frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Should the US have universal healthcare?

Debate Information

What is your opinion? Every developed country has universal healthcare and a lot of developing countries. 
natbaronsLibertineStates
  1. Live Poll

Should the US have universal healthcare?

13 votes
    1. Yes, we are lagging behind other countries!
      76.92%
    2. No, healthcare is a privilege not a right!
      23.08%
    3. Do not know/here to look at comments
        0.00%
I could either have the future pass me or l could create it. 

“We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain .” - Benjamin Franklin  So flat Earthers, man-made climate change deniers, and just science deniers.

I friended myself! 

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• natbaronsnatbarons 133 Pts   -  
    No, the U.S. should not have Universal Health Care due to it currently having a very good health care system.
    islander507DrCerealwaffleeez
  • DrCerealDrCereal 193 Pts   -  
    to it currently having a very good health care system.

That begs to be substantiated.

LibertineStates
    Bis das, si cito das.
  • Now that the tax code has been cleaned up some we have a real chance in the next few years to implement a universal system
    LibertineStates
  • FascismFascism 344 Pts   -  
    I believe in free healthcare for everyone except for illegal immigrants. 
  • CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1823 Pts   -  
    Fascism said:
    LOL, "free healthcare" is an oxymoron.
    DrCerealLibertineStates
  • AmpersandAmpersand 858 Pts   -  
    CYDdharta said:
    Fascism said:
    LOL, "free healthcare" is an oxymoron.
    Free at point of service. The USAs healthcare is comparable in effectiveness to places like Cuba because for all the general technological advancement and higher education in place the healthcare system is backwards.
    DrCereal
  • MikeMike 97 Pts   -  
    “Universal healthcare” is like putting the horse behind the wagon. What is more important to sustain our “unalienable Right” to “Life,” food or healthcare, or both? I say both! Therefore, the US should have “universal” grocery stores where I could get my food for free; so I could live another day! 
    CYDdhartaDrCerealLibertineStates
    Ampersand said:
    Free at point of service. The USAs healthcare is comparable in effectiveness to places like Cuba because for all the general technological advancement and higher education in place the healthcare system is backwards.
    Ah, so he meant "free" in the Orwellian sense of demanding a massive tax increase. 
    islander507DrCerealLibertineStates
  • islander507islander507 194 Pts   -  
    @CYDdharta, completely agree. There is no free lunch.  "Free" will basically be an ineffective program that will just raise taxes and waste money. Let individuals make decisions how to spend their hard earned wages instead of centralized government.
    DrCerealMikeLibertineStates
  • DrCerealDrCereal 193 Pts   -   edited February 2018
    This post was originally a misunderstanding.
    Bis das, si cito das.
  • CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1823 Pts   -   edited February 2018
    I suppose this one was a misunderstanding as well.
    DrCerealLibertineStates
  • DrCerealDrCereal 193 Pts   -  
    CYDdharta said:
    Sorry about that.
    Bis das, si cito das.
    DrCereal said:
    CYDdharta said:
    Sorry about that.
    LOL, its all good