frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

Should there be free trade?

Debate Information

shoudl there be free trade?
  1. Live Poll

?

10 votes
    1. Yes
      70.00%
    2. No
      30.00%

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• Yes, there should be completely free trade without interference form other countries.
  • No, there should be a controlling power for global trade.
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    Reality is that Global Trade is regulated by a complex web of tariffs (hidden or explicit).  We will not ever get to a point of Trade that is completely free IMHO.  Should we? That is a really theoretical question.
    The practical answer is no.
    uzairmahmud
    Live Long and Prosper
  • siokmmmm19siokmmmm19 13 Pts   -  
    No, I agree with agsr.
  • uzairmahmuduzairmahmud 10 Pts   -  
    i agree with you, we should be able to trade more freely with foreign entities. but agsr is right, it will never be completely free. 
    agsr
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 5967 Pts   -  
    If I have 10 kg of apples, my partner from Australia has 10 kg of pears and we want to make an even exchange - then nobody should have the right to interfere and tell us to give a fraction of these goods to a third party.

I give a basket with apples to my partner, he gives a basket with pears to me, and we walk away. This is how any commercial exchange should happen, international or domestic. 

The government should find better sources of income than this. People should be able to exchange one resource to its equivalent value in another resource. If the government takes a cut, then private sector loses money. This discourages private economical activities from happening, leads to slowed economical growth and, long-term, makes the government poorer.

Tariffs and taxes on commercial deals reflect short-term thinking and fail terribly long-term.