Should We Be Judged By How We Make Others Feel? - The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com - Debate Anything The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Should We Be Judged By How We Make Others Feel?

Debate Information

Should we be?

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• exconexcon 562 Pts   -  

Should We Be Judged By How We Make Others Feel?

Should we be?
    Hello J:

Nahhh..  Others are responsible for how they themselves feel..

I hope you feel ok with me disagreeing with you.  If you don't, I take FULL responsibility for your feelings..

excon

• anarchist100anarchist100 672 Pts   -  
    @JulesKorngold
    You make me feel angry and disgusted, there's a reason for that.
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 4676 Pts   -  
    I do not think "judged" is the right word. People-pleasing is not a virtue, and, in fact, I would even argue that the best people are the most polarizing ones, loved by some and hated by others.

To live a great and fulfilling life (succeeding and failing at which should be the basis for moral judgement of a person, in my view), one has to find what really makes them happy and pursue it extremely and relentlessly. Such determination inevitably will lead to friction with others who are in the way of one's pursuit, and the extreme actions one will have to take on the way will be frowned upon by others. However, the (typically) minority of people who resonate with the person's values will have found a perfect friend / colleague / lover / et cetera.

Take, for instance, someone who is really passionate about motorcycles: loves riding them, reading about them, taking them apart; motorcycles are constantly on their mind. In my view, if this person finds a way to dedicate their life to motorcycles such that the other areas of their life (income, relationships, other hobbies) are in order as well, then they have reached personal perfection. However, many people will be annoyed by such obsession: they will not like it when they are at a restaurant with this person, and this person cannot stop talking about motorcycles. Many will also believe that the person is wasting their life, that their interest area is superficial, that they are not intellectual enough... There will be quite a bit of pushback in the society against this person's life choices.
    However, there will also be a small circle of people similarly fascinated by motorcycles, and they will really resonate with this person's lifestyle. For them, this is one of the best people in the world, and they will absolutely love spending time around them.

That said, you should absolutely base your social circle around how other people make you feel. It is great to have people who regularly challenge you and make you uncomfortable, causing you to grow - so it is should not necessarily be about seeking people who make you feel "great" in the conventional sense. But you certainly do not want to have people around who are negative, who regularly put you down, who are pessimistic about your plans and so on.
  • JulesKorngoldJulesKorngold 306 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: Lol

@anarchist100
    Ask me if I care.
    @JulesKorngold
    What happened to judging individuals by how they make other people feel?
  • BarnardotBarnardot 185 Pts   -  
    @JulesKorngold well we should be because we are nay way because God judges us all the time and this is some thing that I have discovered because when you think about it if you do good things that make people feel good then you feel good bud when you make other people feel bad then you will feel bad . So how come it’s because god is doing his work.
    Argument Topic: Your Suffering

@anarchist100
    I can't help you.  You're beyond help.
    @JulesKorngold ;@anarchist100 

So you see what I mean is that you didn’t make him feel good so your going to be judged by others and by God as being not good but if you have God in you you wouldn’t say thing like that any way.

@JulesKorngold
    maybe, but at least I'm not so far gone that I think the murder of innocent people is ok.
    Argument Topic: So...

Barnardot said:
    @JulesKorngold ;@anarchist100 

So you see what I mean is that you didn’t make him feel good so your going to be judged by others and by God as being not good but if you have God in you you wouldn’t say thing like that any way.

So you help anarchist100 and make him an outstanding citizen.  I'm waiting.
    @JulesKorngold ;So you help anarchist100 and make him an outstanding citizen.  I'm waiting.

For it is He and only He that shall make men righteous so you see it is Jesus who does that and He will help sarcasm people out standing any way.

@JulesKorngold
    An outstanding citizen like you? An individual who thinks it's a good thing that the police shot an unarmed woman while she was holding an infant?
    @anarchist100 well if some one like me thinks that nasty stuff then he doesn’t know Jesus and so he is not really like me any way because I have Jesus in my heart now.