frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

What if the women are actually inferior?

Debate Information

Today I pose the question, the one we dare not ask,
The question is put forth to achieve what is a task,
A task indeed I ask of you to answer me this day,
What nobody would want to answer any other way,
They say that we are equal, and equal we became,
But equal are women and men only in Equal's name,
For if one were to observe it, the equalling we do...
Is only about nerfing men, but why not women too?
Why allow the women to turn up in pants to work?
Why tell the men to stop harassment but enable women to flirt?
I come not in defence of perverts, nor to advocate rape,
I come only to ask if we can stop replaying this tape,
It says that we are equal, it says that we're the same,
But I ask then who is Equal? For he has a symbolic name.

joecavalryyolostide
  1. Live Poll

What of the poem?

4 votes
    1. Hot bars god dang
      50.00%
    2. So bad a woman must have written it
      25.00%
    3. So great a woman must have written it
      25.00%

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• joecavalryjoecavalry 430 Pts   -  
    Men and women should be on the same level, none of them should be inferior in any environment and that includes the workplace.
    DebateIslander and a DebateIsland.com lover. 
  • someone234someone234 647 Pts   -  
    @joecavalry but this is achieved by inhibiting men yes?
  • VaulkVaulk 813 Pts   -  
    To say that Men and Women are equal is to say that they are the same...when they obviously are not.  There can never be such a thing as true equality between Men and Women.  In some areas Men are superior and in others Women are.  There's no shame or matter of morality when it comes to acknowledging these things.  Admitting that Men are physiologically stronger than Women is no worse than admitting that Women are physiologically better at birthing children than Men.
    CuriousGeorge
    "If there's no such thing as a question then what kind of questions do people ask"?

"There's going to be a special place in Hell for people who spread lies through the veil of logical fallacies disguised as rational argument".

"Oh, you don't like my sarcasm?  Well I don't much appreciate your stup!d".

• CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1823 Pts   -  
    I wouldn't say women are inferior to men, they're just different.  Women may be generally inferior in certain aspects and at certain tasks to men, but they're generally superior in other aspects and at other tasks.
    CuriousGeorge
  • VaulkVaulk 813 Pts   -  
    I'm of similar opinion, the rub comes when making the comparison between Men and Women.  Yes they are different, but by acknowledging the difference you also infer a rating by assigning a positive or negative difference.  In differentiating there are positive differences, negative differences and the third choice is simply "Incomparable".  Men and Women are capable of performing a multitude of tasks that are exactly the same.  Men and Women can both lift heavy objects, operate machinery, compete in physical sports...ect..ect.  One cannot however, ignore the physiological and psychological differences between Men and Women and subsequently the predispositions that are inherent between the two sexes.  Men are more predisposed to a multitude of areas than Women are just as Women are more predisposed to a multitude of other areas than Men are.

The term "Inferior" can accurately be assigned to either Men or Women, one must first specify the area of comparison.  If it's possible to use research and study to determine that the Male Rhinoceros is superior in certain areas to the Female Rhinoceros...then it's possible to do the same for Human beings.  People generally don't however, mostly because people are so frigging touchy about the subject.
    xMathFanxNopeMajoMILSdlGMGV
    "If there's no such thing as a question then what kind of questions do people ask"?

"There's going to be a special place in Hell for people who spread lies through the veil of logical fallacies disguised as rational argument".

"Oh, you don't like my sarcasm?  Well I don't much appreciate your stup!d".