you have to take stances on big issues, watch over 50 states, and even perhaps problems not limited to America (like the immigrants).
    Max_Air29
  • ale5ale5 263 Pts   -  
    @PowerPikachu21, yes, it is lots of hard work and unbelievable pressure.  That said, most people would do a better job than him.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible
    - Walt Disney
  • mjhhjm90mjhhjm90 10 Pts   -  

It would be nice to be president someday. This country is really falling apart and we need a real leader. What Trump doesn't realize is that the office is more than just the title or the perks. The presidency is about the people, not gloating about your ego and promoting your image. You should only be president if you really care about the people and making this country better than it was before. Otherwise, you don't deserve the job. Whatever party you belong to, we must work together as Americans to help bind this country back together. Help secure healthcare for people who need it, including children who are dying from genetic illnesses who've done nothing to have it taken away. We need to fix our broken education system and help continue to promote the American dream of coming here for a better life. And as to immigration, no matter who you are, your family has come from other nations and backgrounds so we are all decedents of immigrants. I believe without a doubt that we could do better than this. We really need impeachment now or to get some better contenders for the 2020 election to get us back on track. If nothing good comes from it, then I hereby announce my candidacy for president of the United States.

aarongMax_Air29CYDdharta
  • CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1823 Pts   -  
    @mjhhjm90 I think just the opposite is true, Donald Trump is the first president to to be elected that really cares about the people in a very long time.  Bush 41, Clinton, Bush 43, and Obama were all allies of the administrative state, deep state, establishment, swamp, whatever else you want to call it.  Trump is the first president since at least Reagan that actually cares more about what the people want and need than what the establishment wants.  As reported elsewhere;

According to Marini, Trump alone among last year’s presidential candidates understood this state of affairs, even if only instinctively. His campaign exploited the weakness of our political parties to appeal to a citizenry that has grown dissatisfied with Congress and frustrated by the power of administrative agencies and the attendant special interests. The Republican Party establishment meanwhile, was not only unwilling to endorse Trump but even to concede that he had grasped a genuine political problem.
    http://www.realclearpolicy.com/articles/2017/08/03/trump_and_the_fate_of_the_administrative_state_110319.html

Max_Air29mjhhjm90
  • mjhhjm90mjhhjm90 10 Pts   -  
    @CYDdharta Let's just agree to disagree
  • Oswald_MosleyOswald_Mosley 108 Pts   -  
    I like myself more than other people thats about it.