frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Should Countries Invest More Into Their Space Programs?

Debate Information

Do you believe that countries should invest more into their space programs such as NASA, etc. ?

I believe that they should do the amount of information they can get and possibly find alien life.
passedbillcomey_testifyjoecavalry
  1. Live Poll

?

7 votes
    1. Yes
      85.71%
    2. No
      14.29%

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• passedbillpassedbill 80 Pts   -  
    Yes, the budget for space programs should possibly be increased. This is due to exploring space, etc.
  • NopeNope 397 Pts   -  
    Exploring space leads to discovers that can help us advance in science and protect are selves. Plus we may be able to start exploiting resources in space. We are surrounded by space so it is in my onion important. (I am very besides sense that is what I wan't my job to be when a grow up)
  • Yes, it can help in research, etc.
  • space doesn't
    exist

I am no longer active on DebateIsland or any debate website. Many things I have posted here and on other sites (Such as believing in the flat Earth theory or other conspiracy theories such as those that are about the Las Vegas Shooting or 9/11) do not reflect on my current views. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1p6M-VgXHwwdpJarhyQYapBz-kRc6FrgdOLFAd3IfYz8/edit

https://debateisland.com/discussion/comment/18248/#Comment_18248 (Me officially stating that I am no longer a flat-Earther)
  • joecavalryjoecavalry 430 Pts   -  
    Yes, they can take away funding from other things or programs possibly and invest more into their space program/s to do research, etc.
    DebateIslander and a DebateIsland.com lover. 
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 5965 Pts   -  
    I think such fields as nanotechnology, artificial intelligence and genetic engineering are much more promising and practical in the foreseeable future in terms of investment returns, than space programs. Historically space programs started as a manifestation of the economical war between Soviet Union and the US - and while at some point they became pretty sustainable without taking up a significant portion of the governmental budget, their return is still extremely low.

I simply do not see space programs achieving any sort of breakthrough in terms of humanity's quality of life in the next 50-60 years. On the other hand, nanotechnology may revolutionize production, artificial intelligence does not need introduction, and genetic engineering is about the best investment we can make into the future, because it can literally grant us immortality within our younger members' lifetime.

I would leave space programs to enthusiasts such as Elon Musk, and funnel governmental funds into more promising projects.