frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Trump: "we have a very crooked media"?

Debate Information

At national harbor, md - Trump speech CPAC. Trump just said that 
"we have a very crooked media"

I find this comment really disrespectful, as bundling all media in crooked category is just ridiculous.  Just because he doesn't agree with what they are saying doesn't mean they are crooked - too easy to label.

Max_Air29
  1. Live Poll

we have a very crooked media

8 votes
    1. Yes
      87.50%
    2. No
      12.50%
It's kind of fun to do the impossible
- Walt Disney

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• someone234someone234 647 Pts   -  
    He's correct, Fox News is indeed crooked.
    PogueBaconToesDrCereal
  • America may have a crooked media, but that doesn't make anything Trump says any more truthful or insightful. They are all one and the same.
  • love2debatelove2debate 186 Pts   -  
    CNN and other liberal media companies love Trump - he is feeding them with ratings.  Trump is right about them. To these media companies they only have one goal in mind - do feed preconceived notions of their viewers who love to hate Trump
    Pogue
  • PoguePogue 584 Pts   -  
    CNN and other liberal media companies love Trump - he is feeding them with ratings.  Trump is right about them. To these media companies they only have one goal in mind - do feed preconceived notions of their viewers who love to hate Trump
    A company cannot love or hate something. The people that work in the company can though. Trump is right about what? I am sorry that reporting on what Trump does is bad!
    I could either have the future pass me or l could create it. 

“We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain .” - Benjamin Franklin  So flat Earthers, man-made climate change deniers, and just science deniers.

I friended myself! 
  • Max_Air29Max_Air29 84 Pts   -  
    Many media outlets are byast against Trump due to them being more democratic media outlets. Some of those are CNN, etc.
  • VaulkVaulk 813 Pts   -  
    Making a generalized statement like "We have a very crooked media" is as fair as saying "We have very crooked politicians".  Both statements are true enough with enough evidence that it's irrelevant how many media outlets might be completely without guilt of crooked practices just as it's irrelevant how many politicians might be clean of crooked practices. 
    "If there's no such thing as a question then what kind of questions do people ask"?

"There's going to be a special place in Hell for people who spread lies through the veil of logical fallacies disguised as rational argument".

"Oh, you don't like my sarcasm?  Well I don't much appreciate your stup!d".

• CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1823 Pts   -   edited March 2018
    Trump is correct.  Reporters these days are nothing more than PR hacks being fed stories by actual PR firms, candidates, bureaucrats, PACs, and other political entities.  Marc Ambiner of the Atlantic at the time, showed how he was willfully manipulated by Hillary Clinton;

New Emails Show Press Literally Taking Orders From Hillary