frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Video of woman's immigration arrest sparks outcry

Debate Information

Article -
https://www.cbsnews.com/video/video-of-womans-immigration-arrest-sparks-outcry/

this 36 year old woman was taken away in front of her 3 screaming children. She is in the country illegally since she was 15 year old and accused of organizing illegal activities (but according to her lawer w/o proof).

so is it fair or unfair?
  1. Live Poll

is it fair to deport her

4 votes
    1. Fair
      75.00%
    2. Unfair
      25.00%

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• VaulkVaulk 813 Pts   -  
    Granted mistakes happen, but largely...arrest warrants aren't handed out like candy.  According to ICE, she's been wanted for quite some time.
    "If there's no such thing as a question then what kind of questions do people ask"?

"There's going to be a special place in Hell for people who spread lies through the veil of logical fallacies disguised as rational argument".

"Oh, you don't like my sarcasm?  Well I don't much appreciate your stup!d".

• someone234someone234 647 Pts   -   edited March 2018
    What idiots voted trump and can complain of this inhumanity?

They voted to keep a great politician who had insane experience and good track record (Hillary) because she's apparently 'too establishment and corrupt' and instead vote this human embodiment of all that is wrong with politics and now cry? Hahaha enjoy it, you reap what you sow.
    agsrFascismVaulk
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -   edited March 2018
    @someone234, you are turning this debate to an ad hominem on all Trump supporters and your defense of Hilary is unfounded.  
    Lets stay with original topic.  If this woman is in fact an organizer of a crime ring them it shouldn't matter that she is here for 20 years.  What we don't see in the article if there is ultimate evidence of that and if she gets a chance to defend herself prior to being deported.  
    Live Long and Prosper
  • love2debatelove2debate 186 Pts   -  
    She should have been deported 20 years ago and I struggle with why we are even arguing about it. She is here illegally so she has no right to be in the US.  
  • WhyTrumpWhyTrump 234 Pts   -  
    @love2debate, I strongly disagree.  We can't treat people like animals.  She deserves an opportunity to defend herself and be presumed as innocent until proven guilty. Unless US decide to kick out all illegal immigrants (which I don't recommend) we can't treat people like that
    Pogue
    WhyTrump - a good question
  • CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1823 Pts   -  
    WhyTrump said:
    @love2debate, I strongly disagree.  We can't treat people like animals.  She deserves an opportunity to defend herself and be presumed as innocent until proven guilty. Unless US decide to kick out all illegal immigrants (which I don't recommend) we can't treat people like that
    We aren't treating her like an animal, she's treating herself like an animal.  If she'd have come into the country legally like a human being, we wouldn't be having this discussion.
  • CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1823 Pts   -  
    LOL, she was picked up for human smuggling.  As far as we know, she was smuggling in sex slaves.

The 'scandal' of Perla Morales-Luna's arrest is fake news
    agsr
  • FascismFascism 344 Pts   -  
    There should be no exceptions. Just because an illegal immigrant has screaming children behind her, it doesn't mean she is justified. 

The argument might as well be about illegal immigration. 
  • VaulkVaulk 813 Pts   -  
    When the police arrest a kidnapper, nobody gets outraged at the fact that if the Kidnapper has a family...then they'll be torn apart.  Likewise when the police arrest someone for human trafficking...nobody should be outraged at the fact that the criminal will be torn from their family.

The simplified version of this is: Play games, win prizes.
    "If there's no such thing as a question then what kind of questions do people ask"?

"There's going to be a special place in Hell for people who spread lies through the veil of logical fallacies disguised as rational argument".

"Oh, you don't like my sarcasm?  Well I don't much appreciate your stup!d".