frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

Shapiro-Kimmel Debate - who will win?

Debate Information

Shapiro has challenged Kimmel publicly on issues ranging from Obamacare (where Kimmel attempted to use his son’s open-heart surgery to emotionally bolster his case defending his support for Obamacare, only to have Shapiro Rip his perspective and slam Kimmel for using his child as a prop while noting that his own daughter had the same surgery by the same doctor) to gun control.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/26863/internet-wants-shapiro-kimmel-debate-charity-daily-wire

Will this Shapiro vs Kimmel debate take place? Who would win the debate?
northsouthkorea
  1. Live Poll

Shapiro vs Kimmel Debate - who will win?

12 votes
    1. Shapiro will win
      66.67%
    2. Kimmel will win
      33.33%
  2. Live Poll

Shapiro vs Kimmel debate will take place?

12 votes
    1. Yes - it will happen
      33.33%
    2. No
      66.67%

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• I don’t belive that the Debate would happen, but Shapiro would probably win.
    George_Horse
  • Who cares? Shapiro is a Conservative snowflake who once cried about TV shows that had different opinions than him. The debate would be a complete joke.
    PogueBear_with_meGeorge_HorseAgility_DudeCheesusFarleyNathaniel_B
  • theo11theo11 29 Pts   -  
    Who cares? Shapiro is a Conservative snowflake who once cried about TV shows that had different opinions than him. The debate would be a complete joke.
    One, Shapiro would win easily. Kimmel is ignorant to the facts. Two, Shapiro did not cry or act in the manner of a snowflake about TV shows. He simply stated their bias and argued as to why we need to be wary of bias in the entertainment industry. Three, Kimmel cried about shootings and not having single-payer healthcare, but when something disputes his narrative, such as the death of Alfie Evans, he refuses to acknowledge it. Kimmel spreads propaganda but fails to provide facts while on the other hand, Shapiro takes the facts and develops his opinion based on the facts. Facts don't care about your feelings, but Kimmel does not understand this.
    George_HorseAgility_DudeCheesusFarleyNathaniel_B
  • Bear_with_meBear_with_me 24 Pts   -  
    To admit, i havn't watched much Jimmy Kimmel because i find him annoying and he doesn't come across as a good debater or representative of the left. Everybody in that debate would be corporate to me, it would be terrible. A debate like Shapiro vs Genk was a much better idea. I don't watch TYT but at least Genk is an actual left winger.

If it did happen it would be an abomination, nobody would win.
  • Bear_with_meBear_with_me 24 Pts   -  

Kimmel may be terrible but Ben shapiro is not woke on the facts. He was pro Iraq war and is anti universal health care.. need i say more, these positions are 100% non fact based. I think he also denies climate change.

Agility_Dude
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 5968 Pts   -  
    I do not think either would win. They both are pretty weak debaters, in different regards.

Kimmel is not great at listening to the opinions he disagrees with, dismissing them before even hearing the rationale behind them. He is the classic case of a person belonging to a specific political camp and refusing to expose himself to the outside of its shell.

Shapiro's narrative, on the other hand, lacks substance. He is similar to the average Internet poster, with the only difference being him somehow becoming trendy, as many people on the Internet sympathized with his views. He rarely has his own opinions on subjects, and instead he tends to borrow them from other, more crafty political individuals. His arguments are also usually full of easily pointed out logical fallacies, and the only reason they aren't exposed as easily is because he is very good at talking fast, preventing his opponents from being able to challenge what he said.

A great Left vs Right debate would be between, say, Hillary Clinton and John Kasich. That I could watch for hours! But these two - no.
  • George_HorseGeorge_Horse 499 Pts   -  
    This is like comparing einstein to Michael Moore. Shapiro would destroy that in a minute. 
    Nathaniel_B
    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? " ~Epicurus

"A communist is like a crocodile" ~Winston Churchill

We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we're not alone.~Orson Welles
  • I don't believe Kimmel will be allowed to debate Shapiro, for Shapiro has shredded far smarter people than Kimmel.  Kimmel gets to make fun of the President and those on the right in a sterile environment which is loaded with pro left fanatics.  Whereas Shapiro is of the caliber to go into the leftist utopia of liberal college campuses and take the fight to the opposition at ground zero.  Kimmel could only dream of doing such a thing.
  • ApplesauceApplesauce 243 Pts   -  
    Kimmel is a comedian, Shaprio is a lawyer who went to Harvard.  Kimmel would get embarrassed and use his comedic ability to turn a formal debate into a circus.  While I don't always agree with Shaprio he is so much smarter, better educated and skilled than Kimmel.
    Nathaniel_B
    "I'm just a soul whose intentions are good
    Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood"
    The Animals