frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Steve King: 'Hispanics and the blacks will be fighting each other' before whites become minority.

Debate Information

Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa) pushed back against the notion that minority groups will one day surpass whites in the American population, saying that Hispanics and blacks "will be fighting each other before that happens."

During an interview with radio host Jan Mickelson on 1040 WHO in Iowa, King was asked about comments made by Univision anchor Jorge Ramos last week on Fox News that whites are on track to become a minority in the U.S. by 2044.

"Jorge Ramos's stock in trade is identifying and trying to drive wedges between race," King told Iowa radio host Jan Mickelson on 1040 WHO. "Race and ethnicity, I should say to be more correct. When you start accentuating the differences, then you start ending up with people that are at each other's throats.

"He's adding up Hispanics and blacks into what he predicts will be in greater number than whites in America. I will predict that Hispanics and the blacks will be fighting each other before that happens."

1. Live Poll

Do you agree with Steve King?

9 votes
    1. Yes
      33.33%
    2. No
      66.67%
WhyTrump - a good question

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• humdahumda 2 Pts   -  
    Yes, I agree with that.
  • WhyTrumpWhyTrump 234 Pts   -  
    @humda, does that make you a racist?
    WhyTrump - a good question
  • islander507islander507 194 Pts   -  
    Steve King doesnt represent views of all other Trump supporters.  
  • inc4tinc4t 186 Pts   -  
    There is a related debate whether Trump supporters are racists.  That is true to some extend.
  • FiveofSwordsFiveofSwords 3 Pts   -  
    Blacks and Hispanics already fight each other. What exactly does he mean? does he think they will kill each other so much that it will compensate for their higher fertility rate? I dont think any war in human history has ever done that. 
  • osietiperosietiper 7 Pts   -  
    I agree with @FiveofSwords . That's actually a pretty valid point he made.
  • kiyecoupleskiyecouples 7 Pts   -  
    I also agree with @FiveofSwords . They are already fighting.
  • ale5ale5 263 Pts   -  
    @FiveofSwords , I think the issue is that King's remarks are racist and ignorant.  He is implying to your point that they will kill off each other as a form of population control.  I am not sure what he is thinking.  Unfortunately there is a good number of people if the Right Wing Trump supporters that think that way.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible
    - Walt Disney
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    These are ignorant comments by King. These types of statements just add further tension.
    Live Long and Prosper
  • ale5ale5 263 Pts   -  
    In an interesting update to this story,

People are canceling their Iowa vacations because of Steve King's words

The Iowa Tourism Office generally receives about two complaints a month from travelers who leave the state peeved about picking up a speeding ticket or dissatisfied with an unpleasant hotel stay.

But in the days following U.S. Rep Steve King's recent controversial comments, staff responded to about 60 tweets a day, not to mention emails, Facebook posts and calls from potential tourists, officials said Friday.

It's kind of fun to do the impossible
    - Walt Disney
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    I think that tourist reaction to Iowa is a major exaggeration. Cannot ban the whole state for petsonal vacations by ignorant comments of one politician.  If we wouldn't agree with political stance of every country, state, city politician, would anyone  travel to communist china for vacation? What about Las Vegas?
    Live Long and Prosper
  • inc4tinc4t 186 Pts   -  
    I wonder how much of this is just an attempt by the media to get attention with a clickbait title.  Iowa is not a major tourist attraction to begin with.