frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

What's your view on Donald Trump?

Debate Information

Not just 'hate' or 'love' but really what's your analysis of the guy?
If Trump were a rapper, I feel he'd make a song like this:

yolostide

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• someone234someone234 647 Pts   -  

I respect his confidence and work ethic... The guy is a monstrosity in terms of how hard he works and how far he will go before quitting on something no matter how doomed it seems (such as his bankrupt corporations, he stood by them to the bitter end).

He's not very intelligent and definitely not good with people but he's terrifyingly strong at efficiency and at dominating others in debates.

Disclaimer: I copy myself on CD.

• brontoraptorbrontoraptor 123 Pts   -  
    You say he isn't intelligent yet he created a global empire, became President of the United States, and the economy and market did exactly as he said they would if he got elected. You could bring me 10,000 "intelligent" people, and not a one of them could do any of those three things, much less all three...
    DrCereal
    @brontoraptor What you say he created, he inherited 70% of, the other 30% is also very little his own doing and more being in the right place at the right time.
  • yolostideyolostide 95 Pts   -  
    He is doing a great job as president and may pass tax reform which would be a huge accomplishment for him, Republicans, and his administration.
    DrCereal
  • CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1823 Pts   -  
    @brontoraptor What you say he created, he inherited 70% of, the other 30% is also very little his own doing and more being in the right place at the right time.
    LOL, in what system of math does $5 million equate to 70% of $3.7 billion?

More recently, the Times in a Jan. 2 story wrote that Fred’s will “divided the bulk of the inheritance, at least $20 million, among his children and their descendants, ‘other than my son Fred C. Trump Jr.,’ ” who died in 1981. At the time, there were four surviving children, Robert, Donald, Maryanne and Elizabeth.

http://www.factcheck.org/2016/03/factchecking-the-11th-gop-debate/

@CYDdharta He inherited it and it expanded for him.
  • MikeMike 97 Pts   -  
    My view on any President is relative to their behavior in following the US Constitution. And on that note, Trump’s performance is encouraging but too soon to form an opinion. 
    @CYDdharta He inherited it and it expanded for him.
    He inherited a small fraction of it and built it into an empire.
    @CYDdharta Shareholders did the work for him. Anything he tried went bankrupt. Thanks for your input.
    @CYDdharta Shareholders did the work for him. Anything he tried went bankrupt. Thanks for your input.
    LOL, of course you have proof, right?  You can prove that the opposite isn't the case, right?  That shareholders didn't cause the bankruptcies, and that Trump's ventures were the real successes, right?  Oh, that's right, radical leftist talking points don't need proof.
    DrCereal
    @CYDdharta You are the one who is all talk. No idea why you are defending him so hard, is he somehow related to you or something?
    @CYDdharta You are the one who is all talk. No idea why you are defending him so hard, is he somehow related to you or something?
    I'm not defending him, just correcting your errors.
  • someone234someone234 647 Pts   -   edited December 2017
    @CYDdharta You are infected with the Trump Fever.
    @CYDdharta You are infected with the Trump Fever.
    It may seem that way to someone with an irrational hatred of the man, but no, that's incorrect.
    @CYDdharta I'm not foolish enough to say I hate someone who is a president of such a powerful nation online.

I will say, however, that he inherited 70% of what you think he worked for and the other 30% was mainly being in the right place at the right time and he will read this with his NSA buddies and smirk because it's true and probably is too kind an estimation.
    @CYDdharta I'm not foolish enough to say I hate someone who is a president of such a powerful nation online.

I will say, however, that he inherited 70% of what you think he worked for and the other 30% was mainly being in the right place at the right time and he will read this with his NSA buddies and smirk because it's true and probably is too kind an estimation.
    Say whatever you want, that doesn't make it true; especially in light of proof that says otherwise, like that which I have already posted.
    @CYDdharta You mean his game show? Yeah he paid a huge royalty to Lord Alan Sugar for the idea and ran the show into the ground or maybe he just 'quit to prepare to run for president' actually I'd genuinely believe that part as this was all so predetermined that I'm surprised others didn't see it coming.

I am sad Hillary lost but not going to sit and cry over spilled milk. The system is what it is and my duty is to adapt. Do not squander your potential on fighting the system, it is always better to work as much with the system as you can and pick your enemies carefully so that you have the time and energy to take them down due to how little else you have to fight at the time.

I don't hate this or that politician and if I do, I get over it very quickly. To me life isn't about justice in the slightest, to me there is no justice and no amount of punishment can undo the suffering I or others undergo but rather I believe in being a tight-knit group so that the corrupt cannot break us apart. Until we are that, they deserve to defeat us for they are united much stronger than us by greed and pride.
    @CYDdharta You mean his game show? Yeah he paid a huge royalty to Lord Alan Sugar for the idea and ran the show into the ground or maybe he just 'quit to prepare to run for president' actually I'd genuinely believe that part as this was all so predetermined that I'm surprised others didn't see it coming.

I am sad Hillary lost but not going to sit and cry over spilled milk. The system is what it is and my duty is to adapt. Do not squander your potential on fighting the system, it is always better to work as much with the system as you can and pick your enemies carefully so that you have the time and energy to take them down due to how little else you have to fight at the time.

I don't hate this or that politician and if I do, I get over it very quickly. To me life isn't about justice in the slightest, to me there is no justice and no amount of punishment can undo the suffering I or others undergo but rather I believe in being a tight-knit group so that the corrupt cannot break us apart. Until we are that, they deserve to defeat us for they are united much stronger than us by greed and pride.
    I don't watch game shows or reality TV.  I never watched Trump's show and know very little about it; so no, that's obviously not what I mean.  I'm referring more to Trump's global real estate empire.

Are you trying to be a tight-knit group so that the corrupt cannot break us apart, or are you sad that Hillary lost?  Hillary was widely considered to be among the most corrupt politicians around, so it cannot be both.
    @CYDdharta she used corruption to help people, you can't succeed in politics without lying and making underhanded deals but her motive was always for the people whether it was a CIA action or an anti racism law.

Sure, Bill was a horny bastard but frankly he was a great president in my eyes. Also, what did she do so wrong? Sent some emails about NSA or about plotting how to beat others in her own party?

Welcome to politics, playing to win doesn't make you a bad guy, you can't win unless you are corrupt.
    @CYDdharta she used corruption to help people, you can't succeed in politics without lying and making underhanded deals but her motive was always for the people whether it was a CIA action or an anti racism law.

Sure, Bill was a horny bastard but frankly he was a great president in my eyes. Also, what did she do so wrong? Sent some emails about NSA or about plotting how to beat others in her own party?

Welcome to politics, playing to win doesn't make you a bad guy, you can't win unless you are corrupt.
    She used corruption to help herself.  According to her, when she and Slick Willie left the White House in 2001, they were flat broke (that was one of the excuses they used for stealing furniture from the White House).  15 years later, after two government jobs and managing a "non-profit", they were worth $240 million.
    @CYDdharta I repeat, don't hate the player if they play the game well. hate the player if they play to ruin the game for others.
  • I think he's just another big bank puppet, like Hillary.

PS: The ads are making this website unusable....
    someone234
    I am no longer active on DebateIsland or any debate website. Many things I have posted here and on other sites (Such as believing in the flat Earth theory or other conspiracy theories such as those that are about the Las Vegas Shooting or 9/11) do not reflect on my current views. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1p6M-VgXHwwdpJarhyQYapBz-kRc6FrgdOLFAd3IfYz8/edit

https://debateisland.com/discussion/comment/18248/#Comment_18248 (Me officially stating that I am no longer a flat-Earther)
    @SilverishGoldNova he is worse than Hillary because she became corrupt internationally to help USA, trump is corrupt only for the sake of a few CEOs.
    @SilverishGoldNova he is worse than Hillary because she became corrupt internationally to help USA, trump is corrupt only for the sake of a few CEOs.
    LOL, Hillary helped no one but herself throughout decades as a corrupt politician. She worked hard to get an approval rating worse than Trump's, at least acknowledge her title as the Queen of Corruption.
    @CYDdharta you are wrong. From the get go she assassinated bin laden as sec of state then she encouraged bridging the gap Bush had made with Iran among many other things. Almost all good decisions by Obama were her doing while almost all of his bad decisions were Hillary's rivals' doing. 
  • @SilverishGoldNova he is worse than Hillary because she became corrupt internationally to help USA, trump is corrupt only for the sake of a few CEOs.
    The president is a chosen puppet. 
    CYDdharta
    I am no longer active on DebateIsland or any debate website. Many things I have posted here and on other sites (Such as believing in the flat Earth theory or other conspiracy theories such as those that are about the Las Vegas Shooting or 9/11) do not reflect on my current views. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1p6M-VgXHwwdpJarhyQYapBz-kRc6FrgdOLFAd3IfYz8/edit

https://debateisland.com/discussion/comment/18248/#Comment_18248 (Me officially stating that I am no longer a flat-Earther)
    @SilverishGoldNova so do you admit that Trump is corrupt?
    SilverishGoldNova
  • averyaproaveryapro 150 Pts   -  
    I think everyone has a great argument and a great point but I still think Trump is leading our country in the wrong direction. I think he is too judgemental and he always thinks that his opinion is right which is definitely not true no matter if he is president. Someone may argue with my last statement but even if he was this total nobody his opinion still wouldn't be right. I think that he makes people think what he wants them to think so that people think what he's doing his right. For example, he thinks that all/most Muslims are bad and he's making people think that without even an argument. 
    someone234SilverishGoldNova
    @CYDdharta you are wrong. From the get go she assassinated bin laden as sec of state then she encouraged bridging the gap Bush had made with Iran among many other things. Almost all good decisions by Obama were her doing while almost all of his bad decisions were Hillary's rivals' doing. 
    She assassinated bin Laden?!?  I heard Seal Team 6 carried out that mission.  Did Hillary join Seal Team 6???  If you look at her record realistically, rather than some idolized version of it, you'll see she was a failure.  She went from one flawed policy to the next; Hillarycare, attacking Slick Willie's sexual abuse accusers, looting the White House on her way out, the Russian reset, backing the Muslim Brotherhood, Benghazi, helping Hezbollah, helping Iran get nukes, etc.  Much of her corruption as Secretary of State could have been anticipated, considering she hired a convicted Iranian-American multimillionaire with ties to Tehran as her national campaign finance director in 2008.

averyapro said:
    I think everyone has a great argument and a great point but I still think Trump is leading our country in the wrong direction. I think he is too judgemental and he always thinks that his opinion is right which is definitely not true no matter if he is president. Someone may argue with my last statement but even if he was this total nobody his opinion still wouldn't be right. I think that he makes people think what he wants them to think so that people think what he's doing his right. For example, he thinks that all/most Muslims are bad and he's making people think that without even an argument. 
    Where do you get that Trump thinks all Muslims are bad??  He thinks the greatest threat to American security right now comes from Muslims, and of course he's right about that, but that's not the same as thinking all Muslims are bad.
    @CYDdharta You don't understand, you HAVE TO lie and make underhanded deals when you are high up in politics. The question is what she did it for and unlike Trump her motives were always favouring the American people in the long run.
    @CYDdharta You don't understand, you HAVE TO lie and make underhanded deals when you are high up in politics. The question is what she did it for and unlike Trump her motives were always favouring the American people in the long run.
    Her deals favored certain American people, like herself, her family, and some of her political allies, but were mostly bad for the nation as a whole.  How else could she have made $300 million on a government salary?
    @CYDdharta Trump is going to make a lot more because unlike her he only has to favor the rich since he's a Republican and not a Democrat anymore. :)
    @CYDdharta Trump is going to make a lot more because unlike her he only has to flavor the rich since he's a Republican and not a Democrat anymore. :)
    That remains to be seen.  What I do know is that Hillary and Obama raised my taxes by thousands of dollars, and Trump is lowering them below what Hillary and Obama raised them, and I'm far from rich.
    someone234
    @CYDdharta Correct, to the rich a lower-taxed Darwinistic society is better.

I didn't deny that Trump would be helping the upper class immensely.
    @CYDdharta Correct, to the rich a lower-taxed Darwinistic society is better.

I didn't deny that Trump would be helping the upper class immensely.
    I'm far from upper class.  His tax cuts will be helping all tax-payers.
    @CYDdharta No it won't. If you benefited from any public or half-public thing like Obamacare or public education or public transport etc, he is going to make everything much more hellish for the average low-income to medium-income earner.

For those who didn't benefit much as they had everything private, he is helping them.
  • CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1823 Pts   -   edited December 2017
    @CYDdharta No it won't. If you benefited from any public or half-public thing like Obamacare or public education or public transport etc, he is going to make everything much more hellish for the average low-income to medium-income earner.

For those who didn't benefit much as they had everything private, he is helping them.
    Yes it will, I don't benefit from any of those things but I still get taxed for them.  Public education and most public transportation is funded by states, so the federal tax reform won't have any significant impact on it.
    @CYDdharta You don't understand how funding works. He is going to attempt to utterly ruin USA from the inside out whereby only the rich end up getting access to anything.

The only reason he will fail is because most of the Republican party is thankfully not as right-wing as he is.
    @CYDdharta You don't understand how funding works. He is going to attempt to utterly ruin USA from the inside out whereby only the rich end up getting access to anything.

The only reason he will fail is because most of the Republican party is thankfully not as right-wing as he is.
    I understand it quite well.  I also understand political propaganda talking points when I see them, which happens to be in most of your posts.
    @CYDdharta Listen to this pls start to end.

You will soon understand what you have unleashed.

@CYDdharta Listen to this pls start to end.

You will soon understand what you have unleashed.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA, I don't look at music videos (or any other part of pop culture, for that matter) for serious political insight.  I've been hearing the same crap for decades and it's never been true.
  • averyaproaveryapro 150 Pts   -  
    @CYDdharta

He is the most judgemental person and, last time I checked, not every terrorist attack has been from Muslims. 
    @CYDdharta I gave you a chance in this debate to prove that you are not just another diehard Republican who comes up with anything at any angle to defend your party to the hilt and you have left me in utter dismay.

I respect and enjoy debates with Republicans who think they are choosing the lesser evil as there's wiggle room there especially since I support Dems as the lesser evil and am not diehard anything myself (okay maybe I'm a diehard centrist).

I am ashamed in your arrogance and shocked at your bias. You see things through your rosy coloured glasses for the right-wing and through your dark sunglasses for the left-wing. You are trapped in your outlook and not worth debating anymore.

In the future I will only engage with you to prove you wrong and not to have a good discussion since you have proven beyond doubt that you are only worthy of the former.

If later on you believe you have changed, I will give a second chance. Until then have a nice time but I'm done debating your nonsense.

Trump is helping no one of lower-to-middle class and is going to ruin USA internationally like no other president has before. Even the baby-strategy of Bush is worth more than the actual strategy of Trump which is being applied to alienate USA to the rest of the world one nation at a time.

Okay maybe Israel will dig Trump for the embassy move that was a big f***-you to Palestine but other than Israel he is digging himself a deep hole that whoever follows him can only hope to BEGIN to patch.
    averyapro said:
    @CYDdharta

He is the most judgemental person and, last time I checked, not every terrorist attack has been from Muslims. 
    Not every terrorist attack has been from Muslims, but the vast majority of them have been.
    @CYDdharta I gave you a chance in this debate to prove that you are not just another diehard Republican who comes up with anything at any angle to defend your party to the hilt and you have left me in utter dismay.

I respect and enjoy debates with Republicans who think they are choosing the lesser evil as there's wiggle room there especially since I support Dems as the lesser evil and am not diehard anything myself (okay maybe I'm a diehard centrist).

I am ashamed in your arrogance and shocked at your bias. You see things through your rosy coloured glasses for the right-wing and through your dark sunglasses for the left-wing. You are trapped in your outlook and not worth debating anymore.

In the future I will only engage with you to prove you wrong and not to have a good discussion since you have proven beyond doubt that you are only worthy of the former.

If later on you believe you have changed, I will give a second chance. Until then have a nice time but I'm done debating your nonsense.

Trump is helping no one of lower-to-middle class and is going to ruin USA internationally like no other president has before. Even the baby-strategy of Bush is worth more than the actual strategy of Trump which is being applied to alienate USA to the rest of the world one nation at a time.

Okay maybe Israel will dig Trump for the embassy move that was a big f***-you to Palestine but other than Israel he is digging himself a deep hole that whoever follows him can only hope to BEGIN to patch.

C'est la vie; you seem young and, well, inexperienced with forums like this.  Here's some advice; don't expect you'll be able to change anyone's mind on a forum like this.  You don't post here with an open mind, neither does anyone else.  Everyone has their own beliefs; they are pretty deeply held, otherwise people wouldn't bother to write a post.  Your opinions, and they are obviously your opinions as you don't source anything, won't sway anyone's beliefs. 

Thus far, Trump is the best person to hold the office in decades.  Under his tutelage; the economy is booming, senseless regulations are being slashed, ISIS has been virtually eliminated, taxes are being cut, and the job market is the best it's been in more than a decade.  We couldn't have hoped for a better president.
    DrCereal
    @CYDdharta ISIS isn't any less than it was... Really you don't know what you're talking about.
  • CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1823 Pts   -   edited December 2017
    @CYDdharta ISIS isn't any less than it was... Really you don't know what you're talking about.
    LOL, it looks like current event isn't your strong suit either.

ISIS nearly defeated on the battlefield but remains dangerous, US military says
    @CYDdharta Regrouping is nothing to guerrilla-based organisations and that is exactly why the article concedes they are still a major threat. They liquidate, spread out and reform bigger and badder until you cut the head(s) off the snake.
    @CYDdharta Regrouping is nothing to guerrilla-based organisations and that is exactly why the article concedes they are still a major threat. They liquidate, spread out and reform bigger and badder until you cut the head(s) off the snake.

They're still a threat, but they aren't nearly the size they were under the last administration, and they're been cut off from their funding sources.  ISIS isn't anywhere near the menace they had been.