frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

The moon landings were faked

2»

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• ErfisflatErfisflat 1675 Pts   -  
    Pogue said:
    Erfisflat said:
    Ghosty said:
    @Pogue
    Persuading Erfisflat that the moon landings were real will be hard. However, I encourage you to keep going. I'll join the debate once I gather some information.
    Good luck with your research. Maybe you'll do better than what's here so far.
    Can you disprove my points? 
    Already did.
    Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.

Wayne Dyer
  • BaconToesBaconToes 236 Pts   -  
    Erfisflat said:
    Pogue said:
    Erfisflat said:
    Ghosty said:
    @Pogue
    Persuading Erfisflat that the moon landings were real will be hard. However, I encourage you to keep going. I'll join the debate once I gather some information.
    Already did.
    Exactly, and all he is doing is marking your arguments as irrelevant. Exactly what he's doing with the Confederate flag debate. Marking all of my argument fallacious when he can't even tell what's fallacious about my arguments.
    ErfisflatSilverishGoldNovaPogue
    i fart cows
    BaconToes said:
    Erfisflat said:
    Pogue said:
    Erfisflat said:
    Ghosty said:
    @Pogue
    Already did.
    Exactly, and all he is doing is marking your arguments as irrelevant. Exactly what he's doing with the Confederate flag debate. Marking all of my argument fallacious when he can't even tell what's fallacious about my arguments.
    I've pretty much ignored him for the most part, until he offers anything valid. Glad to know I'm not flying solo on that.
    Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.

Wayne Dyer
  • PoguePogue 584 Pts   -  
    BaconToes said:
    Erfisflat said:
    Pogue said:
    Erfisflat said:
    Ghosty said:
    @Pogue
    Already did.
    No, I did mark them all. I disproved them to BaconToes. Saying there is no discrimination because everyone did it is illogical. 
    Fallacy definition-1
    a obsolete  : guiletrickery
    b : deceptive appearance : deception
    2a : a false or mistaken idea  
    • popular fallacies
    • prone to perpetrate the fallacy of equating threat with capability
    •  —C. S. Gray
    b : erroneous character : erroneousness 
    • The fallacy of their ideas about medicine soon became apparent.
    3: an often plausible argument using false or invalid inference 
    From Meriam Webster
    BaconToes
    I could either have the future pass me or l could create it. 

“We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain .” - Benjamin Franklin  So flat Earthers, man-made climate change deniers, and just science deniers.

I friended myself! 
  • BaconToes said:
    Erfisflat said:
    Pogue said:
    Erfisflat said:
    Ghosty said:
    @Pogue
    Already did.

Reminds me of Coveny with the caution signs. You might not be familar with this but a couple of months ago there was a user named Coveny who we got into a heated debate with in the flat Earth thread. Apparently, I had discovered one day that the admin had awarded him the privilege of the "Spam" reaction. So everytime he couldn't refute our argument, he just it as "spam". In the end, he ended up abusing it to censor our posts, and had the privilege taken away very quickly.
    BaconToes
    I am no longer active on DebateIsland or any debate website. Many things I have posted here and on other sites (Such as believing in the flat Earth theory or other conspiracy theories such as those that are about the Las Vegas Shooting or 9/11) do not reflect on my current views. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1p6M-VgXHwwdpJarhyQYapBz-kRc6FrgdOLFAd3IfYz8/edit

https://debateisland.com/discussion/comment/18248/#Comment_18248 (Me officially stating that I am no longer a flat-Earther)
    Pogue said:
    BaconToes said:
    Erfisflat said:
    Pogue said:
    Erfisflat said:
    Ghosty said:
    @Pogue
    Already did.
    No, I did mark them all. I disproved them to BaconToes. Saying there is no discrimination because everyone did it is illogical. 
    Fallacy definition-1
    • popular fallacies
    •  —C. S. Gray
    From Meriam Webster
    Like I said, and I am going to repeat it again. If it is a fallacy, please name what it is. Thank you. 
    BTW this is about moon landing, not the Confederate flag debate(irrelevant)
    Don't say that what I wrote above is irrelevant. It is relevant because you are saying that Erfisflat's argument is "irrelevant" because you can't disprove them. 
    Disprove Erfisflat's points with credible sources and you're good.
    Good luck <span>:smile:</span>
    i fart cows
    BaconToes said:
    Erfisflat said:
    Pogue said:
    Erfisflat said:
    Ghosty said:
    @Pogue
    Already did.

Reminds me of Coveny with the caution signs. You might not be familar with this but a couple of months ago there was a user named Coveny who we got into a heated debate with in the flat Earth thread. Apparently, I had discovered one day that the admin had awarded him the privilege of the "Spam" reaction. So everytime he couldn't refute our argument, he just it as "spam". In the end, he ended up abusing it to censor our posts, and had the privilege taken away very quickly.
    Yup, I saw it when I was scrolling through old debates. He did it with Evidence, right?

i fart cows
  • PoguePogue 584 Pts   -   edited December 2017
    BaconToes said:
    Pogue said:
    BaconToes said:
    Erfisflat said:
    Pogue said:
    Erfisflat said:
    Ghosty said:
    @Pogue
    Already did.
    Fallacy definition-1
    • popular fallacies
    •  —C. S. Gray
    From Meriam Webster
    Like I said, and I am going to repeat it again. If it is a fallacy, please name what it is. Thank you. 
    Don't say that what I wrote above is irrelevant. It is relevant because you are saying that Erfisflat's argument is "irrelevant" because you can't disprove them. 
    When? I did disprove them. What evidence did I not disprove?

“We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain .” - Benjamin Franklin  So flat Earthers, man-made climate change deniers, and just science deniers.

I friended myself! 
  • BaconToesBaconToes 236 Pts   -   edited December 2017
    Pogue said:
    BaconToes said:
    Pogue said:
    BaconToes said:
    Erfisflat said:
    Pogue said:
    Erfisflat said:
    Ghosty said:
    @Pogue
    Already did.
    Fallacy definition-1
    • popular fallacies
    •  —C. S. Gray
    From Meriam Webster
    When? I did disprove them.
    Yes, you did, and he refuted them.
    i fart cows
  • BaconToes said:
    BaconToes said:
    Erfisflat said:
    Pogue said:
    Erfisflat said:
    Ghosty said:
    @Pogue
    Already did.

Yup, I saw it when I was scrolling through old debates. He did it with Evidence, right?

Not just evidence, but me, erfisflat, fea, and I believe even vaulk once.
    BaconToes
    I am no longer active on DebateIsland or any debate website. Many things I have posted here and on other sites (Such as believing in the flat Earth theory or other conspiracy theories such as those that are about the Las Vegas Shooting or 9/11) do not reflect on my current views. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1p6M-VgXHwwdpJarhyQYapBz-kRc6FrgdOLFAd3IfYz8/edit

https://debateisland.com/discussion/comment/18248/#Comment_18248 (Me officially stating that I am no longer a flat-Earther)
    Let me get started on disproving the moon landing.
    1. The Apollo 11 landed on the moon without any impact on the moon's surface.
    2. What was the object suspended from mid-air on the moon?Moon Stuff012
    3. Why is there a "C" engraved on this rock? Was it a stage prop? Or is there nothing unusual about that?                                C-Rock-Actual-C
    4. From the Apollo 15 mission, these two photos were claimed to have been taken miles apart, yet...Aulishite-1
    5. What was this person wearing? Some fluffy jacket you need for the moon to block ultra radiation?In a video on YouTube a conspiracy theorist claims this photograph shows a stagehand reflected in an astronauts visor during theApollo 17 moon landings in 1972 which proves they were faked
    6. The astronauts flew through the Van Allen belt without a single one of them getting affected in any way.
    SilverishGoldNova
    i fart cows
  • PoguePogue 584 Pts   -  
    BaconToes said:
    Erfisflat said:
    Pogue said:
    Erfisflat said:
    Ghosty said:
    @Pogue
    Already did.
    No, I am not. I disproved your points. No, I am not marking them all, BaconToes. Erifisflat, no you did not. When did you do it?

I friended myself! 
  • PoguePogue 584 Pts   -  
    BaconToes said:
    Erfisflat said:
    Pogue said:
    Erfisflat said:
    Ghosty said:
    @Pogue
    Already did.
    No, I am not. I disproved your points. No, I am not marking them all, BaconToes. Erifisflat, no you did not. When did you do it?

I friended myself! 
    Pogue said:
    BaconToes said:
    Erfisflat said:
    Pogue said:
    Erfisflat said:
    Ghosty said:
    @Pogue
    Already did.
    And yet you still haven't disproven my points.
    i fart cows
  • PoguePogue 584 Pts   -  
    BaconToes said:
    Let me get started on disproving the moon landing.
    1. The Apollo 11 landed on the moon without any impact on the moon's surface.
    2. What was the object suspended from mid-air on the moon?Moon Stuff012
    3. Why is there a "C" engraved on this rock? Was it a stage prop? Or is there nothing unusual about that?                                C-Rock-Actual-C
    4. From the Apollo 15 mission, these two photos were claimed to have been taken miles apart, yet...Aulishite-1
    5. What was this person wearing? Some fluffy jacket you need for the moon to block ultra radiation?In a video on YouTube a conspiracy theorist claims this photograph shows a stagehand reflected in an astronauts visor during theApollo 17 moon landings in 1972 which proves they were faked
    6. The astronauts flew through the Van Allen belt without a single one of them getting affected in any way.
    1. What proves that there was no impact.
    2. Probably Micheal Collins because he had to remain in lunar orbit.
    3. "Oh Really?  Yes one picture does seem to show a letter C. But this particular picture is a third generation copy after the original negative has been through a photographic enlarger - prone to dust and hair infection if not careful. Such items will show up as a silhouette.   

The Original Image

Third Generation Copy

The left picture is direct from the original. The right is a third generation copy. Note the quality of the image of the original. The contrast always increases on copies produced via film. So the 'C' is just a fine hair laid on the copied image from a dusty darkroom; nothing more." http://moonlandinghoax.org/34.html ;

4. "They were apparently taken from different locations, as in one the lunar module is there and tracks are visible.

In the other, there is a more rocky surface seen in the foreground." The Moon is smaller than Earth. So horizons appear closer to the human eye than they really are, and may, therefore, look the same from different viewpoints. https://www.express.co.uk/news/weird/769062/Moon-landings-hoax-Apollo-15-pictures-SAME-background

5. That is not a valid argument at all. But, the reflection is from a circular surface. To restore the image, shouldn’t the reflected standing figure in the visor be distorted to match the curve of the helmet?

6. A pretty clear explanation is given by astronomer Phil Plait in his 2001 Bad Astronomy article:

“The van Allen belts are regions above the Earth’s surface where the Earth’s magnetic field has trapped particles of the solar wind. An unprotected man would indeed get a lethal dose of radiation, if he stayed there long enough. Actually, the spaceship traveled through the belts pretty quickly, getting past them in an hour or so. There simply wasn’t enough time to get a lethal dose, and, as a matter of fact, the metal hull of the spaceship did indeed block most of the radiation.”
    https://lightsinthedark.com/2014/05/22/no-the-moon-landings-werent-faked-and-heres-how-you-can-tell/

I friended myself! 
  • PoguePogue 584 Pts   -   edited December 2017
    d
    SilverishGoldNova

I friended myself! 

Wayne Dyer
  • SilverishGoldNovaSilverishGoldNova 1201 Pts   -   edited December 2017
    @Pouge

I'll be honest I can barely understand what Bacon is saying.

So, if someone thinks 50 year old footage is fake, they don't believe in science? 

• SilverishGoldNovaSilverishGoldNova 1201 Pts   -   edited December 2017
    Ghosty said:
    Look, the moon landings were not fake. Nobody that was involved in the moon landing said so. And all the technology used in the Apollo 11 rocket changed our technology. You have a phone or a laptop? Great. The moon landing was real. Look. 3,500 media people were at the Kennedy Space center, and the media is the whole cause of these conspiracy theories. Why don't you get a time machine and go back in time to the kennedy space center? You can't? Well then, you can't say the moon landing was fake too. 
    So, it seems your argument is, because a bunch of people saw a rocket launch, I am supposed to believe NASA went to the moon 50 years ago 6 times and suddenly can't now. Just noticed this post, same thing you said earlier but with more fallacies.

"1. What proves that there was no impact."
    When the spaceship landed there was little to no impact on the moon Image result for impact of moon landing on moon
    "2. Probably Micheal Collins because he had to remain in lunar orbit."
    So he is floating in mid-air. I'm pretty sure everyone could agree that the object looks like a stage light.
    "3. "Oh Really?  Yes one picture does seem to show a letter C. But this particular picture is a third generation copy after the original negative has been through a photographic enlarger - prone to dust and hair infection if not careful. Such items will show up as a silhouette.   

The Original Image

Third Generation Copy

The left picture is direct from the original. The right is a third generation copy. Note the quality of the image of the original. The contrast always increases on copies produced via film. So the 'C' is just a fine hair laid on the copied image from a dusty darkroom; nothing more." http://moonlandinghoax.org/34.html "

Okay, I could accept that.

"4. "They were apparently taken from different locations, as in one the lunar module is there and tracks are visible.

In the other, there is a more rocky surface seen in the foreground." The Moon is smaller than Earth. So horizons appear closer to the human eye than they really are, and may, therefore, look the same from different viewpoints. https://www.express.co.uk/news/weird/769062/Moon-landings-hoax-Apollo-15-pictures-SAME-background"

The moon might be smaller, but why our eye? Our eye has nothing to do with it.

"5. That is not a valid argument at all. But, the reflection is from a circular surface. To restore the image, shouldn’t the reflected standing figure in the visor be distorted to match the curve of the helmet?"

That's not a valid argument? Why is there someone on the moon that is not wearing a suit? 

"6. A pretty clear explanation is given by astronomer Phil Plait in his 2001 Bad Astronomy article:

“The van Allen belts are regions above the Earth’s surface where the Earth’s magnetic field has trapped particles of the solar wind. An unprotected man would indeed get a lethal dose of radiation, if he stayed there long enough. Actually, the spaceship traveled through the belts pretty quickly, getting past them in an hour or so. There simply wasn’t enough time to get a lethal dose, and, as a matter of fact, the metal hull of the spaceship did indeed block most of the radiation.” 
    https://lightsinthedark.com/2014/05/22/no-the-moon-landings-werent-faked-and-heres-how-you-can-tell/"

Accepted

C rock
    Van Allen belt

i fart cows
  • NopeNope 397 Pts   -  
    SilverishGoldNova What do you mean we can't go to the moon now? It is expansive to go to the moon, space funding has decreased and the cold war is over. It is not that we can't but we have no reason to. It is a wast of money. We have already bin their what would we do their know. We are investing in observing other solar systems and other planets and moon and comment and asteroids and why should we spend that money on going to the moon now? Don't mistake won't with can't.
    BaconToes
  • BaconToesBaconToes 236 Pts   -   edited December 2017
    @Nope
    And there isn't much to learn from the moon now. But China is sending a spacecraft to the dark side of the moon. They want to test out if vegetation could grow there.
    Nope
    i fart cows
  • NopeNope 397 Pts   -  
    BaconToes I think we will return to the moon when we are ready to try and colonize Mars. That way we can test out tings you need to do in a colony and practice for Mars but as of now their is no reason to be wasting money on the moon.
  • Nope said:
    SilverishGoldNova What do you mean we can't go to the moon now? It is expansive to go to the moon, space funding has decreased and the cold war is over. It is not that we can't but we have no reason to. It is a wast of money. We have already bin their what would we do their know. We are investing in observing other solar systems and other planets and moon and comment and asteroids and why should we spend that money on going to the moon now? Don't mistake won't with can't.
    We went to the moon so easily 6 times, but now we can't suddenly. It's not because we have no reason, but its because humanity is suddenly entirely incapable of doing this and its such a huge acomplishment to go past low earth orbit.

• NopeNope 397 Pts   -  
    SilverishGoldNova We have no reason to go to the moon. Their for you claim means nothing. You would would have to prove we never wen't to the moon in the first place or prove we have very good reasons to go to the moon if you wan't to support your claim.
  • PoguePogue 584 Pts   -  
    Nope said:
    We went to the moon so easily 6 times, but now we can't suddenly. It's not because we have no reason, but its because humanity is suddenly entirely incapable of doing this and its such a huge acomplishment to go past low earth orbit.
    We are not going to the moon anymore because it "has more to do with the nature of politics and public interest than space technology, although the latter often becomes a casualty of the former. There’s a lot involved with the answer to this (and you can read about some of it in this article on Scientific American featuring space historian David S.F. Portree) but suffice to say after the Apollo program was closed down, the technology to send humans to the Moon was retired. The Saturn V rockets were either dismantled, put in museums, or, in the case of Skylab, used in other programs, and eventually all of the special components created by contractors and sub-contractors that allowed the success of Saturn and Apollo were no longer available or in production. We didn’t lose the technology, as some have claimed, we just stopped making it, at least for those specific uses. As times changed, priorities (and thus budgets) changed, and NASA’s manned spaceflight program of the 60s and early 70s became a thing of the past, in some cases replaced by newer, better goals… but in some cases still not replaced at all." https://lightsinthedark.com/2014/05/22/no-the-moon-landings-werent-faked-and-heres-how-you-can-tell/ ;

I friended myself! 
  • missmedicmissmedic 43 Pts   -  
    @joecavalry You only need to know one word to know it is true.................retroreflector.
  • EvidenceEvidence 814 Pts   -  
    Pogue said:
    @BaconToes
    I'll just prove why the moon landing was real (if we can all agree the moon is real). They could not be faked because all the shadows from pictures when we were on the moon go parallel. If it was on a set the lines would diverge (in the video). We can make it now with computer imaging but, in the 1960's it didn't exist. Multiple governments said the independently picked it up. The Soviets also said they did this and they had every reason to disprove it. "It is often claimed that if the Lunar landings were real, we could see them from the Earth or the Hubble Telescope. Nope. Fact is they're just too far away. On the other hand, we can see the Lunar landing sites thanks to the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter." Also, "The Lunar landings have been spotted by China's Chang'e 2 lunar probe, the Indian Chandrayaan-1 probe, and various other independent (non NASA-funded) space agencies." Stars aren't there because the moon is very bright because it is reflecting sunlight. The flag-waving also makes sense because " No, there isn't any wind on the Moon - but there is momentum and intertia. The fabric of the flag was moved around while being set in position, and naturally waved as it was being set up. It also has a pole along the top to keep it in position - otherwise it would hang straight down." Finally, we left retroreflectors on the moon so today when a high powered laser at them, it bounces back.  

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/11-proofs-that-the-apollo-moon-landings-were-not-fake_uk_5971d821e4b00e4363decb38
    Couldn't fake it in 1969, .. really? This was filmed 42 years earlier, .. that gave them 42 years to improve on it, .. same people, only in a different country:

SilverishGoldNovaErfisflat
    I want a high resolution live camera on the moon. One that we could zoom in and see a magnesium flare go off as the earth span away under it. It won't happen because it's all a fairy tale. Like Santa Claus 

Wayne Dyer
  • averyaproaveryapro 150 Pts   -  
    Ok, all of you people that call themselves flat-earthers are wasting your time. The moon landing was not faked because after they sent the first people to the moon they sent more space stations. Also, there was a United States flag planted on the moon to show our victory against the Soviet Union and how we were the first ones to visit the moon. You can't just say something and not back it up. I will NEVER be persuaded until someone goes to the end of the world and takes a picture of the end of the world. By the way, what do you have to say about time zones? If the earth was flat the sun would pretty much be able to cover the whole world making every place pretty much the same time zone and do you not believe in how the earth rotates, because it's already 4 pm in Western Europe but that couldn't happen if the earth covered most of the world, proving that the earth is not flat.
    Erfisflat
    averyapro said:
    Ok, all of you people that call themselves flat-earthers are wasting your time. The moon landing was not faked because after they sent the first people to the moon they sent more space stations. Also, there was a United States flag planted on the moon to show our victory against the Soviet Union and how we were the first ones to visit the moon. You can't just say something and not back it up. I will NEVER be persuaded until someone goes to the end of the world and takes a picture of the end of the world. By the way, what do you have to say about time zones? If the earth was flat the sun would pretty much be able to cover the whole world making every place pretty much the same time zone and do you not believe in how the earth rotates, because it's already 4 pm in Western Europe but that couldn't happen if the earth covered most of the world, proving that the earth is not flat.
    Where have you been? These are all heavily discussed and resolved.

Wayne Dyer
    "The moon landing was not faked because after they sent the first people to the moon they sent more space stations."

So, the reason that you believe they didn't fake the moon landings is because the faked some more stuff. Riiiight. Prove any of it happened. Evidence.

"Also, there was a United States flag planted on the moon to show our victory against the Soviet Union and how we were the first ones to visit the moon."

Prove it. I've never seen that flag.

"You can't just say something and not back it up."

Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black.

"I will NEVER be persuaded until someone goes to the end of the world and takes a picture of the end of the world."

How's about I create you a picture of the end in photoshop of the end of the earth like they did with the ball earth. You're gullible enough to believe that.

Time zones are due to a small and close sun. It sheds it's like locally.
    @averyapro

Wayne Dyer
  • NathanAllenNathanAllen 53 Pts   -  
    It is easy to fake such a thing. Did you know star wars is a animated movie? Did you know making a animated moon landing would be expensive like 1 million dollars expensive.They would of taken photos of the moon from telescopes and would have done major research on the looks of the moon. After wards all those involved init would sign an agreement saying if they spoke of anything they would face and or their family would be charged with espionage.And or killed. The gov hands those exact documents out maybe not the whole killing part but they do hand espionage papers out just about everyday probably. If I knew my family would be charged with espionage for saying something, you can guarantee I would keep it closed.    @Ghosty
    SilverishGoldNova
    ~NathanAllen, Be yourself let no one tell you who you are. 
    It is easy to fake such a thing. Did you know star wars is a animated movie? Did you know making a animated moon landing would be expensive like 1 million dollars expensive.They would of taken photos of the moon from telescopes and would have done major research on the looks of the moon. After wards all those involved init would sign an agreement saying if they spoke of anything they would face and or their family would be charged with espionage.And or killed. The gov hands those exact documents out maybe not the whole killing part but they do hand espionage papers out just about everyday probably. If I knew my family would be charged with espionage for saying something, you can guarantee I would keep it closed.    @Ghosty
    wait, you don't trust that they went to the moon, but you believe them when they say we live on a spinning ball?
    SilverishGoldNova

Wayne Dyer
  • Erfisflat said:
    wait, you don't trust that they went to the moon, but you believe them when they say we live on a spinning ball?
    The moon landings were obviously faked, even some ball Earth proponents admit it.
    Erfisflat

• JohnBarutJohnBarut 24 Pts   -  

Why are the shadows in this picture parallel in the footage?
    Because It comes from a light source, which is the sun.

If you try to re-create the same picture using studio lighting, the shadows diverge.

The only way to re-create the picture in the 60s,(since the apollo 11 landing on the moon was in 1969) would be to build a wall of laser lights so close together. But laser lights were big and costly, and the only color that was available was red.

Source:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWBYAxhH3u4