frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Thoughts on Ben Shapiro?

Debate Information

Any thoughts on him?
Not every quote you read on the internet is true- Abraham Lincoln

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• someone234someone234 647 Pts   -  
    Praise the Freemasons
    George_HorseNathaniel_B
  • funpersonfunperson 66 Pts   -   edited April 2018
    His sarcasm makes him funny :). I think people idolize him too much though, and videos of him are always so clickbait-y. He's a good debater, not a God.
    George_Horse
  • DrCerealDrCereal 193 Pts   -  
    From my brief impression of him, I would say he's just another pretentious person on the internet.
    He thinks he's an intellectual giant, but the only reason he "wins" debates is the fact that he talks fast and can confuse his "opponents".

It is this very demeanor towards debates that makes me dislike him.
    Fascism
    Bis das, si cito das.
  • FascismFascism 344 Pts   -  
    @DrCereal He also debates common people instead of actual experts and uses ad hominems. 
    DrCereal
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 5967 Pts   -  
    He seems to be pretty shallow, and his thoughts are mostly copy-pasted versions of someone else's words. His arguments lack substance, and he mostly dominated the debates only because he fires a lot of statements at once, not letting his opponents address them before he fires a lot more statements, eventually forcing them to give up on trying to have an intelligent debate with him.

A good debater of a similar political leaning would be Sam Harris. He does bring a lot of substance into the discussions he participates in, and you can tell from his arguments that he is a very knowledgeable person who does a lot of reading and thinking. Ben, on the other hand, is more of an average Internet poster who accidentally went viral. He is not a psycho like Steve Bannon; he is rather simply unremarkable and generic.
  • VaulkVaulk 813 Pts   -  
    Jordan Peterson is my personal preference for Debaters.  Ben Shapiro is really good but isn't the great thinker of our time.  Also I don't think I've ever seen Shapiro debate anyone, I've seen him answer questions and respond to statements in public but the fact that youtubers are calling this "Debate" doesn't make it so.  If people who possess intelligence levels that aren't on the same scale with Ben Shapiro decide they want to step forward into the limelight and make their ignorance public....well then I guess that's their prerogative.
    "If there's no such thing as a question then what kind of questions do people ask"?

"There's going to be a special place in Hell for people who spread lies through the veil of logical fallacies disguised as rational argument".

"Oh, you don't like my sarcasm?  Well I don't much appreciate your stup!d".

• George_HorseGeorge_Horse 499 Pts   -  
    I like him very much. I have him as my profile on another debate website because the guy is so amazing and smart, his intelligence amazes me, and his character overall makes me appreciate him. Love Ben!
    Nathaniel_B
    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? " ~Epicurus

"A communist is like a crocodile" ~Winston Churchill

We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we're not alone.~Orson Welles
  • Agility_DudeAgility_Dude 62 Pts   -  
    Ben Shapiro knows his stuff. Go read his book "Bullies: How the left's culture of fear and intimidation silences Americans". Then we can talk.
    Nathaniel_B
  • Nathaniel_BNathaniel_B 182 Pts   -  
    He's smart as hell. I like guys like him, he be the type of guy to help you on a history or math exam, he's attractive too (I ain't gay) 

:+1: 
    Agility_DudeApplesauce
    “Communism is evil. Its driving forces are the deadly sins of envy and hatred.” ~Peter Drucker 

"It's not a gun control problem, it's a cultural control problem."
    Bob Barr