frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Does God exist?

Debate Information

As far as I am aware there is absolutely no evidence to support the existence of a god. 
  1. Live Poll

Does God exist?

10 votes
    1. No
      50.00%
    2. I think so
      50.00%

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• PowerPikachu21PowerPikachu21 213 Pts   -  
    I have heard a few arguments for God, like prophecies and moral arguments. Though right now I'm wondering if it's possible for a universe to come into existence without a God.
  • HankHank 75 Pts   -  
    @PowerPikachu21 I could write an entire book and claim for it to consist purely of prophecies too. We do not get morality from religion - this is a cop out that all believers use to try and validate their argument. 

It is much easier for us to comprehend the idea that the universe had to be created by someone or something then to try and understand (in depth) the concept of infinity. 
    EmeryPearson
  • missmedicmissmedic 43 Pts   -  
    The intellectual honest answer is "no one knows".
    HankDrCerealEmeryPearson
  • HankHank 75 Pts   -  
    @missmedic I agree, but given the evidence that we currently have out our disposal which is more likely? 
  • EvidenceEvidence 814 Pts   -  
    Hank said:
    As far as I am aware there is absolutely no evidence to support the existence of a god. 

god:
    a superhuman being or spirit worshiped as having power over nature or human fortunes; a deity.
    "a moon god"
    synonyms:deity, goddess, divine being, celestial being, divinity, immortal, avatar
    "sacrifices to appease the gods"

"absolutely no evidence" of god, are you kidding? Pharaohs were gods on earth, the Pope is a superhuman holiest of beings, the Germans are gods on earth with the ability to rob, kill, maim, torture ANY non-German including their children whom they torture for up to six years in Cancer Hospitals and then kill them, rob us our Social Security money, .. control the weather, .. take over our sun with chem-trails and then sell it back to us by leasing solar panels to us at a huge price, .. rob our souls in Churches by offering their own gods that they control .. and so on, so how on your Pastor Dawkins, and Lawrence Krauss's evolving globe can you say that there is no evidence of god?

I mean for the past 6,000 years of recorded history, all men have done besides surviving is 'create gods' to worship! Take our country here this US of A, from coming off the ship we are introduced to the goddess of Liberty, to every major city areall dedicated to gods.

time 5:45

answers my question: If no one got hurt in the Vegas Shooting, why the need of all this "blood donations", at schools, work, blood-vans, clinics, you name it, .. they are collecting blood for something, .. but what? Well there you have it, to worship gods, and to make it official, they need "human blood", so that's why this Vegas hoax was invented, to get the necessary blood for this next Halloween sacrifices to gods, but specifically to Lucifer (the god of this world) himself.

.. oh yeah, let's not forget our heavens, every nearby star is a god, .. where have you been Frank?
    EmeryPearson
  • George_HorseGeorge_Horse 499 Pts   -  
    There is no proof for a God, just religious nonsense. I'm staying atheist even when I die. 

HankEmeryPearson
    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? " ~Epicurus

"A communist is like a crocodile" ~Winston Churchill

We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we're not alone.~Orson Welles
    There is no proof for a God, just religious nonsense. I'm staying atheist even when I die. 

Hello George.

So what is this "religious nonsense" that you're talking about? Does it have anything to do with god/gods? Now do you see the irony?

1) You're an 'atheist' - you need the theistic religion's and their gods to be an atheist
    2) May I ask you; That as an atheist, what is it that you "don't believe exist"?
    3) theists claim to believe and worship their man-made gods till they die, that's called  " having religious faith", .. or "blind faith". You say: "I'm staying atheist even when I die" .. Hmm?

Just like your quote:

"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes." ~Gene Roddenberry

.. "a story logic" that "creates faulty Humans", .. ?? Show me where this "story logic" comes from? Let me guess, the mind of someone like Gene Roddenberry who created one of the greatest cults in modern history, right? Oh the irony!?
    DrCerealEmeryPearson
  • HankHank 75 Pts   -  
    @Evidence If you consider mass murderers to be 'superhumans' or 'higher beings' then I don't even see the point in trying to debate with you.
    DrCerealSilverishGoldNovaEmeryPearson
  • missmedicmissmedic 43 Pts   -  

@Hank

God belief is supported more by an understanding then by evidence, as for my understanding of gods, they all have to many descriptive failings, contradictions and limiting attributes to be a God.

Hank
    Hank said:
    @Evidence If you consider mass murderers to be 'superhumans' or 'higher beings' then I don't even see the point in trying to debate with you.

@Hank It's the superhumans (like the Pope) and 'higher beings' (like the Pharaohs, Emperors, Presidents) these wanabe gods that cause all the mass murders. Our Creator is neither a 'being', nor some superhuman. He IS the Creator, and He kills all those who relentlessly go against Him. He gives life, and takes life, blessed be the Lord our God, for what He does is just.

Remember Jesus taught us to "turn the other cheek" as he did. But his and our Heavenly Father God, does NOT turn the other cheek, .. He just keeps record.
    EmeryPearson
    missmedic said:

@Hank

God belief is supported more by an understanding then by evidence, as for my understanding of gods, they all have to many descriptive failings, contradictions and limiting attributes to be a God.

understanding -
    noun
    1. the ability to understand something; comprehension.
    "foreign visitors with little understanding of English"
    synonyms:comprehension, apprehension, grasp, mastery, appreciation, assimilation, absorption,
    knowledge, awareness, insight, skill, expertise, proficiency;

evidence -
    noun
    1. the available body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition is true or valid

How would "understanding" (comprehension, apprehension, grasp, mastery, appreciation, assimilation, absorption) without evidence (proof, confirmation, verification, substantiation, corroboration, affirmation, attestation) work?

Aah, .. you're talking about "theism", Greek for "belief in man-made pagan god or gods" made up by Religions!

I agree that "they all have too many descriptive failings, contradictions and limiting attributes to be God." That's why there are so many of them. But they keep trying though. Like Constantine and the Catholic Religion for instance, they even took Gods Word the Bible and tried to pass off their Greek/Roman theos gods that way.
    They did succeed in deceiving billions, and those they couldn't deceive, they mass murdered.

EmeryPearson
  • RamonKuppanRamonKuppan 13 Pts   -  
    Hank said:
    IF ANYONE SAY NO EVIDENCE TO SUPPORT THE EXISTENCE OF A GOD, THEN SHOW ME EVIDENCE HOW A BABY IS BORN OUT OF A MALE SPERM AND FEMALE EGG?
    EvidenceDrCerealEmeryPearson
  • RamonKuppanRamonKuppan 13 Pts   -  
    IF ANYONE SAY NO EVIDENCE TO SUPPORT THE EXISTENCE OF A GOD, THEN SHOW ME EVIDENCE HOW A BABY IS BORN OUT OF A MALE SPERM AND FEMALE EGG?
    DrCerealEmeryPearson

Yes, I agree @RamonKuppan , .. what took billions and billions of years for Evolutionists through chaos, God does in 9 months through Intelligent Design! 
    DrCerealEmeryPearson
  • @Hank I would consider myself a non-believer but what evidence do we have to say there's no god
  • DrCerealDrCereal 193 Pts   -  
    Evidence said:

Yes, I agree @RamonKuppan , .. what took billions and billions of years for Evolutionists through chaos, God does in 9 months through Intelligent Design! 
    What? Who claims that it took "billions and billions" of years for evolution to provide an infant?
    George_Horse
    Bis das, si cito das.
    DrCereal said:
    Evidence said:

What? Who claims that it took "billions and billions" of years for evolution to provide an infant?

@DrCereal
    It all started a long, long time ago, in a moment in time before time existed, at a point in space before space existed, .. "speck" was born out of chaos in "nothing". Speck then evolved over the billions and billions of years, grew up and matured, got hitched with the magical "Gravity" and eventually over 4.2 billion years gave birth to apes. This sums up 14 billion years of New Age scientific observations how "speck" provided the first infant.
    EmeryPearson