frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

What do you think the best car on the market is?

Debate Information

I think it is Acura and Porsche, what about you?
northsouthkoreajoecavalry

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• DrCerealDrCereal 193 Pts   -  
    Porsche.
    (I actually don't care; I simply want a badge.)
    Bis das, si cito das.
  • NopeNope 397 Pts   -  
    DrCereal If you continuously post a lot of post you can earn the Post Marathon bag. I is my favorite. : )
  • @Nope I already have it
    I am no longer active on DebateIsland or any debate website. Many things I have posted here and on other sites (Such as believing in the flat Earth theory or other conspiracy theories such as those that are about the Las Vegas Shooting or 9/11) do not reflect on my current views. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1p6M-VgXHwwdpJarhyQYapBz-kRc6FrgdOLFAd3IfYz8/edit

https://debateisland.com/discussion/comment/18248/#Comment_18248 (Me officially stating that I am no longer a flat-Earther)
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 6019 Pts   -  
    This really comes down to the individual preferences and needs. For every individual, the best car will be different.

For example, I am buying a car in December, and here is my thought process.
    1) Reliability and gas mileage are the most important factors for me.
    The former leaves out only Toyota essentially, and the latter narrows the choice down to its hatchback and sedan hybrid models.
    2) Next goes maintenance cost.
    Avalons can be expensive to repair due to their abundant luxury features and their relative rarity on the market (hence difficulty obtaining aftermarket replacement items), hence they are out. Only Camry Hybrid and Prius models are left.
    3) Then comes comfort and roominess.
    Prius loses the competition here, hence we are left with Camry Hybrid.
    4) I do not want the car to be overly expensive.
    New models are overpriced, and old models may be expensive to repair, hence the middle ground is needed. For me it is the used models from between 2014 and 2016.
    Conclusion: Toyota Camry Hybrid 2014-2016 is the best car for MayCaesar.

For someone else, Toyota Camry Hybrid 2014-2016 could be the worst car on the market. My personal needs include having to do long cross-country trips, not be left stranded in the process and not have a fortune to spend on the car and those trips - hence the priorities and the choice.

If I did not care that much about reliability, I definitely would not limit myself to Toyota cars only. If gas mileage was not a factor, I would go with an SUV instead of a sedan/hatchback. If maintenance cost was not an issue, I could get a used luxury car instead, such as Lexus or Lincoln. If I preferred a "fun ride" over comfort and roominess, I could get one of the Mazda sports cars. If I was willing to spend much more money on a car, I might buy a new model instead of a used one, for its warranty and customization options.

Overall, I am a huge Toyota fan, because their cars are nearly immortal and have to be rolled over by a tank to be unsalvageable. I am the kind of person that prefers to buy something that will last for decades, rather than constantly buying new items and selling old ones. There are more "fun" cars than Toyotas out there, of course - but Toyotas seem like a more mature choice to me, for people who prefer practicality over everything else.