frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

Myers-Brigg Personality Test: What is Your Personality Type?

Debate Information

Take the Myers-Brigg Personality Test here:  https://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test

Read some of your Personality Profile and post your result here.

You can find a great deal about your personal Personality Type through various resources on the internet articles as well as YouTube videos.

My results came back INTJ-A ("the Architect").  My exact stats were:

-52% Introverted

-67% Intuitive

-65% Thinking

-52% Judging

-80% Assertive 

aarong

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
33%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• whiteflamewhiteflame 689 Pts   -  
    I've taken the test multiple times and gotten different answers depending on the mindset I had going into it. If I brought the scientist in me to the table, I'd see a different answer than if I brought the debater in me, though that was solely with the online version. I've since taken a couple of versions that get rather extensive feedback, and while I can't give you specific numbers (I don't have them on me currently), I do remember what came up both times I took it:

ISTP-A

I'm very strong sensing and thinking, and very weak introverted and perceiving. I've always been very close to the line on the latter two, and very far from it on the former. I've gotten assertive every time I've taken the test.
    xMathFanx
  • someone234someone234 647 Pts   -  
    My type is INFP-A "The Idealist"

I'll post percentages later. I did it a month ago and haven't changed much but I don't have the details on me.
    xMathFanx
  • someone234someone234 647 Pts   -   edited December 2017
    Interestingly, within the past month it would appear I have shifted back to my former ways of INTP-A "The Logician".

Introverted 60%
    Intuitive 77%
    Thinking 53% (close indeed, the shift is not much as it was this close last time)
    Perceiving/Prospecting 83%
    Assertive 75%

I think basically my philosophy with thinking vs feeling is that I am intelligent enough to comprehend logic but emotionally healthy enough to know when to stop caring about the logic in a situation and be passionate or empathetic instead of rational.
    xMathFanx
  • MajoMILSdlGMGVMajoMILSdlGMGV 103 Pts   -  
    The Logician INTP-A

93% introverted
    70% intuitive
    60% thinking
    64% prospecting
    56% assertive
  • SilverishGoldNovaSilverishGoldNova 1201 Pts   -   edited December 2017
    I did this before, last time it was Logician. I'm going to retake it then come back.
    I am no longer active on DebateIsland or any debate website. Many things I have posted here and on other sites (Such as believing in the flat Earth theory or other conspiracy theories such as those that are about the Las Vegas Shooting or 9/11) do not reflect on my current views. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1p6M-VgXHwwdpJarhyQYapBz-kRc6FrgdOLFAd3IfYz8/edit

https://debateisland.com/discussion/comment/18248/#Comment_18248 (Me officially stating that I am no longer a flat-Earther)
  • DrCerealDrCereal 193 Pts   -  
    Does a meaningless combination of letters really matter?
    Bis das, si cito das.
    DrCereal said:
    @DrCereal When they form 'drcereal' then I guess they and their opinions don't matter at all.
    DrCereal said:
    @DrCereal When they form 'drcereal' then I guess they and their opinions don't matter at all.
    I would hardly say "drcereal" is a meaningless combination of letters.
    Dr is an abbreviation of "doctor" and what follows generally signifies the last name of the person the title is referring to. (In this case - "cereal".)

I'm not sure what I ever did to you to deserve this kind of response, but I do apologize for whatever my transgression was; I'm sure I didn't mean to offend you. (And I'll be frank - I am sometimes immature and abrasive, but I don't have any actual ill feelings towards anyone.)
    Bis das, si cito das.
    DrCereal said:
    The only point I was trying to make was that we shouldn't carry around meaningless letters to prove that we have some specific attribute.
    These letters don't define who you are; your actions do.
    Bis das, si cito das.
    DrCereal said:
    The only point I was trying to make was that we shouldn't carry around meaningless letters to prove that we have some specific attribute.
    I agree with you in part: we certainly shouldn't attribute too much meaning to the letters that pop out from the Meyers-Briggs test. The test is attempting to place us into one of 16 boxes based on 4 traits on a sliding scale using questions that aren't necessarily going to have clear answers. There's a lot of fault to be found in how this works. That being said, I don't think the letters are meaningless. There's value in providing some idea of what kind of thinker you are, even if doing so may be somewhat overgeneralizing. There's a reason the MBTI test is commonly used in workplaces - you're either functioning with a blank slate to start in your interactions with your coworkers, or you're starting with something that's at least partially meaningful. The error comes from treating the MBTI results as gospel, rather than as a basic starting point for understanding the mentality someone brings to their interactions.
    DrCereal
    DrCereal said:
    DrCereal said:
    I'm not sure what I ever did to you to deserve this kind of response, but I do apologize for whatever my transgression was;
    Sorry, that's a meaningless combination of letters to me, come back and try to string together a meaningful combination.
    DrCereal
  • CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1823 Pts   -  
    DrCereal said:
    I agree with you in part: we certainly shouldn't attribute too much meaning to the letters that pop out from the Meyers-Briggs test. The test is attempting to place us into one of 16 boxes based on 4 traits on a sliding scale using questions that aren't necessarily going to have clear answers. There's a lot of fault to be found in how this works. That being said, I don't think the letters are meaningless. There's value in providing some idea of what kind of thinker you are, even if doing so may be somewhat overgeneralizing. There's a reason the MBTI test is commonly used in workplaces - you're either functioning with a blank slate to start in your interactions with your coworkers, or you're starting with something that's at least partially meaningful. The error comes from treating the MBTI results as gospel, rather than as a basic starting point for understanding the mentality someone brings to their interactions.
    The test said I was like James Bond, MacGyver, James McClane, Indiana Jones, Jack Bauer, and Michael Westen.  I don't even think it's an accurate starting point.
    CYDdharta said:
    The test said I was like James Bond, MacGyver, James McClane, Indiana Jones, Jack Bauer, and Michael Westen.  I don't even think it's an accurate starting point.
    If someone's main take-away from the MBTI test is to just look at all the famous people at the bottom of the page to get some vague idea of what kind of person they're working with, then they're doing it wrong. The list of people on my page is equally absurd, but that doesn't mean that the entry itself is entirely without merit. The list of strengths and weaknesses isn't too far off the mark for me, nor are the workplace habits. It's entirely plausible that those are all off the mark as well, but they are based on your entries and they therefore do have some relevance to the kind of person you are.

If someone's main take-away from the MBTI test is to just look at all the famous people at the bottom of the page to get some vague idea of what kind of person they're working with, then they're doing it wrong. The list of people on my page is equally absurd, but that doesn't mean that the entry itself is entirely without merit. The list of strengths and weaknesses isn't too far off the mark for me, nor are the workplace habits. It's entirely plausible that those are all off the mark as well, but they are based on your entries and they therefore do have some relevance to the kind of person you are.
    I'd say it's a little more accurate than a daily horoscope or a fortune cookie, and about on par with the results you'd get from a ouija board. 

@CYDdharta I get that you're trolling here and all and I'm not innocent of winding people up myself but you're picking on the wrong guy for the wrong reasons here.

This isn't some guy saying the Earth is flat and having an actual manic fan following, this guy is simply discussing a psychological quiz that is based on science and which doesn't claim to be conclusive beyond an 'outline' of personality. Take the time to step back and appreciate the quiz and the user posting this debate.

There are people worth trolling, ESPECIALLY on debating sites. Believe me, I'm a full-on advocate for outplaying trolls by trolling them but this is not the place for the kind of passive bullying you're doing here.
    xMathFanx
    @CYDdharta I get that you're trolling here and all and I'm not innocent of winding people up myself but you're picking on the wrong guy for the wrong reasons here.

This isn't some guy saying the Earth is flat and having an actual manic fan following, this guy is simply discussing a psychological quiz that is based on science and which doesn't claim to be conclusive beyond an 'outline' of personality. Take the time to step back and appreciate the quiz and the user posting this debate.

There are people worth trolling, ESPECIALLY on debating sites. Believe me, I'm a full-on advocating for outplaying trolls by trolling them but this is not the place for the kind of passive bullying you're doing here.
    I don't put a lot of stock in quizzes like this, and the results of this one in particular were sub-par, at least in my case.  Some things are accurate, some things are not, much like reading a daily horoscope.  It's important to differentiate between science and pseudo-science.  I believe this test definitely belongs in the latter category.
    CYDdharta said:
    I'd say it's a little more accurate than a daily horoscope or a fortune cookie, and about on par with the results you'd get from a ouija board. 

Really? You're saying that the results of a test where you input at least some personal data about how you deal with a variety of situations and what your values are is akin to a Ouija board? I suppose you're welcome to your opinion, but that seems a tad more dismissive than is reasonable to me. 
    xMathFanxDrCereal

Really? You're saying that the results of a test where you input at least some personal data about how you deal with a variety of situations and what your values are is akin to a Ouija board? I suppose you're welcome to your opinion, but that seems a tad more dismissive than is reasonable to me. 
    Ouija boards depend on input from the users, much like this test.  Funny thing is I retook the test answering the opposite of what I really think/feel and the results were more accurate as being the opposite of who I really am.
    CYDdharta said:
    Ouija boards depend on input from the users, much like this test.  Funny thing is I retook the test answering the opposite of what I really think/feel and the results were more accurate as being the opposite of who I really am.
    Sounds like you're already pretty determined that MBTI is flawed to the point that its basically useless. I don't think we're going to get anywhere if we keep this up, so I'll just agree to disagree. 
    CYDdharta said:

I retook the test answering the opposite of what I really think/feel and the results were more accurate as being the opposite of who I really am.

@CYDdharta That supports the accuracy of the test, not the inaccuracy of it.
    xMathFanx

@CYDdharta That supports the accuracy of the test, not the inaccuracy of it.
    It isn't bad at judging what I am not, but it isn't good at judging what I am.
    @CYDdharta The only way what you just stated could be true is if you have perhaps not fully been honest with yourself when answering what you are.
    Evidence
  • CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1823 Pts   -   edited December 2017
    @CYDdharta The only way what you just stated could be true is if you have perhaps not fully been honest with yourself when answering what you are.
    ...or if the test is flawed.  If the test is flawed, than it can give any results.
    @CYDdharta How does it identify your opposite so well? Are you suggesting all results are your opposite?
  • I have a caring, honest personality!  o:)
  • IntellisioIntellisio 42 Pts   -  
    Extroverted-88% (The second time I took it I got 100%!!!)
    Intuitive-14%
    Thinker-54%
    Judger-16%

xMathFanx
  • EvidenceEvidence 814 Pts   -  
    xMathFanx said:

Take the Myers-Brigg Personality Test here:  https://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test

Read some of your Personality Profile and post your result here.

You can find a great deal about your personal Personality Type through various resources on the internet articles as well as YouTube videos.

My results came back INTJ-A ("the Architect").  My exact stats were:

-52% Introverted

-67% Intuitive

-65% Thinking

-52% Judging

-80% Assertive 

“The Campaigner” (ENFP-A)
    68% Extraverted
    55% Intuitive
    51% Feeling
    58% Prospecting
    51% Assertive 

https://www.16personalities.com/profiles/d9bb8b25b8030

Eerily true to who I am, thank you @xMathFanx ; it's like a face recognition program lol.
    Even my love relationship was spot on:
    Long-distance relationships are quite common among Campaigners, as they view physical distance as just another idea, no match for concepts like love. (I brought my wife out from the Philippines)
    xMathFanx