frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

dream a little dream

Debate Information

It is obvious that dreaming is universally genetic, otherwise only some would dream. However, some people have recurring dreams that run with-in the family. I have never had the opportunity to ask my parents of their recurring dreams; yet i have asked my brothers and they had many of the same as I did. Some will argue that such dreams are based on nothing more than how the family grew up together; sharing the same ideas and thoughts.  Yet another possible and plausible explanation is that such recurring dreams are hereditary, passed on from our parents, in the same way as traits are. what do you think?

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
22%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• BarnardotBarnardot 519 Pts   -   edited March 2023
    @maxx ;It is obvious that dreaming is universally genetic, otherwise only some would dream.

What the. like how did you make up that bit of logic Were you dreaming or some thing. Why would only some people dream if it wasn't genetic is what I cant under stand and then whats worse if every body dreams what is so genetic about that any way Any way just because your brothers have the same dreams it doesn't meen that its genetic because I bet the dreems they had are the same as every body else if you want to think out side of the circle. I suppose they were dreaming that you should sort your self out and stop thinking such crookered things and you would dream the same thing because you proberly do want to start thinking straight. I had a dream and it had two other women in it and I bet my brother has the same dream but that doesn't make it genetic because if you ask any one they have the same dream any way.

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
     I have never had the opportunity to ask my parents of their recurring dreams; yet i have asked my brothers and they had many of the same as I did. Some will 

I could safely bet that your mother and father had a recurring nightmare that they would be collectively ressonsible for bringing into the world  a pin headed moron who they would name Maxx .......could have been worse might have been twins
    NomenclatureBarnardot
  • maxxmaxx 1131 Pts   -  
    oh you worthless piece of refuse. as usual you did not come here to debate but to insult. you are about as intelligent as a brick wall. im putting you on my mute list for good you crosseyed loser.  have fun talking to other crap like yourself. wont be long and you will be off this site like ricky.@Dee
    anarchist100
  • NomenclatureNomenclature 1245 Pts   -  
    @maxx
    you are about as intelligent as a brick wall
    you crosseyed loser
    Quite shocking really, that you accuse other people of ad hominem tactics when all you do yourself is insult others. You seem to hold raging double standards on a lot of stuff.

Dee
  • DreamerDreamer 272 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: Dolphins sleep with half a brain at a time.

Genetics is a huge factor for sleep. For example plants do not dream.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @Dreamer

For example plants do not dream

Leave @maxx out of this

DreamerNomenclature
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @maxx

In fairness I need to offer a grovelling apology to retards everywhere for even suggesting you were on a similar "intellectual" level ...... maybe in time the wound will heal and they will forgive me.

Hey ! Just see you got the support of Anarchist that says it all a guy who thinks the world is ruled by giant lizard overlords is Mad Maxxs new best buddy .....how hilariously fitting 
  • maxxmaxx 1131 Pts   -   edited March 2023
    you can look over all my posts since i been on this game, and i do not insult others untill i had enough of people insultin me. then i eventually reply in same manner. I flat dare you to find any post at all where i began the insults. It is very apparent that you and dee are on this site just to insult and cause trouble, rather than to debate. why don't you guys shape up and act like grown ups and actually debate? @Nomenclature
    NomenclatureDee
  • BarnardotBarnardot 519 Pts   -  
    @maxx ;untill i had enough of people insultin me.

May be you might want to consider that people are just trying to tell you some thing after you drive every one around the bend with your total gonzo ideas that make about as much sents as some thing thing that doesn't make sents so in the end of course you feel insalted because what every one is trying to tell you is that your got a machine thats not working in the brain room.

DeeNomenclature
    @maxx
    you can look over all my posts since i been on this game, and i do not insult others untill i had enough of people insultin me

Your attempted justifications for your own personal attacks are delusional and irrelevant. The fact of the matter is that you're a hypocrite. People get tired of reading your aggressive, confrontational posts so they rightfully point out your lack of intellect. 

Dee
  • maxxmaxx 1131 Pts   -  
    and again, not an attempt at a debate, see? This is a debate site, if you do not like my post then stay off of it, otherwize debate the issue. Is that so hare to  understand?@Barnardot
    Dee
    @maxx

@Barnadot is the most erudite scholar on this entire website. You're talking about someone who was on the Harvard debate team, so show a little respect please. You should really seek some help with your obvious anger issues.
    Dee
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @maxx

You're a vicious troll , you attack the man for destroying you in a well  reasoned counter , you should think him for correcting you ,stop behaving like a Liddle  gurl who pissed her pink  frilly  knickers
    Nomenclature
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -   edited March 2023
    @maxx

Please just dry up,  everyone is sick of your constant whining , crying and wailing , put on your long trousers and man up you big 4 eyed twat
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @maxx

You're a prick with ears
    this is not about him now is it?  if he refuses to debate, just like you and dee, then he isnt much of a debater.  This is about my post. Why do you not do some research on it; all of you before you just claim something is not true?? I bet you fail to know, that scientists have isolated genes responsible for dreaming.  dreaming is genetic. That also means we inherit specific types of dreams. The trouble with you and certain others upon this site, you rather come on hereto insult and ridicule, than do research and actually debate. case in point, this post and the one you created on religion. Not one actual attempt at proper debate. @Nomenclature
    Nomenclature
    @maxx
     if he refuses to debate, just like you and dee, then he isnt much of a debater.

Maxx, you don't seem to understand the difference between debate and sticking your fingers in your ears. A big part of debate is reading through what other people write and accepting when you've made a mistake or written something which is irrelevant. Since you appear either unwilling or incapable of doing so, it is most certainly you who refuses to debate. You react like a spoilt angry baby to all criticism and incessantly follow up by projecting your own obstinate behaviour onto others.

Why do you not do some research on it

Why do you not stop calling people names like "you worthless piece of refuse" and in the same breath pretend like you are the victim? Anytime anybody argues with you about anything you accuse them of refusing to debate. It's utterly ridiculous.

Dee
  • BarnardotBarnardot 519 Pts   -   edited March 2023
    @maxx ;This is a debate site, if you do not like my post then stay off of it, otherwize debate the issue.

I am debating the issue and you refused to reply and I also questioned the logic of your debate and you refused to reply and same with every one else hear but your the one whose not debating so then the issue now is your off the planet way of thinking because when ever any one tries to debate you its like debating a brike wall because its like you never listen or understand any argument or what people are trying to tell you and that is your not debating at all you just come up with sents less crapola which make no sents to any one at all thats what the issue is.

• NomenclatureNomenclature 1245 Pts   -   edited March 2023
    @Barnardot

Maxx doesn't even respect the fact that you were on the Harvard debate team. His arrogance is outrageous.
    @Nomenclature ;Maxx doesn't even respect the fact

That fact is that he doesn't even respect any fact and he wouldn't even know what a fact is if it came up to him and chewed off his doolies. You see when your a janitor like I was at Harvard  you get to find out a lot of things just like that janitor at the WTC who found out that there were bombs planted there by the government but then I bet that guy didn't go to Harvard. He just worked for that skeptical guy and learned how to con dum people into believing heaps of crap so that he could make a heap of money by going on the speaking circuit and con his way to meeting the president even though he wasn't the last one pulled out of the building like he said and that the only thing he ever did was un lock a fire escape door like wow that was really ultra brave and its a wonder how he thought of doing that because he didn't have a Harvard degree did he.

@maxx ;if he refuses to debate, just like you and dee, then he isnt much of a debater.  
    Yeah right like IF he refuses but the thing is that i DID debate like on the second post. So what are you going to do about that like ignore my debate and keep saying I didnt and wonder why people get so p ed off with all your wired stuff. Like its hard to know whether you are just an ultra dum tard and just doesnt connect or weather you deliberally do it to attract attention to yourself and get off on it...thats what I want to know.
    @Barnardot
    He just worked for that skeptical guy and learned how to con dum people into believing heaps of crap so that he could make a heap of money 

Absolutely Barnie. It wasn't Bush and Cheney who conned people into believing a bunch of crap. It was a lone evil genius sweeping the floors in the WTC. Bush and Cheney would never lie to you about anything. Everything they ever told you is true and if you don't believe them, well, you just hate America, don't you? You hate freedom and you hate America.

Ask your teacher, Mr Forrest Gump, what he thinks. I'm sure he'll agree.

@Nomenclature yeah right like the loan evil genius just happened to be a self confessed militant anti government campaigner long before 911 and stirs up conspiracy stories and makes money out of it as well as being caught out for lieing like sure you can believe every word he says.    Not
    @Barnardot
    just happened to be a self confessed militant anti government campaigner 

A what now? He was a janitor, not a "militant anti government campaigner". Who feeds this idiotic crap into your poor deluded mind?

• maxxmaxx 1131 Pts   -  
    actually i am ignoring you and the rest. your reply was not any kind of debate, no logic no reasoning what so ever. even science says dreams can be hereditary. As well, there have been many studies on identical twins,even far apart from each other, having the same dreams. none of you will do any research, nor even formulate  a  decent reply. Now if you wish to reply with logic, or science, or actual reasoning, rather than just saying someone is wrong, then i will continue the debate, otherwise i will return to ignoring you. @Barnardot
    @maxx ; Now if you wish to reply with logic, or science, or actual reasoning, rather than just saying someone is wrong, then i will continue the debate, otherwise i will return to ignoring you. @Barnardot

Good because thats what I did. I said Why would only some people dream if it wasn't genetic. And I said Any way just because your brothers have the same dreams it doesn't meen that its genetic.

So you still cant and wont explain that logic and reasoning that just because your brothers have the same dream it has nothing to do with genetics so there for that is not evidence at all. And you point out where I said some one is wrong. All I said was that your logic and your reasoning is wrong and said why it is but you wont take a word of it and in steed try dodge the right argument that I made. Now are you going to debate or not because I reckon that most people are puked up and tyred with your gas lighting and dodging.

@Nomenclature ;A what now? He was a janitor, not a "militant anti government campaigner". Who feeds this idiotic crap into your poor deluded mind?

Not his far exstream boy friend Corbett thats for sure.

@Barnardot

Don't make me come over there Barnie boy.
    actually science says there is. There have been many case studies on identical twins having the same dreams even though apart from one another. These studies were conducted in a lab, The dreams written down and compared with the other twin.Hereidity plays a part in dreams. science is inline with the idea that many memories are genetic which makes sense sence because we get a lot of material passed on to us through our genes. The same with dreams. Yes many dreams are universal in nature, however, some dreams occur  soley with in the family due to what we inherited through our genes. it is known we inherit traits from our parents; so there is reason to believe the same with what we dream. Dreaming began long ago, probably before the dinosaurs and the material we dream has been passed on through generation. @Barnardot