frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

The (paying) customer is always right.

Debate Information

For or Against, please share your views.
lexman
  1. Live Poll

The (paying) customer is always right.

5 votes
    1. Absolutely
      20.00%
    2. Never
      20.00%
    3. Maybe
      60.00%

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• someone234someone234 647 Pts   -  
    The customer is never right but the client is worth lying to.

Get the idea?
  • lexmanlexman 48 Pts   -  
    Great topic. I'd say that customer service is important, and customers always deserve to be treated with respect.  If customer isn't right then they deserve to be told that respectfully.  Mutual respect is what customers should expect for a longstanding relationship.
  • AlfredChanAlfredChan 35 Pts   -  
    @someone234 Thank you. Perhaps you would like to clarify the distinction you made between a "client" and "customer"?
    @lexman Thank you. I have to agree with you about the expectation of mutual respect. However, paying customers more often than not perceive themselves as the superior party. Due to the reasoning that: because I pay, you owe me the service. 
  • someone234someone234 647 Pts   -  
    @AlfredChan a customer implies an emotionally sensitive being that you need to serve kindly and be polite to.

A client is a tool that happens to be a human being that you use and squeeze for as much cash as they'll pay you.

They are both the same entity in the situation you describe but how you see them is different.

Why prove the client wrong; they will pay you as little as they can and spread a bad word about you, this is simply bad for your profit margin.
    BaconToes
    @someone234
    Thank you for the clarification.
    I believe it depends on the client/customer; whether we are talking about clients/customers who we have retained over a long duration or whom have just started using our service. 
    Clients/customers who we have retained loyally are generally less inclined to "spread bad word about you".
    They have been successfully retained usually because communication between client and vendor has been well developed. 
    And this brings me to my next point that communication also plays a large role when considering proving a client/customer wrong.

If clear, polite communication has been used to convey the error of the client/customer, disgruntlement is unlikely to happen.
    However, based on my experience, not every client/customer will approach situations in a level-headed manner.
    As such, even if the client/customer becomes disgruntled and dissatisfied, the vendor should temporarily stop pursuing the proof of error. 
    I'm sure that there are many more examples available for dealing with (if I may be so blunt) such situations.