frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Can you really debate anything on debate island?

Debate Information

aarong
  1. Live Poll

14 votes
    1. Yes
      78.57%
    2. No
      21.43%
I could either have the future pass me or l could create it. 

“We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain .” - Benjamin Franklin  So flat Earthers, man-made climate change deniers, and just science deniers.

I friended myself! 

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    In my opinion it's a qualified yes, as long as it complies terms and conditions and guidelines 
    http://www.debateisland.com/debatingtips

There are some topics that are off the table such such NSFW, illegal activities, hate speech, etc.  

I've been a loyal member of the Debateisland community since it's launch about a year ago and having a diverse but yet civil forum is one of the most attractive features.  

I am sure there are many ways we can stretch "anything" that will be on a borderline of what's appropriate or acceptable, and IMHO there is plenty to debate in some many categories and formats of debates without going outside of the edges.
    SilverishGoldNovaPoguesomeone234Zombieguy1987
    Live Long and Prosper
  • It's better than debate.org where we have clowns like Ramshitter or Trolltop routinely votebombing and harrassing their opponents
    BaconToesGeorge_HorseMasterofPunZombieguy1987
    I am no longer active on DebateIsland or any debate website. Many things I have posted here and on other sites (Such as believing in the flat Earth theory or other conspiracy theories such as those that are about the Las Vegas Shooting or 9/11) do not reflect on my current views. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1p6M-VgXHwwdpJarhyQYapBz-kRc6FrgdOLFAd3IfYz8/edit

https://debateisland.com/discussion/comment/18248/#Comment_18248 (Me officially stating that I am no longer a flat-Earther)
  • GooberryGooberry 608 Pts   -  
    It's better than debate.org where we have clowns like Ramshitter or Trolltop routinely votebombing and harrassing their opponents

If you’re being vote bombed you can report the individuals votes, and moderators will remove it. They have pretty strict guidelines for what is and isn’t a valid vote, if I recall.
  • GrenacheGrenache 65 Pts   -  
    In spirit, yes, because as long as you comply with the pre-announced rules of the site you can proceed.

In actuality, no, because technically there are many topics, words, and debate techniques which would run afoul of the standards of this site.
  • ErfisflatErfisflat 1675 Pts   -   edited February 2018
    Rip shark kitty @SilverishGoldNova
    @gooberry would have love it.
    Zombieguy1987
    Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.

Wayne Dyer
  • ReadRead 17 Pts   -  
    A debate is a practice and a formal one at that. Deciding between formal and nonformal changes a debate into a Socratic discussion. However, this website is to be preferred over debate.org due to the many trolls like backwardseden.
  • George_HorseGeorge_Horse 499 Pts   -  
    As long as the subject of the debate makes sense, and is not against the rules, then yes.
    someone234Zombieguy1987
    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? " ~Epicurus

"A communist is like a crocodile" ~Winston Churchill

We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we're not alone.~Orson Welles
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 5971 Pts   -  
    I really like the format of this website, and the community is one of the most mature, civil and intelligent communities I have ever been a part of on the Internet. We have all kinds of people here, some maybe a bit simple and some who are not on best terms with logic - but overall I find that most topics can be debated in a civil manner, and I almost always learn something new, or at least get to think about something I have not considered before, in these debates.

Returning temporarily to one of the debate communities I participated in in the past, I was surprised by how much this website rose my standards. The debates in that, overall, average Internet community looked extremely naive and superficial, compared to the debates I get to see here. The arguments most people make are very substantial, and there is almost always something to respond to and discuss further.
    someone234Zombieguy1987Plaffelvohfen
  • piloteerpiloteer 1577 Pts   -  
    Meh. Everyone here is so uptight about personal attacks. 
    Zombieguy1987SilverishGoldNova
  • TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    The atmosphere of any debate website (resides at treatment) of how some of the participants decide to treat it as a whole.

• YeshuaBoughtYeshuaBought 669 Pts   -  
    I love this site.
    Zombieguy1987
  • TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    Is a debate website, along with some of it's individual participants, an equal gauge to a debate had in real life say at a rally, or while watching a televised debate between two campaigning political representatives, or by going to a voting booth, and a person's vote in a sense, does their debating for them? 

I like debateisland also. 

• ethang5ethang5 258 Pts   -  
    My experience has been that most people here talk past each other,  too eager to have their say. There is hardly any actual debate, just people waiting for one post to end so they can publish personal opinions that usually have nothing to do with the OP.

I'm still searching for a debate site where people debate issues instead of spouting their interests unendingly.