frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

I actually think I understand Flat Earth Theory. Understanding isn't concluding.

124»

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• PoguePogue 584 Pts   -  
    Pogue said:

Dearest Pogue, I am aware of this. This is because the screen projects a smaller dome inside of the bigger dome that you see as the 'sky'.

As for my question, which you did not answer, I ask to you why do the stars you see in the sky from the same spot during the night not change as the Earth rotates?
    Because they spin around the center of the milky way like the solar system but you will deny the existence of the milky way so there's no way to deconvert you. What screen? Do you have evidence of this? 
    @Pogue so the Stars spin with the Earth's spin at identical speeds to keep the constellations during the night from shifting even slightly?

Pogue said:
    @Pogue The north pole has days on end of sunlight, not the south pole.
    False statement. "In the summer time at Scott Base in Antarctica, there are 4 months in which the Sun never sets. From the latter part of October through the latter part of February, the Sun stays above the horizon line, giving each day 24 hours of sunlight" https://petapixel.com/2015/08/18/a-time-lapse-of-24-hours-of-sunlight-in-antarctica/
    Okay, this I openly admit was a good disproof of what I said. What I now will like to say is going to sound like an extreme scapegoat or troll statement but I beg that you understand. The Sun does not stay fixed in position, somehow the sunlight remains constant. This is because the screen meets the Earth at the edge and is contributing to the round earth illusion (yes, the controlling people are supporting the liars).

If the dome is actually not a dome and it's endless sky and we are simply one tiny human-farm in the middle of an endless ice-scape, then it still makes sense if the light is able to come from other sources than the sun from outside what we think is the confines of the Earth.
    Also, you can see them move. I thought you meant something different. I thought you meant why do they not change every day. Here is a time-lapsed video. You also ignore about 25% of my post. 

What you are saying makes no sense. Yes, it does not stay in a fixed position. I asked how it moved above when I debunked electro-magnetism. I do not get what you are saying for the second part. Can you expand or post a video?
    EmeryPearson
    I could either have the future pass me or l could create it. 

“We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain .” - Benjamin Franklin  So flat Earthers, man-made climate change deniers, and just science deniers.

I friended myself! 
  • PoguePogue 584 Pts   -  
    @Pogue The screen is actually what you are seeing, the edge of the dome screen. It is a complete illusion but you will deny it.
    That makes no sense at all. You have not given proof of that. 
    EmeryPearson
    I could either have the future pass me or l could create it. 

“We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain .” - Benjamin Franklin  So flat Earthers, man-made climate change deniers, and just science deniers.

I friended myself! 
  • ErfisflatErfisflat 1675 Pts   -   edited March 2018
    "Sunlight is not the only factor to determine temperature."

That's it?

I gave you an equally, if not more plausible explanation for "polar opposites" and that is your respone? 

In the far north, what is known as midnight sun is experienced in it's summer months where the sun doesn't go down.

This should happen in the south too. Meaning that the "continent" should be substantially higher in average tempurature. It actually probably doesn't, further proving the flat model to be the most correct.

"No, it is not a straw man. In previous debates, you said that there was a wall."

I could swear that I clarified myself on this, maybe I'll copy and paste it?(sarc) Plateau. 

"There are points on Antartica much lower than that. That is the most."

Oh I haven't claimed that "the wall" goes all the way around as a sheer cliff, it being above sea level is enough to contain the earth's waters.

"No, the temperature on Antartica is too cold."

For... Plant life? If you're going to include incomplete sentences, at least include my quote so that I know what your are referring to.

"No, it is not the case. There are more choices and you just denied because of reasons. It does prove it. It is too cold for plants to survive. So, it would have to be closer to the equator (where it is hotter) at one point in time. "

This is precisely what i explained, except with my model. The "equator", in my model, is the average path of the sun's circuit. Your "poles" are the places where the sun does not melt, further away from it's circuit. You're describing (I think) the Pangea theory. I am claiming that the "equator" has changed, possibly after the flood, and the earth has gotten smaller.

http://truthrising.net/flat-earth-1000-year-old-buddhist-map/

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pangaea

"If you it was how the oceans are kept in place then it should not have it because it would not be able to move. No plants have been discovered there. Your star can't be the reason because I've debunked it before."

...What? I'm genuinely trying to understand you, but it's like you're speaking your own language sometimes.

EmeryPearson
    Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.

Wayne Dyer
  • ErfisflatErfisflat 1675 Pts   -  
    The video of the Antarctic 24 hour sun is obviously fake. This gives an idea of the lengths they go to to keep the secret.

@someone234

someone234EmeryPearsonEvidence
    Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.

Wayne Dyer
    Pogue said:
    Pogue said:

Dearest Pogue, I am aware of this. This is because the screen projects a smaller dome inside of the bigger dome that you see as the 'sky'.

As for my question, which you did not answer, I ask to you why do the stars you see in the sky from the same spot during the night not change as the Earth rotates?
    Because they spin around the center of the milky way like the solar system but you will deny the existence of the milky way so there's no way to deconvert you. What screen? Do you have evidence of this? 
    @Pogue so the Stars spin with the Earth's spin at identical speeds to keep the constellations during the night from shifting even slightly?

Pogue said:
    @Pogue The north pole has days on end of sunlight, not the south pole.
    False statement. "In the summer time at Scott Base in Antarctica, there are 4 months in which the Sun never sets. From the latter part of October through the latter part of February, the Sun stays above the horizon line, giving each day 24 hours of sunlight" https://petapixel.com/2015/08/18/a-time-lapse-of-24-hours-of-sunlight-in-antarctica/
    Okay, this I openly admit was a good disproof of what I said. What I now will like to say is going to sound like an extreme scapegoat or troll statement but I beg that you understand. The Sun does not stay fixed in position, somehow the sunlight remains constant. This is because the screen meets the Earth at the edge and is contributing to the round earth illusion (yes, the controlling people are supporting the liars).

If the dome is actually not a dome and it's endless sky and we are simply one tiny human-farm in the middle of an endless ice-scape, then it still makes sense if the light is able to come from other sources than the sun from outside what we think is the confines of the Earth.
    Also, you can see them move. I thought you meant something different. I thought you meant why do they not change every day. Here is a time-lapsed video. You also ignore about 25% of my post. 

What you are saying makes no sense. Yes, it does not stay in a fixed position. I asked how it moved above when I debunked electro-magnetism. I do not get what you are saying for the second part. Can you expand or post a video?
    Did you really just say you "debunked electro-magnetism"?
    EmeryPearson

Wayne Dyer
    I almost forgot why I wasn't interested in conversing with @pogue. You essentially copy and paste your initial arguments, then, when faced with a logical rebuttal, you reduce your counterarguments to proof by assertion fallacies and illogical statements.

EmeryPearsonEvidence

Wayne Dyer
    Erfisflat said:
    Now I'm wondering if he will address my contention. I'm guessing he's going to copy and paste the other thing again.

EmeryPearsonsomeone234

Wayne Dyer
  • EvidenceEvidence 814 Pts   -  
    Pogue said:
    @EmeryPearson It's an inter-plantery (plane not planet) group that run across all nine planes (mercury to pluto)
    Pluto's not a planet. 
    This always gets ignored by you guys.

Here do this test at home but make sure you have a clear view.

Best o, experiment 3. Watch the sunset lying down

As detailed by the folks at MinutePhysics, the horizon is one of the easiest ways to validate the Earth’s curvature. As the sun dips behind the horizon, it slips from your view in a bottom-up direction. If you watch the sunset while lying on your back, and then hop up as the last rays disappear, then you should be able to see the sunset again.

The same pattern applies to ships as they sail away — their hulls disappear from the bottom up. As MinutePhysics points out, if the Earth didn’t curve and the horizon didn’t exist, when you looked at Chicago from across Lake Michigan, you’d be able to see the Rocky Mountains.

These prove Earth's curvature:

1. Look at eclipses

Lunar Eclipse GIFs - Find  Share on GIPHY

Every once in a while, the Earth passes between the Moon and the Sun, creating a phenomenon known as the Lunar Eclipse.

The Earth casts a shadow on the Moon as it passes through so if you look closely enough (a decent telescope should do it), you might be able to see a shaded arc. It’s always an arc and never a square or a rectangle.

2. Send a camera into space

Animated GIFs - Find  Share on GIPHY

Companies like Sent Into Space have special balloon kits that allow you to send whatever you like into space and back. Look at this, a guy sent a camera to space and the Earth is round:  https://www.geek.com/geek-cetera/homemade-spacecraft-reaches-100000-ft-films-the-whole-way-1287792/.

3. Watch the sun go over the horizon while lying down, then quickly stand up

If you watch the sunset lying down, you’ll find it disappears in the horizon. But if you stand up, you should still be able to see the sun as it sets on the distant horizon.

And if you happen to be at the ocean looking at ships, they will appear to emerge from the ocean – in a bottom-up direction. This is possible only because the ocean follows the curvature of the Earth and gradually drops from our line of sight.

If the earth was flat the water would stay at the same level.

4. The stars

If you go to a different part of the world, you’ll notice the constellations there are completely different.

A phenomenon first observed by Aristotle many, many years ago when he was returning from Egypt, the premise is the further you go away from the equator the further known constellations go towards the horizon.

This phenomenon can only be explained by a round surface.

Aristotle also concluded the Earth wasn’t very large because a small change in the distance makes a huge difference in terms of what we see in the night sky.

In the flat Earth model, you could not see the same constellations and stars in S.A. and Africa (or S.A. and Australia or Africa and Australia) (the two will both be night) because you would only be able to see the front. Also, the stars that are only able to see in the Northern Hemisphere would be visible in the South.

Globe:

Flat:

5. Time zones

Time Zones GIFs - Find  Share on GIPHY

Our planet is divided into 24 time zones, this is taking into account the position of the Sun and the Earth's rotation. The Sun isn’t visible to everyone at the same time.

But that wouldn’t be the case if the Earth was flat. If the Sun shone directionally on a flat Earth, we would be able to see at all times.

So basically, the only way these timezones can happen is if the world is spherical.

time zones

We have time zones because when the Sun is illuminating one side of the spherical Earth, the other side is dark.

This can only be explained if the world is round, and rotating around its own axis. At a certain point when the sun is shining on one part of the Earth, the opposite side is dark, and vice versa. That allows for time differences and time zones, specifically ones that are larger than 12 hours.

Another point concerning time zones, the sun, and Earth: If the sun was a “spotlight” (very directionally located so that light only shines on a specific location) and the world was flat, we would see the sun even if it didn’t shine on top of us (as you can see in the drawing below). Similarly, you can see the light coming out of a spotlight on a stage in the theater, even though you—the crowd—are sitting in the dark. The only way to create two distinctly separate time zones, where there is complete darkness in one while there’s light in the other as if the world is spherical.

debunking the sun as spotlight theory

Before I get into it, I want to say two things, on the top of the Burj Kalfa the sun sets 2 minutes later than the bottom. Also, if you do not have a model, you can not know if the flat Earth explains what happens.

I guess I will start and since you guys did not debunk these yet I will repost them.

There are so many more ways you can prove to yourself the Earth is round. You can see more things the higher up you are. Long suspension bridges’ towers slope slightly away from one another to account for the curvature of the Earth. Every other planet is a spinning sphere. Satellites exist (as proven by the existence of your iPhone), and obey rules that only work if they’re orbiting around Earth. We’ve taken many, many pictures of Earth. Buy a weather balloon and strap a camera to it.

Satellites have to exist for the internet to work. The TV would not be here without relativity which involves gravity. The ISS exists because you can clearly see it if it goes above your location. You can easily watch the youtube live stream from the ISS.

Hurricanes, cyclones, and typhoons are all the same thing: Spinning masses of air sucking moisture from the ocean, dumping it back on us and destroying things in their path. A hurricane is just a giant wind drain—a low-pressure center with winds flushing into it. The wind always blows counter-clockwise inwards in Northern Hemisphere hurricanes—check out this picture of Hurricane Katrina and the United States. Notice the direction the wind is traveling with a compass, depending on where the Hurricane is.

However, in the Southern Hemisphere, the wind travels the opposite direction. Here’s a picture of Hurricane Catarina, a very rare Southern Hemisphere Atlantic Hurricane:

Notice that Catarina is very clearly spinning in the opposite direction. That’s because of the Coriolis effect—the wind changes direction as the planet spins. If the Earth wasn’t spinning, the wind should blow straight into the middle of the hurricane from all directions. But the Earth spins faster at the equator than at the poles, because our planet’s midsection has the furthest distance to travel with each rotation. Winds traveling northwards or southwards curve as they travel from slower spinning to faster spinning regions of the planet. The wind carves the opposite direction based on whether you are above or below the equator since the Earth’s rotation gets slower on alternate sides.

You can recreate this by spinning a basketball on your finger, and moving a marker from the bottom up or the top down—notice what the line looks like above and below the middle of the ball.

Okay, let’s try to explain all that with a flat Earth. If Earth was a giant spinning plate with the North Pole at its center, all hurricanes should spin in the same direction and should have a much more spiral shape the further south (i.e., away from the center) you head. You could maybe slow down the spins further from the center of the spinning plate, but then you should see the continents ripping apart from the different speeds. It just doesn’t make any sense.

Look at this, a guy sent a camera to space and the Earth is round:  https://www.geek.com/geek-cetera/homemade-spacecraft-reaches-100000-ft-films-the-whole-way-1287792/.

The video proves why the Coriolis effect is real and is dictated by hemisphere. The important parts are from 1:44-5:35. It has a controlled experiment. In the end, it explains why there is a difference between hemispheres. It works because it does. To understand this, think of a pool at the geographic poles. It is stationary relative to Earth, but every sidereal day, it is actually completing one full rotation. The part further away from the pole and closer to the equator move faster because it has to complete a larger movement in the same amount of time (that is why rockets are launched closer to the equator. When the plug is pulled (part of the experiment) everything is moving toward the drain in the middle. The far side is faster so it gets ahead while the slower part is too slow so it lags behind.

Edit: The video was a picture by accident because I copied and pasted my arguments. Here is the video:

What about these then,

The critical point here is disappearing OVER the horizon, not disappearing simply because they are small boats that are too small to see. Also, what about the majority of observations? This video claims it is not visible, but

Shows curve because you can the wake of the boat.

Also, look at this,

This is for @someone234 also
    Wow Pogue I have not seen so much misinformation since we started the FE debates. It's not even worth debunking.
    I will ask you only one question, which I already KNOW that you will not answer in laymans terms, but will try to use sci-fi rhetoric, but heck, here it goes anyways:

With the Globe-Earth you cannot have a Creator God. I don't mean the millions of created gods, but the Only Infinite and Eternal God possible: "I Am", so you are stuck with the next best explanation of the Heaven and the Earth; BB-Evolution.

OK, so let's start with the Big Bang which you know was invented by a Catholic Jesuit Priest, similar to a Jesuit Priest who wrote the Satanic Bible in one sitting.

OK, here is your Universe down at a singularity, .. it is getting denser and hotter, .. 

Q. What medium are you, or any Big Bang scientist imagining this event taking place "in"?
    ErfisflatEmeryPearson
    @Pogue The sun moves by electromagnetism, to answer your question. Gravity is not anything to do with it.

I can copy and paste the video where it shows teh physicality of this movement but you don't seem to like watching it.

@someone234 it's against his religion.
    Evidence said:
    Pogue said:
    @EmeryPearson It's an inter-plantery (plane not planet) group that run across all nine planes (mercury to pluto)
    Pluto's not a planet. 

As detailed by the folks at MinutePhysics, the horizon is one of the easiest ways to validate the Earth’s curvature. As the sun dips behind the horizon, it slips from your view in a bottom-up direction. If you watch the sunset while lying on your back, and then hop up as the last rays disappear, then you should be able to see the sunset again.

The same pattern applies to ships as they sail away — their hulls disappear from the bottom up. As MinutePhysics points out, if the Earth didn’t curve and the horizon didn’t exist, when you looked at Chicago from across Lake Michigan, you’d be able to see the Rocky Mountains.

1. Look at eclipses

Every once in a while, the Earth passes between the Moon and the Sun, creating a phenomenon known as the Lunar Eclipse.

The Earth casts a shadow on the Moon as it passes through so if you look closely enough (a decent telescope should do it), you might be able to see a shaded arc. It’s always an arc and never a square or a rectangle.

Companies like Sent Into Space have special balloon kits that allow you to send whatever you like into space and back. Look at this, a guy sent a camera to space and the Earth is round:  https://www.geek.com/geek-cetera/homemade-spacecraft-reaches-100000-ft-films-the-whole-way-1287792/.

If you watch the sunset lying down, you’ll find it disappears in the horizon. But if you stand up, you should still be able to see the sun as it sets on the distant horizon.

And if you happen to be at the ocean looking at ships, they will appear to emerge from the ocean – in a bottom-up direction. This is possible only because the ocean follows the curvature of the Earth and gradually drops from our line of sight.

4. The stars

If you go to a different part of the world, you’ll notice the constellations there are completely different.

A phenomenon first observed by Aristotle many, many years ago when he was returning from Egypt, the premise is the further you go away from the equator the further known constellations go towards the horizon.

Aristotle also concluded the Earth wasn’t very large because a small change in the distance makes a huge difference in terms of what we see in the night sky.

In the flat Earth model, you could not see the same constellations and stars in S.A. and Africa (or S.A. and Australia or Africa and Australia) (the two will both be night) because you would only be able to see the front. Also, the stars that are only able to see in the Northern Hemisphere would be visible in the South.

Globe:

Flat:

5. Time zones

Our planet is divided into 24 time zones, this is taking into account the position of the Sun and the Earth's rotation. The Sun isn’t visible to everyone at the same time.

But that wouldn’t be the case if the Earth was flat. If the Sun shone directionally on a flat Earth, we would be able to see at all times.

So basically, the only way these timezones can happen is if the world is spherical.

time zones

We have time zones because when the Sun is illuminating one side of the spherical Earth, the other side is dark.

This can only be explained if the world is round, and rotating around its own axis. At a certain point when the sun is shining on one part of the Earth, the opposite side is dark, and vice versa. That allows for time differences and time zones, specifically ones that are larger than 12 hours.

Another point concerning time zones, the sun, and Earth: If the sun was a “spotlight” (very directionally located so that light only shines on a specific location) and the world was flat, we would see the sun even if it didn’t shine on top of us (as you can see in the drawing below). Similarly, you can see the light coming out of a spotlight on a stage in the theater, even though you—the crowd—are sitting in the dark. The only way to create two distinctly separate time zones, where there is complete darkness in one while there’s light in the other as if the world is spherical.

Before I get into it, I want to say two things, on the top of the Burj Kalfa the sun sets 2 minutes later than the bottom. Also, if you do not have a model, you can not know if the flat Earth explains what happens.

I guess I will start and since you guys did not debunk these yet I will repost them.

There are so many more ways you can prove to yourself the Earth is round. You can see more things the higher up you are. Long suspension bridges’ towers slope slightly away from one another to account for the curvature of the Earth. Every other planet is a spinning sphere. Satellites exist (as proven by the existence of your iPhone), and obey rules that only work if they’re orbiting around Earth. We’ve taken many, many pictures of Earth. Buy a weather balloon and strap a camera to it.

Satellites have to exist for the internet to work. The TV would not be here without relativity which involves gravity. The ISS exists because you can clearly see it if it goes above your location. You can easily watch the youtube live stream from the ISS.

Hurricanes, cyclones, and typhoons are all the same thing: Spinning masses of air sucking moisture from the ocean, dumping it back on us and destroying things in their path. A hurricane is just a giant wind drain—a low-pressure center with winds flushing into it. The wind always blows counter-clockwise inwards in Northern Hemisphere hurricanes—check out this picture of Hurricane Katrina and the United States. Notice the direction the wind is traveling with a compass, depending on where the Hurricane is.

However, in the Southern Hemisphere, the wind travels the opposite direction. Here’s a picture of Hurricane Catarina, a very rare Southern Hemisphere Atlantic Hurricane:

Notice that Catarina is very clearly spinning in the opposite direction. That’s because of the Coriolis effect—the wind changes direction as the planet spins. If the Earth wasn’t spinning, the wind should blow straight into the middle of the hurricane from all directions. But the Earth spins faster at the equator than at the poles, because our planet’s midsection has the furthest distance to travel with each rotation. Winds traveling northwards or southwards curve as they travel from slower spinning to faster spinning regions of the planet. The wind carves the opposite direction based on whether you are above or below the equator since the Earth’s rotation gets slower on alternate sides.

You can recreate this by spinning a basketball on your finger, and moving a marker from the bottom up or the top down—notice what the line looks like above and below the middle of the ball.

Okay, let’s try to explain all that with a flat Earth. If Earth was a giant spinning plate with the North Pole at its center, all hurricanes should spin in the same direction and should have a much more spiral shape the further south (i.e., away from the center) you head. You could maybe slow down the spins further from the center of the spinning plate, but then you should see the continents ripping apart from the different speeds. It just doesn’t make any sense.

Look at this, a guy sent a camera to space and the Earth is round:  https://www.geek.com/geek-cetera/homemade-spacecraft-reaches-100000-ft-films-the-whole-way-1287792/.

The video proves why the Coriolis effect is real and is dictated by hemisphere. The important parts are from 1:44-5:35. It has a controlled experiment. In the end, it explains why there is a difference between hemispheres. It works because it does. To understand this, think of a pool at the geographic poles. It is stationary relative to Earth, but every sidereal day, it is actually completing one full rotation. The part further away from the pole and closer to the equator move faster because it has to complete a larger movement in the same amount of time (that is why rockets are launched closer to the equator. When the plug is pulled (part of the experiment) everything is moving toward the drain in the middle. The far side is faster so it gets ahead while the slower part is too slow so it lags behind.

Edit: The video was a picture by accident because I copied and pasted my arguments. Here is the video:

What about these then,

The critical point here is disappearing OVER the horizon, not disappearing simply because they are small boats that are too small to see. Also, what about the majority of observations? This video claims it is not visible, but

Also, look at this,

Wow Pogue I have not seen so much misinformation since we started the FE debates. It's not even worth debunking.
    I will ask you only one question, which I already KNOW that you will not answer in laymans terms, but will try to use sci-fi rhetoric, but heck, here it goes anyways:

With the Globe-Earth you cannot have a Creator God. I don't mean the millions of created gods, but the Only Infinite and Eternal God possible: "I Am", so you are stuck with the next best explanation of the Heaven and the Earth; BB-Evolution.

OK, so let's start with the Big Bang which you know was invented by a Catholic Jesuit Priest, similar to a Jesuit Priest who wrote the Satanic Bible in one sitting.

OK, here is your Universe down at a singularity, .. it is getting denser and hotter, .. 

Q. What medium are you, or any Big Bang scientist imagining this event taking place "in"?
    I think @pogue abandoned the earth theories, maybe the site altogether.

Wayne Dyer
    Evidence said:
    Pogue said:
    Pluto's not a planet. 

1. Look at eclipses

4. The stars

Globe:

Flat:

5. Time zones

time zones

What about these then,

Also, look at this,

EvidenceEmeryPearson

Wayne Dyer
    Erfisflat said:
    Evidence said:
    Pogue said:
    Pluto's not a planet. 

1. Look at eclipses

4. The stars

Globe:

Flat:

5. Time zones

time zones

What about these then,

Also, look at this,

Oh, I see, thanks @Erfisflat.
    So is there any other Big-bangers here who could defend their stories?

You know, .. I have been kicked off half a dozen Forums, both Christian and Atheist for asking these two simple questions, as the one above on the BB, .. and on the evolution theory, about the taxonomy of this mysterious creature they call "Common Ancestor" that can split into two or more branches of different species, yet itself is never identified.

I would love to ask these same questions, in public, both from Dawkins, and his "Origins Project" buddy Lawrence Krauss!?
    ErfisflatEmeryPearson
  • FredsnephewFredsnephew 361 Pts   -  
    Evidence said:
    Erfisflat said:
    Evidence said:
    Pogue said:
    Pluto's not a planet. 

1. Look at eclipses

4. The stars

Globe:

Flat:

5. Time zones

time zones

What about these then,

Also, look at this,

You know, .. I have been kicked off half a dozen Forums, both Christian and Atheist for asking these two simple questions, as the one above on the BB, .. and on the evolution theory, about the taxonomy of this mysterious creature they call "Common Ancestor" that can split into two or more branches of different species, yet itself is never identified.

I would love to ask these same questions, in public, both from Dawkins, and his "Origins Project" buddy Lawrence Krauss!?

The Big bang is a theory.

Gods are theories.

Flat Earth is a theory.

No one knows the answer.

We are all making assumptions.
    EmeryPearson
    Evidence said:
    Erfisflat said:
    Evidence said:
    Pogue said:
    Pluto's not a planet. 

1. Look at eclipses

4. The stars

Globe:

Flat:

5. Time zones

time zones

What about these then,

Also, look at this,

Gods are theories.

Flat Earth is a theory.

No one knows the answer.

The flat earth is fact, based on other facts and everyday observations. 
    EvidenceEmeryPearson

Wayne Dyer
    Evidence said:
    Erfisflat said:
    Evidence said:
    Pogue said:

n to be at the ocean looking at ships, they will appear to emerge from the ocean – in a bottom-up direction. This is possible only because the ocean follows the curvature of the Earth and gradually drops from our line of sight.

4. The stars

Gods are theories.

Flat Earth is a theory.

No one knows the answer.

Yes, gods are theories, and Infinite God "Is", .. as in "I Am".

What is a scientific theory?

A scientific theory is a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world, based on a body of facts that have been repeatedly confirmed through observation and experiment. Such fact-supported theories are not "guesses" but reliable accounts of the real world.

1. a body of facts.
    2. that have been reputedly confirmed through
    3. observation, and experiment
    4. NOT guesses

let's take air for an example, what is air?

air is the invisible gaseous substance above the flat earth, a mixture mainly of oxygen and nitrogen based on a body of facts that have been repeatedly confirmed through observation and experiment.

So what is a singularity?
    Singularity - http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/blogs/physics/2015/12/are-singularities-real/
    It’s hard to imagine infinity: something that is, by definition, larger than everything you can imagine.
    Physicists have to deal with the unimaginable every day, and have the tools to do so.
    But does their math describe reality?

Ah, nothing like starting off a scientific theory on a false definition like changing Infinite into infinity, then make up another theory like the one that physicists don’t know how to resolve, like the one that appears in Einstein’s theory of General Relativity when matter collapses under the gravitational pull of its own weight, .. lol

Yep, .. physicists observe matter collapsing under the gravitational pull of its own weight all the time, like watching a 500lb. person walk up 10 steps, .. pant, .. pant, .. pant .. sigh, .. collapse, .. gravity keeps pressing on the fat person till you have, ... drum roll, .. a gravitational singularity!

Here is an example of infinity, you can start with numbers like; 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, .. now is that "larger than anything you can imagine"? Two year olds can count to 5 and then stop, is that large counting to 5? Even I can do that on one hand!

How can anyone get a degree in physics and not understand the difference between infinity and Infinite?
    Infinite has no boarders, but infinity is literally made up of boarders, like;
    .. boarder 1 boarder 2 boarder 3 boarder 4 boarder .. and so on.

The Flat Earth is a theory? Look how many people have checked it including every one of us here, everything from lasers, telescopes, levels, sound/radio waves just about every tool we use to check for level, there is no curvature over water except when we hit an island, .. which we can see from over 60 miles away.

Yes, BB-Evolution and all their claims are assumptions, Infinite God and His creation are real, that can be observed by "real science".
    EmeryPearson
    @Evidence ;

1) How can anyone get a degree if they do not know the difference between a boarder and a border.

2) Infinity is the state or quality of being infinite.

3) Infinity is an immeasurable reality and therefore cannot be regarded as being "large".

4) The flat Earth is an outdated theory. Superseded many hundreds of years ago, by the spherical Earth theory.

5) "God and his creation are real". This is an archaic theory, that some people have been conditioned to accept as fact.

6) Maybe a God initiated the Big Bang. But what initiated the God?  

7) It's no good whatsoever to simply say God is infinite, as this is just a glib statement that cannot be substantiated. 
    EmeryPearson
    @Evidence ;

1) How can anyone get a degree if they do not know the difference between a boarder and a border.

3) Infinity is an immeasurable reality and therefore cannot be regarded as being "large".

4) The flat Earth is an outdated theory. Superseded many hundreds of years ago, by the spherical Earth theory.

5) "God and his creation are real". This is an archaic theory, that some people have been conditioned to accept as fact.

7) It's no good whatsoever to simply say God is infinite, as this is just a glib statement that cannot be substantiated. 

@Fredsnephew

Cantors Infinite has boarders, and right now they're all in the "playroom", .. OK?

The upper attic 
    The upper attic is the realm of large cardinals and the higher infinite, extending from inaccessibility to inconsistency.
    The middle attic 
    The middle attic surveys the infinite cardinals whose existence can be proved in, or is at least equiconsistent with, the ZFC axioms of set theory.
    The lower attic 
    The lower attic classifies various large countable ordinals.
    The parlour 
    Aspiring to the attic, the parlour contains the truly vast finite numbers.
    The playroom 
    Enjoy the stimulating entertainments of the playroom, full of fun and paradox.
    The library 
    Peruse the selections of our library, the central repository of all references cited here at Cantor's attic.
    The cellar 
    Review the foundations of our subject with informative background presentations of ideas used throughout the attic.

There is no state to Infinite because there is no 'matter' or any 'properties' to Infinite. You are describing 'infinity', not Infinite. Infinity cannot ever become, or describe Infinite. That would be, .. umm, .. like describing a clean canvas by putting more and more painting on it.

Sorry but that's wrong, .. actually infinity is the one that can be measured, all the way on to infinity, and any part of it too, anywhere from the beginning on. It can be large, high, many, etc. and can go in all different directions too. But not Infinite, because Infinite 'Is' the "ground of Being". So Infinites state is actually "consciousness", .. yes, .. I like that:

The state of Infinite is consciousness, yet is not a being, but the Ground of Being.

Can you "see/know/acknowledge" Him now?

How about this: "The flat Earth is an outdated reality. Superseded many hundreds of years ago, by pseudoscience and their spherical Earth theory."

Wow, talking about being conditioned to accept something as fact! My little niece is staying with us finishing her school year while her mom is in the Philippines visiting. After she's done with her homework, she gets on the laptop and watches YouTube "children's programming", .. and my God if it's not literal "programming" of their little minds! Every show is full of magic, planets, alien creatures, dragons, more magic, .. and oh look, globes everywhere with an occasional grunt of the word "science".

How can observable reality be an old archaic theory?
    You may be right about the archaic part, it is being forgotten, replaced with todays science fiction stories, in books and movies and like I said children programming. Like taking a school bus to Mars, where NASA spends millions on such deception like their predecessors did to us with the globes in our schools, because they know that the more you repeat something (like their timetables) the more it sticks in their heads.
    I actually heard adults in line for that last Star Wars movie, and they were talking about the planets, space, ships and people in the movie as if they really did live on a spinning globe themselves. I didn't realize this till now that @Erfisflat opened my eyes to another good look at earth, how I too was floating and flying with Chewbacca aboard the Millennium Falcon!

Why would God initiate a singularity, then explode it with gravity, ..  and keep it expanding by pumping more vacuum into it?

7) It's no good whatsoever to simply say God is infinite, as this is just a glib statement that cannot be substantiated

Infinite Is God, who created beings and other realities, realms and things, .. including the no-thing. You cant substantiate Infinite, only His creation, which by logic has to have the conscious Infinite. How could you accept an expanding universe that's being expanded by gravity and a vacuum, and not understand Infinite God??
    EmeryPearson
  • AmericanFurryBoyAmericanFurryBoy 531 Pts   -  
    What’s stopped us from traveling to the other side if its flat?
    Not every quote you read on the internet is true- Abraham Lincoln
    @Evidence ;

As far as the human species is concerned. I would have to say that knowledge and intelligence are no match for common sense and logic.
    What’s stopped us from traveling to the other side if its flat?

Didn't stop all of us, there are those that can go anywhere, and having seen things, they put a stop to anyone (except them) going there.

ATS - The Antarctic Treaty - Antarctic Treaty Secretariat

The Antarctic Treaty was signed in Washington on 1 December 1959 by the twelve countries whose scientists had been active in and around Antarctica during the International Geophysical Year (IGY) of 1957-58. It entered into force in 1961 and has since been acceded to by many other nations

Why?
    Why is there a treaty to keep us from exploring Antarctica if it really is just a frozen wasteland?
    ErfisflatEmeryPearson
    @Evidence ;

As far as the human species is concerned. I would have to say that knowledge and intelligence are no match for common sense and logic.

Look, .. what if you put globes into all the schools, .. enforce the media to often mention: "News from NASA!", .. science education, books, create conspiracy stories of aliens from vacuum space and alien abduction on one hand, .. then refute it on the other, as long as the topic of the general public is on BB-globe-earth.
    Build multimillion dollar busses and take children on "trips to Mars", ..  put out 10+ sci-fi movies a month world wide to keep the topic on globe earth, then teach children to ridicule and make fun of and call anyone that stands up to observed and proven-reality "Conspiracy nuts"  ..  and label "space, globe earth, gravity, black holes, the B.S. from NASA and CERN" as 'intelligence and knowledge' until It becomes "common sense".
    Look at all the Flat Earth videos where they interview people, and observe their reaction, especially the snickers when we mention Flat Earth. (thank God that's finally changing, people are beginning to be educated on it!)

we can make senseless rhetoric like the Big Bang and evolution stories to sound like knowledge and intelligence. I've been to science fairs where more than half was sci-fi, with Storm Troopers and Chewbacca the Wookiee as main attractions, .. yeah, real knowledge and intelligence there, .. who needs common sense, right?
    ErfisflatEmeryPearson
    Evidence said:
    @Evidence ;

Look, .. what if you put globes into all the schools, .. enforce the media to often mention: "News from NASA!", .. science education, books, create conspiracy stories of aliens from vacuum space and alien abduction on one hand, .. then refute it on the other, as long as the topic of the general public is on BB-globe-earth.
    Build multimillion dollar busses and take children on "trips to Mars", ..  put out 10+ sci-fi movies a month world wide to keep the topic on globe earth, then teach children to ridicule and make fun of and call anyone that stands up to observed and proven-reality "Conspiracy nuts"  ..  and label "space, globe earth, gravity, black holes, the B.S. from NASA and CERN" as 'intelligence and knowledge' until It becomes "common sense".
    Look at all the Flat Earth videos where they interview people, and observe their reaction, especially the snickers when we mention Flat Earth. (thank God that's finally changing, people are beginning to be educated on it!)

we can make senseless rhetoric like the Big Bang and evolution stories to sound like knowledge and intelligence. I've been to science fairs where more than half was sci-fi, with Storm Troopers and Chewbacca the Wookiee as main attractions, .. yeah, real knowledge and intelligence there, .. who needs common sense, right?

Look.

The flat Earth theory was conclusively disproved approximately 500 years ago. Long before N.A.S.A and the modern U.S.A.  were ever thought of.

The spherical Earth theory was first proposed thousands of years ago. Long before the invention of the modern Christian God.

Thing is.
    Your modern conspiracy theory is fun to debate, but is nonetheless a modern conspiracy theory, clearly based upon modern personal resentments.

As for the Big Bang and Evolution. 
    Well these are theoretical and still open to discussion. I do not accept either of these theories as given fact.

The Big Bang is plausible but falls down in exactly the same way as the God theory does. That is to say both theories fundamentally rely on the magical something from nothing principle.

Evolution is a more logical proposition and fits comfortably with both The Big Bang theory and the God theory.
    Evolution as a developmental process relies only on the existence of matter and not on the magical event that created matter.

The difference between you and I is.
    I will not accept without proof. Whereas you will accept with blind faith.
    I do not resent other peoples achievements. Whereas you clearly do.

someone234EmeryPearson
  • someone234someone234 647 Pts   -  
    @Fredsnephew Challenge me to a debate where you are not allowed to use any NASA, Roscosmos or UN research papers in your evidence.
    EmeryPearsonEvidence
    @Evidence ;

actually, the ball earth is the outdated theory now, superceded now, with the invention of telescopic cameras, water levels, gyroscopes, and common sense.
    EmeryPearsonEvidence

Wayne Dyer
    Evidence said:
    @Evidence ;

Look.

The flat Earth theory was conclusively disproved approximately 500 years ago. Long before N.A.S.A and the modern U.S.A.  were ever thought of.

The spherical Earth theory was first proposed thousands of years ago. Long before the invention of the modern Christian God.

Thing is.
    Your modern conspiracy theory is fun to debate, but is nonetheless a modern conspiracy theory, clearly based upon modern personal resentments.

Well these are theoretical and still open to discussion. I do not accept either of these theories as given fact.

The Big Bang is plausible but falls down in exactly the same way as the God theory does. That is to say both theories fundamentally rely on the magical something from nothing principle.

Evolution is a more logical proposition and fits comfortably with both The Big Bang theory and the God theory.
    Evolution as a developmental process relies only on the existence of matter and not on the magical event that created matter.

You have accepted the ball earth without any proof. proof of flat earth is everywhere.
    EmeryPearsonEvidence

Wayne Dyer
    Erfisflat said:
    @Evidence ;

actually, the ball earth is the outdated theory now, superceded now, with the invention of telescopic cameras, water levels, gyroscopes, and common sense.

Actually the Ball Earth theory is outdated. 
    That is because the Ball Earth proposition is no longer theoretical, but a proven fact.
    Unequivocally proved to be correct, over 500 years ago.

Hey.
    You can keep flogging your dead horse.
    As I've said before, it makes for fun debating.
    What would debateisland.com be without its Flat Earth protagonists?

ErfisflatEmeryPearsonEvidence
    Evidence said:
    @Evidence ;

@Fredsnephew Look. The flat Earth theory was conclusively disproved approximately 500 years ago. Long before N.A.S.A and the modern U.S.A.  were ever thought of.

500 years using drawings of stars as planets, and a globe-earth similar to NASA's Blue Marble, right? Seems like nothing changed from 500 years ago, still using artist rendered images, cartoons, cave paintings of aliens in space suits and a lot of fantastic movies and sci-fi stories.

Nephew, the spherical earth IS the "modern Christian gods". Haven't you been keeping up with the Vatican's News announcements that the RCC Jesuit-Christian George Lemaitre was correct, and God is no longer the magician creating things out of nothing as once thought to be! The Pope announced it.

Thing is.

I know first hand of those resentments, how I resented @Erfisflat claim of a Flat Earth, .. until he convinced me to take a second look.
    "Just one look, .. that's all it took yeah, just one look, ..

Yeah, that's what you say on a Debating sight, .. smart move, because you know you would loose trying to defend a magical universe that blew up because of gravity, in a medium "we don't know what", .. and expanding because of the vacuum. I mean what intelligent person would even try to defend an expanding gravity-vacuum theory? Only the likes of the Marshal Applewhite's of the world would do that, like Hawking, Dawkins, Krauss etc.

Our Infinite Conscious Mind/God is the Ground of Reality, it can't "fall down", .. on 'what grounds' would you build reality on? Our reality starts with creation, starting with His son Word, .. NOT with God. God Is, as he told His Prophet Moses: "I Am". Now tell me which part of this Big Bang story is "plausible"?

Of course the Evolution, the Big-Bang and plural gods theory fit comfortably, .. they were all created by the same Gentile pagan gods worshippers. Why do you think they continue their trillions of dollars Marshall Applewhite missions to land on these gods like Mars, and that new Tatooine Earth-like planets from Star Wars?

As for Evolution, the story relies on one thing, "millions and billions of years ago fairytales". Didn't you and I debated the evolution story? How Richard Dawkins and other evolutionists agree that "Evolution/Speciation Never Happens"!? To top that off, they even admit that "if evolution/speciation of one specific species were to speciate/evolve into another distinct species (like a duck turning into a crocodile), that would Prove Evolution wrong". So even Evolutionists admit that; Evolution/Speciation Never Happens, only fossils and skull & bones evolve in this wildly imaginative and fantastic story.

Proof, you mean like the artist rendered Blue Marble, right?
    My faith (as I have said a hundred times throughout my debates) is based on the Biblical interpretation:

Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

you see, my faith is based on evidence with substance, not the pagan gods worshipping interpretation of "blind-faith".

Yes, I do resent the 1,700 year old RCC Christian Nazi run NASA and CERN; deception achievements over mankind, all the while exterminating us like the animals they identify us with. That's why they use monkeys and Negros, and other non-German animals for their experiments, for them, there is no difference.
    someone234EmeryPearson
    @Evidence I also was hostile to him until I have an epiphany of my own and realised that I was being rude to him for no real reason.
    EvidenceEmeryPearson
    @Evidence I also was hostile to him until I have an epiphany of my own and realised that I was being rude to him for no real reason.
    @someone234 We're talking about @Erfisflat, right?  Same here, maybe not rude, but I really thought he was just joking, and never even bothered to look deeper in the plethora of evidence he was presenting others, .. until, .. I believe it was he asked me: "What convinces you of space and planets, ..?" My answer of course was: "the thousands of pictures from NASA of space, of the moon, and of Mars!" etc. So he asked me to "take another look at those pictures?", .. that's all it took to get me started searching, and eventually believing.

I found that it's not trying to answer Globetard questions like "why does the sun set, how does it stay up, .. how do you explain this, or that?" but looking at every NASA claim, like the moon landing, or the Mars Rover landings, or that new Tatooine earth-like planet they just found, or the billions spent on our Star Wars defense, .. 

Star Wars Defense - On March 23, 1983, President Ronald Reagan took to the airwaves to announce the first steps toward building an ambitious defense system that would protect America from nuclear annihilation.

Star Wars "A new hope"  May 25, 1977
    Star Wars "Empire strikes back"  May 21, 1980
    (We were now ready for the next mass MK-Ultra)
    US Star Wars Defense - On March 23, 1983
    The ambitious and costly program, dubbed “Star Wars,” is now in its fourth decade, having consumed $209 billion while never being tested, even on a limited scale, in the heat of battle.

So imagine taking in $209 Billion dollars on a space defense program that is no more real than that silly science fiction movie "Death Star" is!? I'm sure there is a tabletop model of it sitting somewhere on German president Steinmeier's desk, .. nest to a Moon-rock!?
    The LOL- is on us evolving sub-humans.
    EmeryPearsonsomeone234
  • AmpersandAmpersand 858 Pts   -  
    I took you off mute to see what random stuff you were making up now.

The Strategic Defence Initiative  was called the Star Wars program by the media and the public as a pet name, It was never it's actual name or what the government called it by when it introduced it, people just called it that because it was a high-tech space related thing and Star Wars was new and famous at the time.. 

The SDI was superseded by the Missile Defence Agency and the combined work of the two agencies is in use today and is very real, contrary to your claims. They've developed the Patrior Missile Defence system for instance which was used in both Iraq/USA Wars and is in use in Israel.

Back on mute you go.
    EmeryPearsonsomeone234Erfisflat
    Ampersand said:
    I took you off mute to see what random stuff you were making up now.

The Strategic Defence Initiative  was called the Star Wars program by the media and the public as a pet name, It was never it's actual name or what the government called it by when it introduced it, people just called it that because it was a high-tech space related thing and Star Wars was new and famous at the time.. 

The SDI was superseded by the Missile Defence Agency and the combined work of the two agencies is in use today and is very real, contrary to your claims. They've developed the Patrior Missile Defence system for instance which was used in both Iraq/USA Wars and is in use in Israel.

Back on mute you go.

OK, so I'll speak as a mute;
    "made up by the media"? .. and who controls the media!? And yes it WAS always called the Star Wars program, ask anyone?

http://www.coldwar.org/articles/80s/SDI-StarWars.asp
    - "The Strategic Defense Initiative (SDI), also known as Star Wars, was a program first initiated on March 23, 1983 under President Ronald Reagan."

But when spoken of, then it never was called "Star Wars", or never was called "Big-Bang theory", .. or that "Evolution never really happens", .. we can go on and on and on with the flip-flopping to avoid the topic right? Or either mute-us, and if that doesn't work, put us on mute!

Yes, of course after raking in $209 BILLION dollars, and no vacuum space to keep an imaginary Star Wars Death star laser in, .. the next best thing was created: The "Terminator" machine missile defense system, all automatic just like the 5-G Microwave Terminator program is, so when They program it to start killing Jews and Arabs (in Israel) and all of us here, they'll just invent another "axis of evil" to blame it on!

* German/Austrian Arnold Schwarzenegger in "Terminator" Oct 1984
    * German/Austrian Arnold Schwarzenegger in Terminator "Judgement Day"  July 3 1991
    * A Patriot system of the German Air Force in August 2005. The MIM-104 Patriot is a surface-to-air missile (SAM) system, the primary of its kind used by the United States Army and several allied (soon to be Terminated) nations.
    * Terminator "Salvation" the only hope for us evolving subhuman is to cut off our arms and legs, get a lobotomy, in exchange for bionics and a chip implant in our brain! It is happening as we speak, but once they trigger the "Patriot system" and blow away a few hundred million people, everyone left alive will be lining up in Germany to become the "Six million dollar bionic-man-woman-child"!

Image result for human bionics helping people

Image result for human bionics helping people

Image result for human bionics

Brilliant plan, once peoples arms or legs get shot off by the Patriot Machine Defense system, or cut off for minor infections, everyone will want one!
    NASA must be sooo proud of itself working on fulfilling the death of humanity and the "Rise of the Machines".

EmeryPearsonErfisflat
    Evidence said:
    @someone234 We're talking about @Erfisflat, right?  Same here, maybe not rude, but I really thought he was just joking, and never even bothered to look deeper in the plethora of evidence he was presenting others, .. until, .. I believe it was he asked me: "What convinces you of space and planets, ..?" My answer of course was: "the thousands of pictures from NASA of space, of the moon, and of Mars!" etc. So he asked me to "take another look at those pictures?", .. that's all it took to get me started searching, and eventually believing.

I found that it's not trying to answer Globetard questions like "why does the sun set, how does it stay up, .. how do you explain this, or that?" but looking at every NASA claim, like the moon landing, or the Mars Rover landings, or that new Tatooine earth-like planet they just found, or the billions spent on our Star Wars defense, .. 

Star Wars Defense - On March 23, 1983, President Ronald Reagan took to the airwaves to announce the first steps toward building an ambitious defense system that would protect America from nuclear annihilation.

Star Wars "A new hope"  May 25, 1977
    Star Wars "Empire strikes back"  May 21, 1980
    (We were now ready for the next mass MK-Ultra)
    US Star Wars Defense - On March 23, 1983
    The ambitious and costly program, dubbed “Star Wars,” is now in its fourth decade, having consumed $209 billion while never being tested, even on a limited scale, in the heat of battle.

So imagine taking in $209 Billion dollars on a space defense program that is no more real than that silly science fiction movie "Death Star" is!? I'm sure there is a tabletop model of it sitting somewhere on German president Steinmeier's desk, .. nest to a Moon-rock!?
    The LOL- is on us evolving sub-humans.
    You don't need N.A.S.A. to convince you of space and planets. Just take a walk outdoors on a dark evening, tilt your head backwards and open your eyes.
    People have been doing this for thousands of years. Long before evil N.A.S.A. came on the scene. (July29th 1958)

I understand the Flat Earth theory. But I also Know that the Flat Earth theory is incorrect.
    Erfisflat maybe very good at producing pretty pictures and diagrams. But their theory falls down on the simplest of questions.

Let's be honest, this whole debate isn't about the reality of the universe. It's about personal resentment of those who are cleverer and more successful than ourselves. Not a grudge that I share, may I add.
    someone234EmeryPearsonEvidenceErfisflat
  • LukePhillipsLukePhillips 17 Pts   -  
    The flat earth society is a joke. They even publicly admit that the earth is round on event pages and tweets. "We have members around the globe" "Thousands of speakers from around the world are coming to talk about how the earth is flat" "Mars is proven to be a globe whereas earth is not"@someone234
    Erfisflat
    @LukePhillips Perhaps you are confusing me for the one writing their tweets.
    EvidenceErfisflat
    The flat earth society is a joke. They even publicly admit that the earth is round on event pages and tweets. "We have members around the globe" "Thousands of speakers from around the world are coming to talk about how the earth is flat" "Mars is proven to be a globe whereas earth is not"@someone234

Hello @LukePhillips
    From all the evidence so far, the Flat Earth Society is just another of NASA's long arm of deception, just like Elon Musk's SpaceX. No one can claim to go into space, or land on the moon, or Mars without the authorization of NASA, because they own the rights to this imaginary sci-fi space, and the millions, and billions and trillions of Carl Sagan planets with it.
    In other words, if any country or organization wishes to do any imaginary space-travel, they have to buy the green-screen equipment, and rent the Zero-G planes, or Space-pools from NASA.
    someone234ErfisflatEmeryPearson
    Hello @Fredsnephew ;
    You said - You don't need N.A.S.A. to convince you of space and planets. Just take a walk outdoors on a dark evening, tilt your head backwards and open your eyes.
    People have been doing this for thousands of years. Long before evil N.A.S.A. came on the scene. (July29th 1958)

When I go outside on a dark evening and tilt my head back, I see stars, and through my telescope they look like stars, right there where they were for thousands of years.

I understand the Flat Earth theory. But I also Know that the Flat Earth theory is incorrect.

Yes, NASA's Flat Earth Societies flat earth theory is incorrect, we agree.

Erfisflat maybe very good at producing pretty pictures and diagrams. But their theory falls down on the simplest of questions.

That would be NASA who produces them "pretty sci-fi pictures", what @Erfisflat shows is what's really out there.

Let's be honest, this whole debate isn't about the reality of the universe. It's about personal resentment of those who are cleverer and more successful than ourselves. Not a grudge that I share, may I add.

Yes, after starving half the world, robbing us billions and billions of dollars a month, it's about time we have some resentment of those who are cleverer and so successful in deceiving us, then robbing us blind, .. especially being so arrogant about it. Just don't take all the credit, if it wasn't for God allowing this, .. this rather poor deception to take hold of us, not even grade school children would fall for it. In other words; you're not so smart. Besides, magic tricks can only work for so long.
    ErfisflatEmeryPearson
    Analysts say that at least 1 out of ten now question the shape of the earth with predictions saying that by 2019, 1 out of 3 people will be flat earthers.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/flateartheducation.wordpress.com/2018/01/10/how-many-flat-earthers-are-there-part-ii-also-predictions-for-2018/amp/

So why is everyone suddenly questioning a truism that has existed for decades, or debatably "thousands of years"?

1.  As @Evidence points out, what if the images we were shown of our home were NOT images of our home? When looked at with skepticism, every image of a spherical earth are proven to be faked, or composite, whatever you want to call it.

I'm not joking, investigate for yourself! Don't just take my word for it. 

2. If you want to prove that flat earthers are crazy and Nasa went to the moon, GOOD LUCK! They lost the data!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_11_missing_tapes

3. NASA says space is a vacuum, but experimental tests show that combustion and thrust are impossible in a vacuum, yes, even with an added oxidizer, as the naysayers will contest.

4."  But, but, we saw the rocket go into space with our own eyes! "

What we see are rockets that go up, turn, and go back down to our beautiful flat Earth!

They say it's easier to get into space than going straight up. These amateurs show us what happens when we try to go straight up. Remember that an object in motion stays in motion unless acted upon by an outside "force".

5. "But, but, people have circumnavigated the earth for many years, proving it is a ball! "

Not so fast, east and west circumnavigation is entirely possible on our flat Earth. North and South circumnavigation, which should be possible on a spherical earth, never happened. "But it's too cold!" Mars is no problem though...

https://www.space.com/16907-what-is-the-temperature-of-mars.html

6. "But, but, muh boats go over the horizon! Aristotle saw it with the unaided eye, thousands of years ago!"

A combination of perspective and refraction causes this phenomenon, NOT impossibly curved water.

And Chicago is seen some 57 miles across lake Michigan, which should be hidden by 2,000 feet of alleged curvature.

someone234EmeryPearsonEvidence

Wayne Dyer
    @Erfisflat They will call us trolls, idiots and mentally ill maniacs. We will know the truth.
    EmeryPearsonEvidenceErfisflat
    Erfisflat said:
    Analysts say that at least 1 out of ten now question the shape of the earth with predictions saying that by 2019, 1 out of 3 people will be flat earthers.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/flateartheducation.wordpress.com/2018/01/10/how-many-flat-earthers-are-there-part-ii-also-predictions-for-2018/amp/

So why is everyone suddenly questioning a truism that has existed for decades, or debatably "thousands of years"?

< God bless Erfisflat!>

https://www.space.com/16907-what-is-the-temperature-of-mars.html

@Erfisflat Another perfect example for Globetard's, like in this above video, and EVERY other NASA video shows absolutely nothing of reality, but all clear and crisp CGI 3D cartoons. "They" have taken over a trillion dollars, and keep taking billions a month $$$ on the satellites, .. on the Mars Rover, why didn't they use actual images taken from them, instead "They" give us 3D Cartoons, like to Kindergarten children.

Oh yeah a question, .. if the above video is the Planet Mars, why are they planning to send humans there again? To what, .. to hopefully populate Mars because Earth is just unacceptable, .. unbearable as habitat for humans!?

(Sorry for the name "planet earth", that is changing by the day) Here is NASA's terrible, chaotic earth they want to get us off of:

Yuck, terrible isn't it? No wonder NASA wants to get us off it, so they can destroy the rest of it so it be like in
    Genesis 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep.

ErfisflatEmeryPearson