frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

How would a strong third political party affect USA

Debate Information

Imagine a third party with the ability to fragment the stronghold that republicans and democrats have in the political discourse of USA.  What would be the financial and social effects?
yolostidenatbaronsjoecavalry
  1. Live Poll

Would a strong third party benefit financial markets?

11 votes
    1. Would a strong third party benefit a progressive social agenda?
      72.73%
    2. Would a strong third party benefit a conservative social agenda?
      27.27%

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• Well, there could be positive and negative benefits. A party like the NAZI party would
    not be good. A politician party with mutual beliefs may be good and appeal to a different audience.
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    Very Interesting debate @model67 ;
    I would argue that with Trump administration many otherwise democrats turned to republicans and visa versa.  It is less important to identify yourself as a republic vs democrat, but how you identify with issues that the candidate represents.  a good chunk of Conservatives support Trump not because he is republican, but because he aligns with their interests (like smaller government).  The 2-party system is no longer effective when it comes to the current climate.  Trump is an outsider and was ready to run as independent if needed anyway. 
    yolostide
    Live Long and Prosper
  • Yes, this would be beneficial in ways.
    SilverishGoldNova
  • This could benefit a conservative social agenda.
  • NopeNope 397 Pts   -  
    We have had two ruling party's that have been making it really really hard for third parties from doing things for to long. I think it would be beneficial for the US if their was more political diversity.
    yolostide
  • yolostideyolostide 95 Pts   -  
    A third political party may not impact the United States that much. The Republican Party and Democratic Party are currently the largest US political parties possibly. This may be due to candidates, money, etc. The independent party may not be as strong or large due to a lack of funds, candidates, etc. They may also not have a great agenda.
    anonymousdebater
  • NopeNope 397 Pts   -  
    yolostide I agree that it is unlikely. I do think that If a third political party does become powerful it may and probably will help strengthen diversity of US ideas and help make the US government better. I am not very good with politics so don't ttake my word for it. : )
  • natbaronsnatbarons 133 Pts   -  
    I believe that a third political party would not make a large different in elections, etc. The major political parties aren’t currently the Republican and Democratic Party. The independent party is not very popular.
  • NopeNope 397 Pts   -  
    natbarons If it is strong it could. 
  • joecavalryjoecavalry 430 Pts   -  
    Their are currently many political parties and the Republican and Democratic parties are the main ones. I don’t believe that another political party could be strong or major considering that the independent party is not that strong.
    DebateIslander and a DebateIsland.com lover. 
  • NopeNope 397 Pts   -  
    joecavalry Which is why the question is theoretical. : )
  • NonCredentiNonCredenti 46 Pts   -  
    Because of the way the US system is set up, a strong third party would draw away votes from the main party it most resembled. A strong conservative third party would draw away votes from the Republican party and a strong progressive third party would draw away votes from the Democratic party. If a strong third party started to form in the US, it would be attacked by the established party that it most closely resembled, and it would be encouraged by the other party. A third party will only be viable in the US if it switched to some sort of parliamentarian, coalition-building system. Right now it's winner take all, and I think we've seen in the past few decades that it's an inferior system.
  • ViceRegentViceRegent 68 Pts   -  
    That is an inferior system = the guy I wanted to win did not.
  • NopeNope 397 Pts   -  
    ViceRegent Or it good be that it just is an inferior system. It won't always be they guy I wanted to win did not. Because the US voting system is not very good. : )
    Founding fathers thought it was great.  Some random with little knowledge or experience on the internet says it is not.  Who should I go with?  That is hard.
  • NopeNope 397 Pts   -  
    ViceRegent Fist off the founding fathers lived in a time with different problems and held different values (although most were the same) then we do today. Second don't take anyone's word for it. I listed reasons the voting system needs improvement in my debate Is the US governments presidential voting system bad? Their were also reasons it was good their. Take your own word and make your own decision. : )
  • We need a strong third political party that is not controlled by the NWO puppeteers 
    I am no longer active on DebateIsland or any debate website. Many things I have posted here and on other sites (Such as believing in the flat Earth theory or other conspiracy theories such as those that are about the Las Vegas Shooting or 9/11) do not reflect on my current views. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1p6M-VgXHwwdpJarhyQYapBz-kRc6FrgdOLFAd3IfYz8/edit

https://debateisland.com/discussion/comment/18248/#Comment_18248 (Me officially stating that I am no longer a flat-Earther)
    Wait, choosing a side was very easy.
  • WilliamSchulzWilliamSchulz 255 Pts   -  
    What if the party just had shared views, some of republican and some democrat, you could appeal to a lot of people that way, even with conservative and liberal thinking. I would also add that we need a party that is solely economical and not political, to shake things up, and to help the middle class.
    A good debate is not judged by bias, but in the context of the debate, where objectivity is key and rationale prevalent. 

• NathanAllenNathanAllen 53 Pts   -  
    We already do have a 3rd party that can be considered a political party. It is called BLM supporters.@model67
    ~NathanAllen, Be yourself let no one tell you who you are. 
  • someone234someone234 647 Pts   -  
    It would affect USA like this:

It would get vanquished, bled dry and the reputation of any popular member of it tarnished beyond repair with brilliant frame-jobs.

Understand that corruption is not always a bad thing, play the game be a pawn... For only by risking staying as a pawn can one rise the ranks in the first place...

We are simple beings... Apes at worst... Wannabe gods at best... We are restricted by biology and physics in ways we can never ever defy. You live to live, enjoy it... Why need power? Why? Just be... You are meaningless... You are meaningful to meaningless beings... Take a deep breath.

Do not fight the powers that be, embrace them and work with the system rather than against it.