frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Should the United States consider getting rid of some atomic weapons?

Debate Information

joecavalry
  1. Live Poll

7 votes
    1. Yes
      57.14%
    2. No
      42.86%
    3. Maybe
        0.00%
    4. Here for the poll/comments
        0.00%
I could either have the future pass me or l could create it. 

“We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain .” - Benjamin Franklin  So flat Earthers, man-made climate change deniers, and just science deniers.

I friended myself! 

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• AmpersandAmpersand 858 Pts   -  
    Yes, although on a practical basis it should be linking disarmament in the USA at least somewhat with disarmament in Russia, Pakistan, India, Israel, etc.
    joecavalrystormyboi
  • joecavalryjoecavalry 430 Pts   -  
    Nuclear weapons, etc. should be removed for all countries to promote peace for all countries and globally.
    DebateIslander and a DebateIsland.com lover. 
  • WilliamSchulzWilliamSchulz 255 Pts   -  
    I would support the release of atomic weapons, but considering that we are one of 8 or 9 nations to own nuclear power, no nation is going to want to give it up, and even if we did, one nation would find a way to produce these weapons under the cover of whatever agreement was in place.
    A good debate is not judged by bias, but in the context of the debate, where objectivity is key and rationale prevalent. 

• VictoriaLiuVictoriaLiu 24 Pts   -  
    The United States should consider restrict its nuclear weapons. It is simply hypocritical when the United States urges states like North Korea and Iran to give up nuclear weapons while keeping a significant amount of nuclear weapons.

However, immediately giving up all nuclear weapons is not a safe alternative, given into consideration of the changing political landscape in the global community. Because of the increased military build-up of China and Russia, the United States should focus on more on updating existing military weapons and phase out a reduction in nuclear weapons. 
  • PoguePogue 584 Pts   -  
    @WilliamSchulz
    Are you sure? The Iran Nuclear Deal has proven to be a successful agreement. Now, Iran is destroying and not producing nuclear weapons. We even check if they do. However, there is still a chance a country would build it. 
    I could either have the future pass me or l could create it. 

“We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain .” - Benjamin Franklin  So flat Earthers, man-made climate change deniers, and just science deniers.

I friended myself!