frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Is Youth Addicted to mobile phones???

Debate Information

We can  survive without having any work but can't live with out mobiles and gadgets??  

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• inc4tinc4t 186 Pts   -  
    I absolutely agree.  The addiction is not limited to youth.  I would argue that most people are adductedat this point, including myself.  There are few places fo electronics rehab,  maybe we should all go there.  
    It is actually a real problem in our society.
    beckysmith
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    I agree. I also think that mobile is becoming a way of life.
    Live Long and Prosper
  • George_HorseGeorge_Horse 499 Pts   -  
    Not really. Some kids are not really dependent on their smartphones, it is good we still have children that are willing to be smart and successful and would rather invest their time into reading historical books about history or other subjects such as science, and evolution. 
    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? " ~Epicurus

"A communist is like a crocodile" ~Winston Churchill

We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we're not alone.~Orson Welles
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 5967 Pts   -  
    I am in my late 20-s, and I only use my phone when I need to call to some organization or to message my instructor. Often I do not even take it with me when I go outside. Different people are different; I, for one, have always wanted to have some space from people, and carrying a phone with me and messaging people constantly would wear me out quickly.

Some people, on the other hand, seem to breathe through their phone, and they are even messaging on their phone while having a live conversation with someone. This I do not quite understand, but to each their own.
  • Agility_DudeAgility_Dude 62 Pts   -  
    I think that in general, yes. People are addicted to their phones. There's a few reasons why depression rates are skyrocketing. People with gender dysphoria aren't getting the depression treatment they need, people are very self conscious about their image on social media after spending hours of time on their phones, and people are being told that they can do whatever they want which means that when they don't succeed they blame it on themselves instead of what they were taught which incentivized laziness.
  • averyaproaveryapro 150 Pts   -  
    At this point, I would have to say that most everyone, not limited to youth, is addicted but youth especially. Youth are alienating themselves from their friends, family etc. because they cannot put their phones in their pockets. Honestly, kids overwhelm themselves with all the social media they have. Kids send snaps, post pictures on Instagram and do many more things that keep them virtually active but sometimes that can be bad especially if they have an addiction.