frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

CBS News poll shows how Americans are evaluating Trump onmore than economy - Is this poll correct?

Debate Information

Do you believe that this poll is correct?

I love DebateIsland.com’s Debate News! Getting my news from DebateIsland now in addition to others!

Article -
https://www.cbsnews.com/videos/cbs-news-poll-shows-how-americans-are-evaluating-trump-on-more-than-economy/
kmelkevolution17agsryolostidejoecavalry
  1. Live Poll

DebateIsland.com Poll - Are Americans evaluating Trump on more than the economy?

6 votes
    1. Yes
      83.33%
    2. No
      16.67%

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
22%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    I agree with validity of the poll.  
    I think that economic performance is a key metric, but also understand that there is much personal preference besides just the economy for many voters.  You either love him or hate him regardless what he does...
    kmelkevolution17
    Live Long and Prosper
  • I think that Trump is being judged on his overall performance which includes jobs, his affect on the economy, etc.
    agsr
  • CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1823 Pts   -  
    I doubt the poll is accurate.  They won't release the weighting of the poll's opt-in participants.  Considering how poorly they were at predicting the poll that really mattered (they had Hillary with a 9 point lead over Trump just 3 weeks before the election), their veracity is something everyone should question.
    agsr
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    @CYDdharta, I am also sceptical regarding any polls about Trump ever since the election.  That said, the premise of voters judging him on overall performance instead of just economic performance resonates with me. 
    Live Long and Prosper
  • ale5ale5 263 Pts   -  
    I agree with the poll.  Why would Americans evaluate Trump or any president on only economic performance? There is so much more to the presidency. 
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible
    - Walt Disney
    agsr said:
    @CYDdharta, I am also sceptical regarding any polls about Trump ever since the election.  That said, the premise of voters judging him on overall performance instead of just economic performance resonates with me. 
    Do you trust the findings of this poll?
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    @CYDdharta, yes in general.  However I question legitimacy of the disapproval ratings.
    if someone is uneasy with Trump's handling of immigration, NK, or just dislikes him in general..than they won't care about giving him credit for the stock market.  
    I don't understand though why more pollers didn't give Trump credit for job creation.
    Live Long and Prosper
    agsr said:
    @CYDdharta, yes in general.  However I question legitimacy of the disapproval ratings.
    if someone is uneasy with Trump's handling of immigration, NK, or just dislikes him in general..than they won't care about giving him credit for the stock market.  
    I don't understand though why more pollers didn't give Trump credit for job creation.
    Why would you trust the findings of a poll when the pollsters will not release the demographics of the poll-takers, particularly in light of the fact that they were humiliatingly wrong so recently and don';t appear to have taken any corrective measures?
    agsryolostide
  • yolostideyolostide 95 Pts   -  
    I believe that polls should done by non byast people/organizations/companies.
  • joecavalryjoecavalry 430 Pts   -   edited January 2018
    I don’t belive that the poll is correct and believe that Trump and his administration are being judged on him keeping his promises.
    DebateIslander and a DebateIsland.com lover. 
  • VaulkVaulk 813 Pts   -  
    I didn't vote for Trump because he's politically correct, because he's polite or because he's popular.  I voted for him so he can make the tough choices, the hard decisions and he's there to pick the ones that are best for our Country.  If anyone here truly trusts the news anymore then you can go right ahead and follow whichever media outlet is pandering to your beliefs.  Meanwhile our Country is in better shape than it has been since before Bush was in office...and it's only getting better.

Anyone who gets hung up on petty, inflammatory tweets, statements about "Sh!thole countries" or is generally offended by Trump no matter what he does or says is likely inconsequential.  I am of no consequence and I GENERALLY don't care what people do or say...anyone who's up in arms about what Trump says likely has an overdeveloped opinion of themselves and will suggest that everyone SHOULD feel exactly as they do instead of justifying it with more than just emotions.

"If there's no such thing as a question then what kind of questions do people ask"?

"There's going to be a special place in Hell for people who spread lies through the veil of logical fallacies disguised as rational argument".

"Oh, you don't like my sarcasm?  Well I don't much appreciate your stup!d".

• WilliamSchulzWilliamSchulz 255 Pts   -  
    In my opinion, the way you judge a president is based on how the economy is functioning. The media can crucify Trump all they want, but if the economy is working, then the president is at least doing his job correctly in a sense. I have no problem if Trump says something out of line and the media calls him out on that. The job of the media is to inform a public within their registered time frame, and if that involves catching up on the latest news about our president, I have no problem. However, when media only focuses on Trump and his wrongdoings instead of also portraying the good that he has done, media starts to be less informative and more like biased people trying to persuade an audience.

That being said, I would agree with the poll that people are judging Trump more than the economy, but economy policy comes from the actions of a president himself. There are two types of policy, domestic and foreign, both which can strengthen or upset the economy. For instance, when the US pulled out of the Paris Accord, we received (1) huge backlash and (2) more companies polluting the environment. Who does that reflect upon? Mr. Trump. Sometimes, the media attacks Trump for a good story or to pad run time, but in other cases, they do it as a reflection of his actions on the economy, which can lead to some middle ground here. Now, the middle ground will not occur in every case, (hence the middle ground fallacy), but media can achieve both standards by talking about the leader of our country Mr. Trump. 
    A good debate is not judged by bias, but in the context of the debate, where objectivity is key and rationale prevalent. 

• islander507islander507 194 Pts   -  
    There are many measures that are subjective, but balance in your 401k acount and unemployment rate is an objective measure of success