frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

Is Donald Trump's Budgest Plan Good?

Debate Information

Is Trump's new budget plan good in your opinion?
  1. Live Poll

?

10 votes
    1. Yes
      60.00%
    2. No
      40.00%

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• uretha_2187uretha_2187 12 Pts   -  
    Yes, I believe that Donald Trump's Budget Plan is great.
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    In a spirit of Trump's other actions, it is an agressive and decisive plan.   $54 billion will be cut in fiscal year 2018. 
    Smaller government spending is consistent with conservatives agenda.
    doing more will less is consistent with Trump trying to run the Government more like a business - a welcome change.
    since he is an outsider, there are less sacred cows to protect.
    the reservations I have:
    1) $30bb supplemental defensive budget - that's a big number.  Presumably that includes the mexico wall too.
    2) will he get support from congress, as they likely will require lots of negotiations.
    Live Long and Prosper
  • islander507islander507 194 Pts   -  
    I agree as well.  I think that in politics words are not real, but budgets are what drives real prioritization. He is making it clear that smaller government is his priority.
    i am confused though why is the $30bb inclusive of the wall if his campaign advocatd that Mexico is going to pay for it.  Looking forward to het more details on that proposal.
  • ale5ale5 263 Pts   -  
    I don't think it's a good proposal. The $30bb defense supplement is a high red flag.  If he wants to build the wall, let him make mexico pay, why use tax payers dollars. Is he backing away from that commitment?
    the smaller government budget cuts sound good, but which important programs will suffer and is it realistic to have such high cuts?
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible
    - Walt Disney
  • CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1823 Pts   -  
    @ale5 No, he is not backing away from his commitment.  Trump NEVER suggested that Mexico would pay for the wall upfront.  It was always his contention that he would be reimbursed for the cost of building the wall from increased fees and/or taxes with Mexico.
  • WhyTrumpWhyTrump 234 Pts   -  
    I think the increases to the military are too high, andvthe cost of the wall is too high.
    WhyTrump - a good question
  • joecavalryjoecavalry 430 Pts   -  
    Yes, it's very good. Trump is really attempting to save money and rerouted some flows.
    DebateIslander and a DebateIsland.com lover. 
  • WhyTrumpWhyTrump 234 Pts   -  
    @joecavalry , respectfully, while I agree on importance making prioritization decisions and reroutung flows, les look at some issues:
    1) HUD funding being cut drastically - thats needed for inner cities
    2) extra military funding at expense of what?
    3) the cost of the wall

i think these issues need to be addressed before we can say it's good
    WhyTrump - a good question
  • jurasticchounjurasticchoun 2 Pts   -  
    No, and many agree. Many improvements need to be made to the budget plan, and then maybe it will be passed. Conservatives have to like it as well as all republicans and possibly some democrats.