frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Could the universe be an organism - or even an inorganic compound - we inhabit at subatomic level?

Debate Information

Since I was a young teenager and learned about atoms and molecules, back in the late 1960s, and ever since, I had a niggling doubt in my mind:
"Could the universe be an organism - or even an inorganic compound - we inhabit at subatomic level?"

I mean... solar systems look like atoms, galaxies could easily be complex molecules, enzymes, hormones, or any of a trillion different compounds?

Truth Behind the Photos What the Hubble Space Telescope Really Sees LEFT: Three thousand light-years away, a dying star throws off shells of glowing gas in this image from the Hubble Space Telescope of the Cat's Eye Nebula. (Image credit: J. P. Harrington (U. Maryland) & K. J. Borkowski (NCSU) HST, NASA)

Could the above be a dying cell? Or perhaps somethng much smaller, (yet to us prodigiously large)?

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• BarnardotBarnardot 519 Pts   -  
    @ToniMassari Well I reckon may be your pulling a long bow there really because if you analize it in the end every thing is like that. Because I worked in a factory once and we made cheeze balls and what they do is they put all this mixture in a grate big tank then they pump it with air then let it expload into this grate big air oven and then all these perfectly round cheeze balls land in the vat. So what Im saying is that there just letting the natural laws of nature to do what they do. So in a way if were just an atom in side another atom you could be right but I tell you what if you keep thinking like that then your going to think wow so then the atom that the universe is in is in side another atom which is in side a nother atom and so on until you go crazy. Look at the bolshies and how crazy they are especially that Putin guy because there is evidence that that is how they think . For example they make these dolls that go in side a nother doll which goes in side a nother doll and so on so in the end look what that sort of thinking process does to them.
    Nomenclature
  • NomenclatureNomenclature 1245 Pts   -  
    @Barnardot
    I worked in a factory once and we made cheeze balls 

Lol. Omg you crack me up Barnie.

Dee
  • DreamerDreamer 272 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: The definition of the origin of life is the first self-replicating molecule or the first with heriditary.

That being said, we will never know for sure. Perhaps the universe can self-replicate and create other universes. Maybe even pass on some sort of hereditary meaning universes spawned from universe A will be more like A then universes from universe B.

The problem is such a process would take so long that humans will most likely be extinct before we can know the answer.

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @Nomenclature

The guy is comedy gold