frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Biblical Trinity

Debate Information

Resolved: The Bible supports the Christian concept of the trinity. 

State whether you are for or against the presented resolution. 

Resolution Analysis
Commonly held evidences to support this theological position are founded in, for example, the following verses:

Colossians 2:9, which is oft translated:
"For in him the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily..."

Isaiah 9:6, which is oft translated:
"For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government will be upon his shoulder, and his name will be called 'Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.'"

Acts 5:3-4, which is oft translated:
"But Peter said, 'Anani′as, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and to keep back part of the proceeds of the land? 4 While it remained unsold, did it not remain your own? And after it was sold, was it not at your disposal? How is it that you have contrived this deed in your heart? You have not lied to men but to God.'"

To view other connections, this one provides some www.ncregister.com/blog/darmstrong/50-biblical-evidences-for-the-holy-trinity. The trinity doctrine is highly contested even among the different Abrahamic religions, but It is contested even by some Christians termed Unitarians. Unitarianism is not particularly new (and was even a position held by Isaac Newton). 
  1. Live Poll

Are you a trinitarian Christian?

12 votes
    1. Yes.
      33.33%
    2. No.
      33.33%
    3. I'm not sure.
        0.00%
    4. I'm of a different faith that rejects a notion of a trinity in the Bible.
        8.33%
    5. I'm an atheist or have no position.
      25.00%

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• someone234someone234 647 Pts   -  
    I interpret that the ghost and the original physically live Jesus are the same guy but that they are not God in human form.

I also have extreme doubt that God is masculine or a he and therefore don't believe he is the father of Jesus.

A creator physically of live beings is always female in nature, why would such a law of nature change further up the food chain?

Even female aliens are the producers and creators of live offspring.

Men are users and destroyers, females are nurturers and creators.

Sure, I'm sexist but God has to actually be a goddess, sorry to say it.
  • someone234someone234 647 Pts   -   edited March 2018
    I still refer to God as 'he' in conversations because the character most relate to with this power level is a male.
  • FredsnephewFredsnephew 361 Pts   -  
    @Alaires ;

Isn't your resolution a truism?

If the bible does not support the Christian trinity, then either the bible or the trinity is false.

Or, maybe both are false.

Evidence
  • VaulkVaulk 813 Pts   -  
    I'm pretty sure I saw a question in the poll that essentially equates to "What kind of Christian are you"?

So let me get this straight...there's such a thing as a hyphenated Christian?
    "If there's no such thing as a question then what kind of questions do people ask"?

"There's going to be a special place in Hell for people who spread lies through the veil of logical fallacies disguised as rational argument".

"Oh, you don't like my sarcasm?  Well I don't much appreciate your stup!d".

• WilliamSchulzWilliamSchulz 255 Pts   -  
    In Biblical terms, Jesus always prays to the Father, and according to someone234, God has to be a goddess. Under these circumstances, this falls short, because we have the Lord's Prayer, which begins with "Our Father". In the garden of Gethsemane, Jesus prays that the cup may pass from him. Jesus can't be praying to himself because he is God as well, so he has to be praying to a different person, namely God the Father, thus supporting a Trinitarian Doctrine.
    A good debate is not judged by bias, but in the context of the debate, where objectivity is key and rationale prevalent. 

• someone234someone234 647 Pts   -   edited March 2018
    @WilliamSchulz In any species where gender applies, the creators of living beings are always female. Even seahorses, penguins, squids etc which are extremely Matriarchal have the actual creation of the child happen in the mother's body.

In species where gender doesn't apply, the mating works by one taking the role of the male and the other the female (slugs are a classic example of such a species in animals and all plants are examples of this) and the one who produces the offspring is feminine in their role.

The only time where creating is considered masculine is when it comes to machinery and inanimate creation, men tend to do this more often than women but God is defined as not being unique in 'his' ability to create things out of nothing but in 'his' ability to create life.

Think about it for a moment, what would a universe of entirely inanimate objects be? There's be no living being(s) to appreciate the work or interact with it.

The tenth dimensional being(s) are ruled by a Goddess. Even fate itself (fate is 11 dimensional) is feminine in nature because she leads by nurturing and creating, she doesn't make use of what is there or use her talents to compete/destroy. 

The supreme being(s) are feminine in nature. It is undeniable.

What you are referring to is a sexual process, in which if God were to create living beings, he would need to be female in order to make it so. However, God functions at a divine level, and does not need to give birth or possess any feminine traits in order to bring about life. There is a difference between Earthly man and Divine God, and one does not have to function from the other, namely Divine God. God can break or twist nature because he is the founder of nature, thus when he creates life, he does it out of love so that in Genesis we can rule it with our own discretion. That does not mean God is female, he is male as referenced in the" Our Father " created by Jesus to refer to God as father, or male. . 
    A good debate is not judged by bias, but in the context of the debate, where objectivity is key and rationale prevalent. 

• FredsnephewFredsnephew 361 Pts   -  
    @anonymousdebater ;

I did not mention gender.

This is something you must take up with someone234.

Did you want me to elaborate on anything else?
    @WilliamSchulz so where is the female counterpart for god?
    @anonymousdebater the 'it' would never be worth worshipping.
  • JudaismJudaism 180 Pts   -  
    @someone234

The female part of G-d is the Shechinah, at least in Judaism.
    @Judaism elaborate please.
  • EvidenceEvidence 814 Pts   -  
    Alaires said:

Resolution Analysis
    Commonly held evidences to support this theological position are founded in, for example, the following verses:

"For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government will be upon his shoulder, and his name will be called 'Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.'"

"But Peter said, 'Anani′as, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and to keep back part of the proceeds of the land? 4 While it remained unsold, did it not remain your own? And after it was sold, was it not at your disposal? How is it that you have contrived this deed in your heart? You have not lied to men but to God.'"

To view other connections, this one provides some www.ncregister.com/blog/darmstrong/50-biblical-evidences-for-the-holy-trinity. The trinity doctrine is highly contested even among the different Abrahamic religions, but It is contested even by some Christians termed Unitarians. Unitarianism is not particularly new (and was even a position held by Isaac Newton). 
    Alaires said:

Well, at least you got that right; "Christian concept of the Trinity", but not a Biblical concept, for neither Christ, nor his disciples ever called themselves "Christian". It is a mock name started by the gentiles in Antioch, .. which around 320AD the RCC with the power of Emperor Constantine took upon themselves to further mock and blaspheme THE Church, the Spiritual Church that Christ started with his Apostles. This Church had no name, but referred to themselves as disciples, followers of "the Way".

Resolution Analysis

Colossians 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. - KJV

"Deity, and deities" are what the RCC created Christians worship, demons who reside for now in Earths supernatural realm. They go to Schools of Divinity and become mediums, witches and warlocks so they can better communicate with them;

In the Catholic created to mock Christ; Christian Religion, they deified the sun, and called it Jesus, but in their mystery, which they don't tell the millions of members is that their Jesus is clearly Lucifer.

The RCC and their thousands of 'Christian' denominations who still hold the Trinity-gods dear, mock everything about Jesus and his Spiritual-Church, starting with keeping idols of Jesus still hanging on the cross wearing a crown of thorns (instead of sitting on the right hand of God) still bleeding. To top this off, they have the mass or Eucharistic Celebration is the central liturgical ritual in the Catholic Church where the Eucharist (Communion) is consecrated. The church describes the mass as "the source and summit of the Christian life". The church teaches that through consecration by a priest the sacrificial bread and wine become the body and blood of Christ. The Catholic Church practises closed communion, with only baptised members in a state of grace ordinarily permitted to receive the Eucharist. - Wikipedia

So not only do Christians keep Jesus hung on the cross suffering, bleeding, but as you can clearly see above, they often eat his flesh, and drink his blood!

According to Christian interpretation, Jesus is his own Father!?
    If Jesus was God, why would it say: "and his name will be called Mighty God" !??? Where in the Bible does it ever show God being less than God?
    Where is the God that the Father prays to?
    Does anyone actually think they can kill God?

So now Peter is God also? Ananias and his wife lied to Peter who said: "Ananias, .. how is it that you have contrived this deed in your heart? You have not lied to men but to God.'"

Christians have a choice, either remain in that RCC created mock-Christian Religion, or "Come out of Her", and follow "the Way" the Truth and the Life!? Keep the Bible, leave the idols and Trinity-gods, and start reading it outside of Christian Indoctrination.

@WilliamSchulz so where is the female counterpart for god?
    There is none, as mentioned, God created natural law and he can break this to do his own bidding. Therefore, he can create life without the presence of a female. However, natural law dictates that a female and a male must reproduce in oder to create new life. Therefore, if God can create life without a female, he must be able to act outside of natural law, which is exactly what he can do as God if he is natural law's creator. 
    Evidence

@Evidence

We are not eating Christ's body and drinking his blood. The Eucharistic celebration is transubstantiation, which means we are using bread and wine not as a symbolic mention of the body and blood, but as the actual body in blood. This is shown through faith and Jesus at the Last Supper where he makes mention oft his. As Catholics, we believe that Jesus takes form in the bread and wine, thus turning it into his body and blood, and you can look up this in the Catechism if you want more information. 

@Evidence

We are not eating Christ's body and drinking his blood. The Eucharistic celebration is transubstantiation, which means we are using bread and wine not as a symbolic mention of the body and blood, but as the actual body in blood. This is shown through faith and Jesus at the Last Supper where he makes mention oft his. As Catholics, we believe that Jesus takes form in the bread and wine, thus turning it into his body and blood, and you can look up this in the Catechism if you want more information. 

@WilliamSchulz said: We are not eating Christ's body and drinking his blood.

Then you say: As Catholics, we believe that Jesus takes form in the bread and wine, thus turning it into his body and blood

Yes, we know all about the symbolism of the Catholic "Christian" Church, all the same in Illuminati

Transubstantiation:
    (especially in the Roman Catholic Church) the conversion of the substance of the Eucharistic elements into the body and blood of Christ at consecration, only the appearances of bread and wine still remaining.

In other words; Catholics actually eat the body of Christ, and drink his blood, it just looks like bread and wine. That is cannibalism just as in any other Satanic rituals:

what is the difference between these?

Or this?

"Cristian" showing who they really worship!
    @Evidence

When I said my aforementioned quote, it is important to realize that while we are eating Christ's body and blood, it is not cannibalism. I will share with you three key factors that point to this. 

1. The Eucharist is life:

Normal cannibals will eat something that is already dead, say the hearts of people or the brain of an elephant, but the Eucharist is not this way. Jesus is an eternal being and he is most certainly not dead, so eating his body and blood is eating eternal life, essentially, which can not be defined as cannibalism. 

2. The Eucharist is Glorified:

Here is a quote from thetatholicthing.org. 

The Eucharist is the glorified body of Jesus Christ. Concomitance is possible because Christ’s living and eternal body is forever reunited with His blood; hence, receiving the former entails receiving the latter. Christ’s risen body is not a resuscitated corpse like that of Lazarus, but an utterly transformed “spiritual body” (I Cor. 15:44) far different from the spatio-temporal “body of our lowness.” (Phil. 3:21) Therefore, when a Catholic receives the Eucharist, he is receiving not just flesh but glorified flesh, a resurrected and transfigured “super body” that foreshadows the new reality of a new Heaven and a new earth. Cannibalistic practices don’t do that. 

3. Jesus is fully present:

Now that I have proved that Jesus is fully alive in the Eucharist, I must also show that Jesus is fully present. Cannibalism will pick and choose certain parts of the body, but Jesus is fully present in the Eucharist and the smallest portion still contains all of his presence as a perfect divine being. In this way, we are not being violent towards the Eucharist like cannibals do, this is a nonviolent sacrifice that still contains all of Jesus's form inside.

As to worshiping Satan, I would not try to assume the layout of churches as worshiping Satan. Either you've never been to Italy or you are trying to show a conspiracy that has no Evidence except for what people say or assume it to be. (Yes that was a pun)

@Evidence

When I said my aforementioned quote, it is important to realize that while we are eating Christ's body and blood, it is not cannibalism. I will share with you three key factors that point to this. 

1. The Eucharist is life:

Normal cannibals will eat something that is already dead, say the hearts of people or the brain of an elephant, but the Eucharist is not this way. Jesus is an eternal being and he is most certainly not dead, so eating his body and blood is eating eternal life, essentially, which can not be defined as cannibalism. 

2. The Eucharist is Glorified:

Here is a quote from thetatholicthing.org. 

The Eucharist is the glorified body of Jesus Christ. Concomitance is possible because Christ’s living and eternal body is forever reunited with His blood; hence, receiving the former entails receiving the latter. Christ’s risen body is not a resuscitated corpse like that of Lazarus, but an utterly transformed “spiritual body” (I Cor. 15:44) far different from the spatio-temporal “body of our lowness.” (Phil. 3:21) Therefore, when a Catholic receives the Eucharist, he is receiving not just flesh but glorified flesh, a resurrected and transfigured “super body” that foreshadows the new reality of a new Heaven and a new earth. Cannibalistic practices don’t do that. 

3. Jesus is fully present:

Now that I have proved that Jesus is fully alive in the Eucharist, I must also show that Jesus is fully present. Cannibalism will pick and choose certain parts of the body, but Jesus is fully present in the Eucharist and the smallest portion still contains all of his presence as a perfect divine being. In this way, we are not being violent towards the Eucharist like cannibals do, this is a nonviolent sacrifice that still contains all of Jesus's form inside.

As to worshiping Satan, I would not try to assume the layout of churches as worshiping Satan. Either you've never been to Italy or you are trying to show a conspiracy that has no Evidence except for what people say or assume it to be. (Yes that was a pun)

@Fredsnephew - Therefore, when a Catholic receives the Eucharist, he is receiving not just flesh but glorified flesh, a resurrected and transfigured “super body” that foreshadows the new reality of a new Heaven and a new earth.

Mathew 26:26 And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, blessed and broke it, and gave it to the disciples and said, “Take, eat; this is My body.”

27 Then He took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, “Drink from it, all of you. 28 For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins. 29 But I say to you, I will not drink of this fruit of the vine from now on until that day when I drink it new with you in My Father’s kingdom.”

As you can see that Jesus did this "before" he was crucified, NOT after his resurrected body when he reappeared to so many. So by this Eucharist you are literally eating a live, pre-resurrected man Jesus!

It was not his blood that literally washed our sins, but the sheading of his blood as a sacrifice that God has accepted for the remissions of our sins.

1 Corinthians 15:48 As was the man of dust, so also are those who are made of dust; and as is the heavenly Man, so also are those who are heavenly. 49 And as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly Man.

Look what it says above, it does not say:: And as we have eaten the flesh of the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly Man. It is giving our life in this body to Christ that saves us, not the Eucharist.

I did not show you some conspiracy, but actual footage of what the Leaders of the Christian Church say, practice, and where they practice it. People can make up their own mind whether this is Biblical, .. or NOT!?

And no, I haven't been to Italy, but grew up next to Italy, .. in Croatia, very Catholic. So I know how Catholics think, what they believe and how un-Biblical it all is. All of my family, friends and relatives are Christian, about half are the Original Catholic Christians.