frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

I actually think I understand Flat Earth Theory. Understanding isn't concluding.

Debate Information

Imagine if our reality is not a 'universe' but that this "Earth" itself is the undeniable floor of the reality and that reality actually is fundamentally ice.

Gravity is just a given. What's deep deep down below could easily be what we say is 'empty space above' and is not worth digging into.

Just imagine, just for one second, that the North Pole is the centre of our world and for whatever reason there's a section of the ice-scape that has been carved out here... perhaps to experiment something socially, who knows.

Now imagine that Antarctica is the outer edge of this world and that really Antarctica extends to the rest of reality in a 360 degree rotation of endless possible directions. The North Pole is different magnetically to the south pole as this power is unique to ice and in the end we are doomed to be frozen over (this part is even true in round earth theory).

The original humans, among them a few, realised that the secret to immortality lied in the consumption of the North Pole's water/ice. They also realised that they can only maintain power over the rest if they designed a world model that would make everyone feel there'd be absolutely no point in moving to the center of either pole (I think they found a couple of other 'worlds' on their adventures in what they call the Dinosaur times where there was much less ice and more chaos).

So, there came another issue... Humans were starting to melt the ice caps... This is EXTREMELY BAD for their ability to keep us as farm animals. They are essentially what folklore calls vampires. Vampires are real. The North pole ice/water grants them super strength, speed, intelligence and a lust to abuse us lesser beings over and over again. The more you drink, the paler you get (Obama extremely pale for a black guy, white people run the world etc). So... why not ingeniously combine the invented globe Earth model with the notion of global warming and blame a REAL WAY TO BREAK FREE OF THIS FARM (the greenhouse effect which would melt the fences of our life as cattle slowly) and then to come up with some mumbo jumbo about why the world warming is a bad thing.

The truth of the matter is, even if there are aliens (AKA Werewolves/Hybrids/Shapeshifters/Psychic Telekinetic controlling Telepaths... Idk) that are even superior to the 'superior humans (AKA Vampires)' there seems to be some link between us breaking out of the ice via the 'south way', or rather reaching the centre of the 'north way' and becoming strong as them and us being a threat to them in some shape or form.

Essentially, the flat earth theory is that the ice is the key to reality and the entire globe earth model and everything that is going along with it is a way of keeping us tame.
aarongErfisflatggrekt123BaconToesEmeryPearson

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• ErfisflatErfisflat 1675 Pts   -  
    Imagine if our reality is not a 'universe' but that this "Earth" itself is the undeniable floor of the reality and that reality actually is fundamentally ice.

Gravity is just a given. What's deep deep down below could easily be what we say is 'empty space above' and is not worth digging into.

Just imagine, just for one second, that the North Pole is the centre of our world and for whatever reason there's a section of the ice-scape that has been carved out here... perhaps to experiment something socially, who knows.

Now imagine that Antarctica is the outer edge of this world and that really Antarctica extends to the rest of reality in a 360 degree rotation of endless possible directions. The North Pole is different magnetically to the south pole as this power is unique to ice and in the end we are doomed to be frozen over (this part is even true in round earth theory).

The original humans, among them a few, realised that the secret to immortality lied in the consumption of the North Pole's water/ice. They also realised that they can only maintain power over the rest if they designed a world model that would make everyone feel there'd be absolutely no point in moving to the center of either pole (I think they found a couple of other 'worlds' on their adventures in what they call the Dinosaur times where there was much less ice and more chaos).

So, there came another issue... Humans were starting to melt the ice caps... This is EXTREMELY BAD for their ability to keep us as farm animals. They are essentially what folklore calls vampires. Vampires are real. The North pole ice/water grants them super strength, speed, intelligence and a lust to abuse us lesser beings over and over again. The more you drink, the paler you get (Obama extremely pale for a black guy, white people run the world etc). So... why not ingeniously combine the invented globe Earth model with the notion of global warming and blame a REAL WAY TO BREAK FREE OF THIS FARM (the greenhouse effect which would melt the fences of our life as cattle slowly) and then to come up with some mumbo jumbo about why the world warming is a bad thing.

The truth of the matter is, even if there are aliens (AKA Werewolves/Hybrids/Shapeshifters/Psychic Telekinetic controlling Telepaths... Idk) that are even superior to the 'superior humans (AKA Vampires)' there seems to be some link between us breaking out of the ice via the 'south way', or rather reaching the centre of the 'north way' and becoming strong as them and us being a threat to them in some shape or form.

Essentially, the flat earth theory is that the ice is the key to reality and the entire globe earth model and everything that is going along with it is a way of keeping us tame.
    Well, it's a start. Everyone has theories about the model, the important bit is to start with the demonstrably true axiom: the earth is flat.
    someone234EmeryPearson
    Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.

Wayne Dyer
  • someone234someone234 647 Pts   -  
    @Erfisflat I genuinely thank you for opening my mind. At first you did it by making me fight back but then I began to see that everything about Round Earth theory is relying on 'laws' or 'images' or 'videos' that they hold absolute but ALL OF WHICH are so easy to fake and bully anyone into submission for questioning.
    ErfisflatEmeryPearson
    I still am extremely sure most NASA staff are innocent and tricked.
    ErfisflatEmeryPearsonEvidence
    The aliens may well be above us in the sky, this part I still hold onto. The 'space above the sky' can indeed be extremely complex and full of incredible things but I do think we are on a flat plane in a physical sense and it is not spherical at all but at best slightly 'up and downy'.
    ErfisflatEmeryPearson
  • ggrekt123ggrekt123 8 Pts   -  
    @Erfisflat why is can't we reach this ice wall? we have the technology to do so? there's no edge of the earth? people have literally went into space and seen that all this stuff you are claiming to be real isn't
    EmeryPearson
    ggrekt123 said:
    @Erfisflat why is can't we reach this ice wall? we have the technology to do so? there's no edge of the earth? people have literally went into space and seen that all this stuff you are claiming to be real isn't
    People have been to the "ice wall", it's just Antarctica, but not a continent. @someone234 is planning a trip to maybe both poles to see for himself. This "continent" is protected under international treaty, and free explorers are NOT WELCOME, so hopefully he won't meet an end there. I'm not entirely sure if there is an "edge" per se, and you can't say they "literally went to space" unless you know, like maybe you rode along? Challenge For the next astronaut, because I've not seen this. strap on a gopro and film the whole thing, from ground to the point where the entire spherical earth can be seen. This could be elaborately faked, but less likely than Photoshop images of the earth from afar, as in what we have now.
    EmeryPearsonEvidence
    Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.

Wayne Dyer
    @Erfisflat i mean, pay-to-go-to-space will soon be a thing, and why would "hiding flat earth" be a thing astronauts needed to do? is there any benefit from faking space videos? i'm curious to what you think the live feed of the car in space is. and nothing is physically stopping you filming and surpassing this "ice wall"? i understand you're not claiming to actually believe the flat earth theory, but you "understand" it. have you not considered the factual evidence of the opposing side? what makes you understand something that is only believed by like, i don't know the actual number but a very small % of population
    "@Erfisflat i mean, pay-to-go-to-space will soon be a thing,"

Yes, it has been for decades... Maybe we're being trolled? 

"and why would "hiding flat earth" be a thing astronauts needed to do? is there any benefit from faking space videos? "

A pretty good paycheck?

"i'm curious to what you think the live feed of the car in space is."

Even mainstream media is hinting it...
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-5368573/How-Elon-Musk-pulled-incredible-Starman-livestream.html

" and nothing is physically stopping you filming and surpassing this "ice wall"?"

I could name at least a dozen "nothings" preventing this...

" i understand you're not claiming to actually believe the flat earth theory, but you "understand" it."

Maybe you have me confused.

have you not considered the factual evidence of the opposing side? "

Yes, for about 3 years now it only strengthens my belief system.

"what makes you understand something that is only believed by like, i don't know the actual number but a very small % of population"

about 10% and growing...

https://flateartheducation.wordpress.com/2018/01/10/how-many-flat-earthers-are-there-part-ii-also-predictions-for-2018/
    EmeryPearsonEvidence

Wayne Dyer
    @Erfisflat
    probably shouldn't, like, go off of a "maybe we're being trolled"

they wouldn't get a bigger paycheck from faking a round earth? if anything this kind of information would blow them up..

elon musk is dedicated to advancing civilization, correct me if i'm wrong but wasn't the launch filmed? why would he fake this either

then, like, do it, list me a dozen reasons why

what do i not understand about "i think i understand flat earth theory but understanding is not concluding"

so everything you've seen for the past 3 years has been fake, and has led you to become just, like, smarter?

and 10% of 7billion+ isn't really.. notable. it's still a major minority, yet you choose to believe in it because it's growing slightly?

ggrekt123 said:
    @Erfisflat
    probably shouldn't, like, go off of a "maybe we're being trolled"

they wouldn't get a bigger paycheck from faking a round earth? if anything this kind of information would blow them up..

elon musk is dedicated to advancing civilization, correct me if i'm wrong but wasn't the launch filmed? why would he fake this either

then, like, do it, list me a dozen reasons why

what do i not understand about "i think i understand flat earth theory but understanding is not concluding"

so everything you've seen for the past 3 years has been fake, and has led you to become just, like, smarter?

and 10% of 7billion+ isn't really.. notable. it's still a major minority, yet you choose to believe in it because it's growing slightly?

I really tried to decipher all of this, maybe it's the format or wording, or both...

I know the earth is flat because the scientific method tells me so.
    EmeryPearsonEvidence

Wayne Dyer
    @Erfisflat
    you really tried to decipher it but what
    it's just responding to everything you say the same way you did without actually quoting you lol
    what scientific method
    ggrekt123 said:
    @Erfisflat
    it's just responding to everything you say the same way you did without actually quoting you lol
    what scientific method
    The one that is defined in my sig. Would you like me to point out the various incomplete sentences and incoherent statements from your last post?
    EmeryPearsonEvidence

Wayne Dyer
  • someone234someone234 647 Pts   -   edited March 2018
    @ggrekt12@Erfisflat is an extremely passionate person about this and it leads to him sometimes trying to say many things at once that then confuses the reader. It's a flaw but it's made up for by his many great qualities like courage and intelligence.

the wall you speak of. the edge, is certainly the less confusing part (no really it is, the north pole's secret is the ultimate thing to find out, escaping the earth and ripping a hole in the hunger-games style fabric will only anger the gods/aliens/demons and not be how we outplay and negotiate with them).

The edge of the earth is invisible. why? The sky isn't the real sky. What you see above you and beyond land-based things is a screen like a cinema screen but of a somewhat curved sense. It can fake being more curved than it really is and even fake being the edge of land at time (at the sides that curve down). It is so advanced it can alter what you see relative even the the guy standing next to you (this is not what Erfisflat says, this is me, I am more hardcore about this now).

The beings that made this puzzle are not inherently evil. They probably are quite unemotional overall and very objective and fair in judgement. The Greek or Norse kind of philosophy with many god-beings hidden in the north pole where we'll never get tot hem is much closer to the reality (or maybe just outside the 'screen' that you call the sky'). There is a recurring theme in all religions, even Buddhism that has no god. The creator and supreme force(s) in reality are all 'above' 'up' they are 'in a place you only get to go when you show them respect and perseverance'. The evil beings are always 'down, under, where you never want to go or end up'. It's easy to assume this is up past the sky or down in the 'hot core' of the Earth but no. it is what happens if you are able to scratch the edge of the dome. The actual edge will appear as an endless thing. It's possible it even has capacity to stretch as you walk into it and possible it even ENDLESSLY stretches until the gods approve you to see what's beyond. On the other hand, the north pole is the 'inner circle' where the 'eye' (by the way, depending on your country and time of night when it's a full moon it may appear upside down or to the right or left but the eye of Horus, as in the Illuminati's all-seeing eye is literally what the grey on the moon is, seriously look at it on a clear full-moon night and swivel your head. Photos on medium quality cameras like smartphones can't show the shining of the eye's white well, the actual eye symbol only shows by purely seeing hte real shine.

The edge isn't something you even want to find. The key to heaven, paradise or a better parallel universe is in the north pole's core.
    ErfisflatEmeryPearsonEvidence
    Just so you know. The tilting of the Earth should make the northern parts of Earth hotter than the southern parts (most of the year) and antarctica IS FAR COLDER THAN Arctic, even the evil scientists agree to this. yet the southern nations are all hotter than the northern ones by and large, most of the year. Why is that? they are towards hell, the 'wrong pole' the 'fiery pit.

The ocean under the Arctic ice is cold, but still warmer than the ice! So the ocean warms the air a bit.
    https://climatekids.nasa.gov/polar-temperatures/

The water in the North pole is warmer than the ice... What happens if we risk our lives looking down further? What if the world's 'god' and the 'ultimate heaven' is a palace underwater....
    EmeryPearson
  • ErfisflatErfisflat 1675 Pts   -   edited March 2018
    Just so you know. The tilting of the Earth should make the northern parts of Earth hotter than the southern parts (most of the year) and antarctica IS FAR COLDER THAN Arctic, even the evil scientists agree to this. yet the southern nations are all hotter than the northern ones by and large, most of the year. Why is that? they are towards hell, the 'wrong pole' the 'fiery pit.

The ocean under the Arctic ice is cold, but still warmer than the ice! So the ocean warms the air a bit.
    https://climatekids.nasa.gov/polar-temperatures/

The water in the North pole is warmer than the ice... What happens if we risk our lives looking down further? What if the world's 'god' and the 'ultimate heaven' is a palace underwater....
    @Evidence
     This guy is the new guy, maybe you, now that he has newfound doubt about the shape of the earth, can understand?
    EmeryPearsonEvidence

Wayne Dyer
  • FredsnephewFredsnephew 361 Pts   -  
    @ggrekt123 ;

Don't get drawn in.

No one actually believes the Earth is flat.

It's all, one big point scoring exercise.
    EmeryPearson
    @ggrekt123 ;

Don't get drawn in.

I really could care less about points. I care about the shape of the earth. 
    EmeryPearson

Wayne Dyer
    ggrekt123 said:
    @Erfisflat
    what scientific method
    The scientific man does not aim for an immediate result. He does not expect that his advanced ideas will be taken up readily. His work is like that of a planter-for the future. His duty is to lay the foundation for those who are to come, and point the way.
    Nikolas Tesla

Record holder for longest distance photographed:

https://beyondhorizons.eu/2016/08/03/pic-de-finestrelles-pic-gaspard-ecrins-443-km/

Pic Gaspard is photographed some 276 miles away from Pic de Finestrelles. Using the earth curve calculator with an observer height of 9,272 feet, which is the highest point on Finestrelles, an object 12,730 feet high and 276 miles away should be 3,270 feet below the horizon, impossibly out of view on the ball earth theory. This is over 1/2 mile of missing curvature.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pic_de_Finestrelles

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pic_Gaspard

http://tjpeiffer.com/crowflies.html

https://dizzib.github.io/earth/curve-calc/?d0=273&h0=9272&unit=imperial

Wayne Dyer
    I am surprised noone brought up that originally it was flat earthers who bullied and burnt alive round earthers.

This is true and I am quite sure the group coming up with the round earth theory we're not original humans but genuinely curious scientists/philosophers.

The issue is that the group of real beings on control (inhabiting the north pole) started to see a benefit in their theory. Even when everyone believed the Earth was flat, noone  had the tech or guts to bother with the icy terrain if the poles to get to the middle. As tech improved, mysteriously immediately the poles became places where the true center began to require special scientific research permissions to ever film or get to.

For some irony, you need to think how the term planet came about. What is a plane? It's a flat, levelled part of reality.
    Erfisflat
    @someone234 ;

The word plane originates from Latin and means a flat surface.

Whereas planet originates from the Greek language and means a wanderer.
    EmeryPearson
  • ErfisflatErfisflat 1675 Pts   -   edited March 2018
    @ggrekt123 ;

Don't get drawn in.

over 300 million people know the earth is flat. The veil is being lifted, pull your heads out of your arses.
    https://flateartheducation.wordpress.com/2018/01/10/how-many-flat-earthers-are-there-part-ii-also-predictions-for-2018/
    Evidence

Wayne Dyer
    @Fredsnephew Greek mythology is also about a power group of Gods treating the rest of us as toys.
    @Fredsnephew Greek mythology is also about a power group of Gods treating the rest of us as toys.

But what has this got to do with anything?

Greek mythology is an archaic pseudo-theory, based on ignorance.

Previously, I was just pointing out your incorrect assertion that the words planet and plane shared the same root meaning.

As for the flat Earth.

Let me put the same question to you as I've unsuccessfully put to Erfisflat in the past.

What would be the purpose of the deception?
    @Fredsnephew the edge of the "south pole", if scratched enough, is the key to either break reality entirely on our plane or at the very least, get a glimpse of the real reality.

The center of the north pole (that is real so I don't quote it) is where the way to win the game is found. Perhaps we go to the next level, perhaps we die anyway but have our names at the top of some leaderboard (us the player, not us the game character) or perhaps we become ultra powerful and end up doomed to join the illuminati and deceive the rest.  

The key part of why it matters is that unlike other flat earthers or your average conspiracy theorist, I believe that there is actually a physical destination to win... To upgrade... To make it all matter (your life). If you don't make it to the "holy Mecca" (the real Mecca is center of north pole) then you don't make it to paradise.
    I shall be finding other believers and making a group protest to the center being off limits to non science researchers. If this is not the case and the journey reveals nothing, I believe it may be like Atlantis and will encourage underwater investigation at the north pole.
    For now I am going to earn money for the journey and the expenses involved with helping other members travel to me or vice versa.

If the illuminati want noone to win, I'll be killed trying. If they actually just made the game hard to win, I won't be killed trying. Time will tell if this is simply a game where it's hard to win or a game you aren't allowed to. 
    Erfisflat
    Erfisflat said:
    ggrekt123 said:
    @Erfisflat
    what scientific method
    The scientific man does not aim for an immediate result. He does not expect that his advanced ideas will be taken up readily. His work is like that of a planter-for the future. His duty is to lay the foundation for those who are to come, and point the way.
    Nikolas Tesla

Record holder for longest distance photographed:

https://beyondhorizons.eu/2016/08/03/pic-de-finestrelles-pic-gaspard-ecrins-443-km/

Pic Gaspard is photographed some 276 miles away from Pic de Finestrelles. Using the earth curve calculator with an observer height of 9,272 feet, which is the highest point on Finestrelles, an object 12,730 feet high and 276 miles away should be 3,270 feet below the horizon, impossibly out of view on the ball earth theory. This is over 1/2 mile of missing curvature.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pic_de_Finestrelles

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pic_Gaspard

http://tjpeiffer.com/crowflies.html

https://dizzib.github.io/earth/curve-calc/?d0=273&h0=9272&unit=imperial

Wayne Dyer
    @Erfisflat The issue with those photos is they say that what you or I believe is simply distortion due to the 'sky-screen' but they say can't be ends up that there is an 'edge' and they say there shouldn't be an edge or any thing up unto Antarctica. This is somewhat accurate to be confused about but as I said I think the 'sky' is intentionally making this illusion. I am not sure why.
  • EmeryPearsonEmeryPearson 151 Pts   -  
    Eek. Don't be persuaded by pseudoscience. Flat Earthers are just like any other conspiracy theorist. It's about emotional reward.

I can entertain the idea of Creationism, but it doesn't mean I have to find any of it truthful.
    @EmeryPearson I would be happy to debate you on it.
    @someone234

Definitely, science over all else is my favorite topic. 
    @EmeryPearson Then you should be shocked to find out that the highest authorities in science are all corrupt and that the only way to verify their science is with them... Yes.

You can only verify space science by appealing to the corrupt organisations to verify their own data. 

Oh dear.
    I shall be finding other believers and making a group protest to the center being off limits to non science researchers. If this is not the case and the journey reveals nothing, I believe it may be like Atlantis and will encourage underwater investigation at the north pole.
    If you go to the south, let me know. If you make it back I'd love to tag along on the next trip. 

Wayne Dyer
    @someone234

"Then you should be shocked to find out that the highest authorities in science are all corrupt and that the only way to verify their science is with them... Yes."

Er, I thought we were debating flat earth, not global conspiracies. Are you proposing that the Earth is Flat, or that there is a Global Conspiracy to present the earth as a globe? These are two different claims.

"You can only verify space science by appealing to the corrupt organisations to verify their own data. "

There is no central authority on science. 
    @someone234

"Then you should be shocked to find out that the highest authorities in science are all corrupt and that the only way to verify their science is with them... Yes."

Er, I thought we were debating flat earth, not global conspiracies. Are you proposing that the Earth is Flat, or that there is a Global Conspiracy to present the earth as a globe? These are two different claims.

"You can only verify space science by appealing to the corrupt organisations to verify their own data. "

There is no central authority on science. 
    Why do you think you live on a spinning ball?

Wayne Dyer
    @EmeryPearson It's an inter-plantery (plane not planet) group that run across all nine planes (mercury to pluto)
  • EmeryPearsonEmeryPearson 151 Pts   -   edited March 2018
    @someone234

"It's an inter-plantery (plane not planet) group that run across all nine planes (mercury to pluto)"

This is not true. Pluto has an irregular orbit. It's also not a planet.

https://airandspace.si.edu/exhibitions/exploring-the-planets/online/solar-system/pluto/orbit.cfm
  • PoguePogue 584 Pts   -  
    @EmeryPearson It's an inter-plantery (plane not planet) group that run across all nine planes (mercury to pluto)
    Pluto's not a planet. 
    This always gets ignored by you guys.

Here do this test at home but make sure you have a clear view.

Best o, experiment 3. Watch the sunset lying down

As detailed by the folks at MinutePhysics, the horizon is one of the easiest ways to validate the Earth’s curvature. As the sun dips behind the horizon, it slips from your view in a bottom-up direction. If you watch the sunset while lying on your back, and then hop up as the last rays disappear, then you should be able to see the sunset again.

The same pattern applies to ships as they sail away — their hulls disappear from the bottom up. As MinutePhysics points out, if the Earth didn’t curve and the horizon didn’t exist, when you looked at Chicago from across Lake Michigan, you’d be able to see the Rocky Mountains.

These prove Earth's curvature:

1. Look at eclipses

Lunar Eclipse GIFs - Find  Share on GIPHY

Every once in a while, the Earth passes between the Moon and the Sun, creating a phenomenon known as the Lunar Eclipse.

The Earth casts a shadow on the Moon as it passes through so if you look closely enough (a decent telescope should do it), you might be able to see a shaded arc. It’s always an arc and never a square or a rectangle.

2. Send a camera into space

Animated GIFs - Find  Share on GIPHY

Companies like Sent Into Space have special balloon kits that allow you to send whatever you like into space and back. Look at this, a guy sent a camera to space and the Earth is round:  https://www.geek.com/geek-cetera/homemade-spacecraft-reaches-100000-ft-films-the-whole-way-1287792/.

3. Watch the sun go over the horizon while lying down, then quickly stand up

If you watch the sunset lying down, you’ll find it disappears in the horizon. But if you stand up, you should still be able to see the sun as it sets on the distant horizon.

And if you happen to be at the ocean looking at ships, they will appear to emerge from the ocean – in a bottom-up direction. This is possible only because the ocean follows the curvature of the Earth and gradually drops from our line of sight.

If the earth was flat the water would stay at the same level.

4. The stars

If you go to a different part of the world, you’ll notice the constellations there are completely different.

A phenomenon first observed by Aristotle many, many years ago when he was returning from Egypt, the premise is the further you go away from the equator the further known constellations go towards the horizon.

This phenomenon can only be explained by a round surface.

Aristotle also concluded the Earth wasn’t very large because a small change in the distance makes a huge difference in terms of what we see in the night sky.

In the flat Earth model, you could not see the same constellations and stars in S.A. and Africa (or S.A. and Australia or Africa and Australia) (the two will both be night) because you would only be able to see the front. Also, the stars that are only able to see in the Northern Hemisphere would be visible in the South.

Globe:

Flat:

5. Time zones

Time Zones GIFs - Find  Share on GIPHY

Our planet is divided into 24 time zones, this is taking into account the position of the Sun and the Earth's rotation. The Sun isn’t visible to everyone at the same time.

But that wouldn’t be the case if the Earth was flat. If the Sun shone directionally on a flat Earth, we would be able to see at all times.

So basically, the only way these timezones can happen is if the world is spherical.

time zones

We have time zones because when the Sun is illuminating one side of the spherical Earth, the other side is dark.

This can only be explained if the world is round, and rotating around its own axis. At a certain point when the sun is shining on one part of the Earth, the opposite side is dark, and vice versa. That allows for time differences and time zones, specifically ones that are larger than 12 hours.

Another point concerning time zones, the sun, and Earth: If the sun was a “spotlight” (very directionally located so that light only shines on a specific location) and the world was flat, we would see the sun even if it didn’t shine on top of us (as you can see in the drawing below). Similarly, you can see the light coming out of a spotlight on a stage in the theater, even though you—the crowd—are sitting in the dark. The only way to create two distinctly separate time zones, where there is complete darkness in one while there’s light in the other as if the world is spherical.

debunking the sun as spotlight theory

Before I get into it, I want to say two things, on the top of the Burj Kalfa the sun sets 2 minutes later than the bottom. Also, if you do not have a model, you can not know if the flat Earth explains what happens.

I guess I will start and since you guys did not debunk these yet I will repost them.

There are so many more ways you can prove to yourself the Earth is round. You can see more things the higher up you are. Long suspension bridges’ towers slope slightly away from one another to account for the curvature of the Earth. Every other planet is a spinning sphere. Satellites exist (as proven by the existence of your iPhone), and obey rules that only work if they’re orbiting around Earth. We’ve taken many, many pictures of Earth. Buy a weather balloon and strap a camera to it.

Satellites have to exist for the internet to work. The TV would not be here without relativity which involves gravity. The ISS exists because you can clearly see it if it goes above your location. You can easily watch the youtube live stream from the ISS.

Hurricanes, cyclones, and typhoons are all the same thing: Spinning masses of air sucking moisture from the ocean, dumping it back on us and destroying things in their path. A hurricane is just a giant wind drain—a low-pressure center with winds flushing into it. The wind always blows counter-clockwise inwards in Northern Hemisphere hurricanes—check out this picture of Hurricane Katrina and the United States. Notice the direction the wind is traveling with a compass, depending on where the Hurricane is.

However, in the Southern Hemisphere, the wind travels the opposite direction. Here’s a picture of Hurricane Catarina, a very rare Southern Hemisphere Atlantic Hurricane:

Notice that Catarina is very clearly spinning in the opposite direction. That’s because of the Coriolis effect—the wind changes direction as the planet spins. If the Earth wasn’t spinning, the wind should blow straight into the middle of the hurricane from all directions. But the Earth spins faster at the equator than at the poles, because our planet’s midsection has the furthest distance to travel with each rotation. Winds traveling northwards or southwards curve as they travel from slower spinning to faster spinning regions of the planet. The wind carves the opposite direction based on whether you are above or below the equator since the Earth’s rotation gets slower on alternate sides.

You can recreate this by spinning a basketball on your finger, and moving a marker from the bottom up or the top down—notice what the line looks like above and below the middle of the ball.

Okay, let’s try to explain all that with a flat Earth. If Earth was a giant spinning plate with the North Pole at its center, all hurricanes should spin in the same direction and should have a much more spiral shape the further south (i.e., away from the center) you head. You could maybe slow down the spins further from the center of the spinning plate, but then you should see the continents ripping apart from the different speeds. It just doesn’t make any sense.

Look at this, a guy sent a camera to space and the Earth is round:  https://www.geek.com/geek-cetera/homemade-spacecraft-reaches-100000-ft-films-the-whole-way-1287792/.

The video proves why the Coriolis effect is real and is dictated by hemisphere. The important parts are from 1:44-5:35. It has a controlled experiment. In the end, it explains why there is a difference between hemispheres. It works because it does. To understand this, think of a pool at the geographic poles. It is stationary relative to Earth, but every sidereal day, it is actually completing one full rotation. The part further away from the pole and closer to the equator move faster because it has to complete a larger movement in the same amount of time (that is why rockets are launched closer to the equator. When the plug is pulled (part of the experiment) everything is moving toward the drain in the middle. The far side is faster so it gets ahead while the slower part is too slow so it lags behind.

Edit: The video was a picture by accident because I copied and pasted my arguments. Here is the video:

What about these then,

The critical point here is disappearing OVER the horizon, not disappearing simply because they are small boats that are too small to see. Also, what about the majority of observations? This video claims it is not visible, but

Shows curve because you can the wake of the boat.

Also, look at this,

EmeryPearsonEvidenceAmpersand
    I could either have the future pass me or l could create it. 

“We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain .” - Benjamin Franklin  So flat Earthers, man-made climate change deniers, and just science deniers.

I friended myself! 
    @EmeryPearson That's because some angels began to rebel against God and temporarily as punishment they are frozen over so evil is allowed to reign supreme.

Don't worry Pluto's punishment is not eternal and God is ultimately forgiving.
    @Pogue We have never ever seen a planet we have seen something projected on the sky and never come close to 'visiting' it.
    @someone234

That still leaves Earth as a Globe.
    @EmeryPearson Planes, not planets.
    @someone234

That still doesn't make that statement correct, Pluto doesn't share the same orbital plane, planet or not.
  • PoguePogue 584 Pts   -   edited March 2018
    @Pogue We have never ever seen a planet we have seen something projected on the sky and never come close to 'visiting' it.
    You can't project something onto anything without the following. You need a solid object behind it. Do you have evidence it is projected?

What is this supposed to mean to me? The video does not show how it moves across the Tropic of Cancer and the Tropic of Capricorn. It does not explain why we can't see the sun at all times. It does not explain why/how a flat Earth map makes Antartica have daylight for days on end. 

“We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain .” - Benjamin Franklin  So flat Earthers, man-made climate change deniers, and just science deniers.

I friended myself! 
    @EmeryPearson Pluto is pluto, it is the plane just before God. Do you expect it to be the most stable? Of course not, it is the most complex.
    @someone234

That still leaves your previous statement false.
    @Pogue hahaha, what do you think this is? Let me show you what this is:

You think you 'see' the others out of your sky? NO SORRY THAT IS JUST A PROJECTION!

This was the real world back in the day:

• PoguePogue 584 Pts   -  
    @EmeryPearson Pluto is pluto, it is the plane just before God. Do you expect it to be the most stable? Of course not, it is the most complex.
    The God you believe in has no evidence. Also, your beliefs do not align with the flat Earth map or reality at all. From what I understand from what you are saying is is that there are 9 flat planets/planes (even though Pluto is not a planet). I also take away that the other planets are in line with Earth. Since, according to you, the sun is orbiting above Earth, do the other planes have stars orbiting above them? Also, is the dome around them or does each of them have a dome?

I friended myself!