Special counsel indicts Russians in 2016 election interference - The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The best online Debate website - DebateIsland.com! The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!





The best online Debate website - DebateIsland.com! The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!

Special counsel indicts Russians in 2016 election interference
in News

walterbaagsrqipwbdeo
  1. ?

    5 votes
    1. Yes
      80.00%
    2. No
      20.00%



Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
22%
Margin

Details +



Arguments

  • No, the case may have said that theee were no Americans involved in the interference for the 2016 election.
    agsrCYDdharta
  • agsragsr 818 Pts
    @walterba, just because there were no Americans indicted doesn't mean there were no Americans involved.  It's just a matter of how deep the investigation went and succeeded.  I would find it hard to believe that not a single American was involved behind the scenes.
    qipwbdeo
    Live Long and Prosper
  • agsr said:
    @walterba, just because there were no Americans indicted doesn't mean there were no Americans involved.  It's just a matter of how deep the investigation went and succeeded.  I would find it hard to believe that not a single American was involved behind the scenes.
    Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein issuing a statement that no Americans were involved means no Americans were involved;

    Rosenstein answered, “There’s no allegation in this indictment that any American had any knowledge. And the nature of the scheme was the defendants took extraordinary steps to make it appear that they were ordinary American political activists, even going so far as to base their activities on a virtual private network here in the United States so, if anybody traced it back to that first jump, they appeared to be Americans.”

    “There is no allegation in the indictment of any effect on the outcome of the election,” he also said.
    http://dailycaller.com/2018/02/16/rosenstein-no-collusion-american-not-knowing-participant/


  • PoguePogue 504 Pts
    CYDdharta said:
    agsr said:
    @walterba, just because there were no Americans indicted doesn't mean there were no Americans involved.  It's just a matter of how deep the investigation went and succeeded.  I would find it hard to believe that not a single American was involved behind the scenes.
    Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein issuing a statement that no Americans were involved means no Americans were involved;

    Rosenstein answered, “There’s no allegation in this indictment that any American had any knowledge. And the nature of the scheme was the defendants took extraordinary steps to make it appear that they were ordinary American political activists, even going so far as to base their activities on a virtual private network here in the United States so, if anybody traced it back to that first jump, they appeared to be Americans.”

    “There is no allegation in the indictment of any effect on the outcome of the election,” he also said.
    http://dailycaller.com/2018/02/16/rosenstein-no-collusion-american-not-knowing-participant/


    In this indictment! This is because there are still investigations going on. “There’s no allegation in this indictment ...". http://dailycaller.com/2018/02/16/rosenstein-no-collusion-american-not-knowing-participant/. ;

    Nice job at taking the quote out of context. 
    I could either have the future pass me or l could create it. 

    “We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.” - Benjamin Franklin  So flat Earthers, man-made climate change deniers, and just science deniers.

    I friended myself! 
  • CYDdhartaCYDdharta 549 Pts
    edited February 18
    Pogue said:
    In this indictment! This is because there are still investigations going on. “There’s no allegation in this indictment ...". http://dailycaller.com/2018/02/16/rosenstein-no-collusion-american-not-knowing-participant/. ;

    Nice job at taking the quote out of context. 
    I guess you're talking about all those Americans who WERE indicted for collusion.  Who are all those people again?
    Pogue
  • PoguePogue 504 Pts
    CYDdharta said:
    Pogue said:
    In this indictment! This is because there are still investigations going on. “There’s no allegation in this indictment ...". http://dailycaller.com/2018/02/16/rosenstein-no-collusion-american-not-knowing-participant/. ;

    Nice job at taking the quote out of context. 
    I guess you're talking about all those Americans who WERE indicted for collusion.  Who are all those people again?
    Nice straw man fallacy! It was this indictment that had no Americans! Whatever, the Americans that were indicted were: Paul Manafort and Richard W. Gates III. http://www.latimes.com/politics/washington/la-na-pol-essential-washington-updates-paul-manafort-and-business-associate-1509365548-htmlstory.html
    I could either have the future pass me or l could create it. 

    “We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.” - Benjamin Franklin  So flat Earthers, man-made climate change deniers, and just science deniers.

    I friended myself! 
  • Pogue said:
    Nice straw man fallacy! It was this indictment that had no Americans! Whatever, the Americans that were indicted were: Paul Manafort and Richard W. Gates III. http://www.latimes.com/politics/washington/la-na-pol-essential-washington-updates-paul-manafort-and-business-associate-1509365548-htmlstory.html
    LOL, how does that work?  Manafort and Gates were indicted for working with a Ukrainian political party that was virtually disbanded by the time Trump ran in 2016.  So where's this collusion again?
    Pogue
  • PoguePogue 504 Pts
    CYDdharta said:
    Pogue said:
    Nice straw man fallacy! It was this indictment that had no Americans! Whatever, the Americans that were indicted were: Paul Manafort and Richard W. Gates III. http://www.latimes.com/politics/washington/la-na-pol-essential-washington-updates-paul-manafort-and-business-associate-1509365548-htmlstory.html
    LOL, how does that work?  Manafort and Gates were indicted for working with a Ukrainian political party that was virtually disbanded by the time Trump ran in 2016.  So where's this collusion again?
    It was this indictment that had no Americans! Just because none were so far, doesn't mean that none will. However, they have lied to the FBI about it. 
    "Former Trump national security adviser Michael Flynn pleaded guilty in December to lying to the FBI about conversations with Russia's ambassador."
    The former Trump campaign foreign policy adviser pleaded guilty in October to making a false statement to the FBI after he lied about his interactions with foreign nationals, including two Russians, with ties to the Russian government.' 
    https://www.cnn.com/2017/12/04/politics/whos-charged-russia-investigation/index.html

    There is also Donald Trump Jr. who wanted to collude, along with Jared Kushner and Paul Manafort wanted to collude. 
    https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/07/11/us/politics/donald-trump-jr-email-text.html

    I could either have the future pass me or l could create it. 

    “We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.” - Benjamin Franklin  So flat Earthers, man-made climate change deniers, and just science deniers.

    I friended myself! 
  • Pogue said:
    It was this indictment that had no Americans! Just because none were so far, doesn't mean that none will. However, they have lied to the FBI about it. 
    "Former Trump national security adviser Michael Flynn pleaded guilty in December to lying to the FBI about conversations with Russia's ambassador."
    The former Trump campaign foreign policy adviser pleaded guilty in October to making a false statement to the FBI after he lied about his interactions with foreign nationals, including two Russians, with ties to the Russian government.' 
    https://www.cnn.com/2017/12/04/politics/whos-charged-russia-investigation/index.html

    There is also Donald Trump Jr. who wanted to collude, along with Jared Kushner and Paul Manafort wanted to collude. 
    https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/07/11/us/politics/donald-trump-jr-email-text.html

    But Flynn isn't being charged with any kind of collusion, neither is Trump Jr., Kushner, or Manafort.  The simple reason for that is because there was no collusion.  Flynn couldn't afford the long legal fight that Mueller's open-ended witch-hunt could bring to bear. 

    Nevertheless, as I explained in connection with George Papadopoulos (who also pled guilty in Mueller’s investigation for lying to the FBI), when a prosecutor has a cooperator who was an accomplice in a major criminal scheme, the cooperator is made to plead guilty to the scheme. This is critical because it proves the existence of the scheme. In his guilty-plea allocution (the part of a plea proceeding in which the defendant admits what he did that makes him guilty), the accomplice explains the scheme and the actions taken by himself and his co-conspirators to carry it out. This goes a long way toward proving the case against all of the subjects of the investigation.

    That is not happening in Flynn’s situation. Instead, like Papadopoulos, he is being permitted to plead guilty to a mere process crime. A breaking report from ABC News indicates that Flynn is prepared to testify that Trump directed him to make contact with the Russians — initially to lay the groundwork for mutual efforts against ISIS in Syria. That, however, is exactly the sort of thing the incoming national-security adviser is supposed to do in a transition phase between administrations. If it were part of the basis for a “collusion” case arising out of Russia’s election meddling, then Flynn would not be pleading guilty to a process crime — he’d be pleading guilty to an espionage conspiracy.
    https://www.nationalreview.com/2017/12/michael-flynn-plea-no-breakthrough-russia-investigation/

    If there had been any collusion, that's what Flynn would have been charged with, not a process crime.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Back To Top

DebateIsland.com

| The Best Online Debate Experience!
2018 DebateIsland.com, All rights reserved. DebateIsland.com | The Best Online Debate Experience! Debate topics you care about in a friendly and fun way. Come try us out now. We are totally free!

Contact us

customerservice@debateisland.com
Awesome Debates
BestDealWins.com
Terms of Service

Get In Touch