frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

The EPA is expected to roll back greenhouse gas emission and fuel economy standards for automobiles.

Debate Information

I could either have the future pass me or l could create it. 

“We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain .” - Benjamin Franklin  So flat Earthers, man-made climate change deniers, and just science deniers.

I friended myself! 

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• someone234someone234 647 Pts   -  
    The only reason renewable energy will always be better than fossil fuels is sustainability.

Global warming is proven yes but the causality being fossil fuel extraction primarily is less proven... Only NASA likes to advocate this.

Google HFC, HCDC, CFC and FC

Yes you Google it. That is main cause of global warming. Factory production needs to be fought or somehow made filterable when it emits these chemical compounds but thejminati tell us our electricity is the main cause... Of course it is, of course it is.
    Pogue
  • PoguePogue 584 Pts   -  
    The only reason renewable energy will always be better than fossil fuels is sustainability.

Global warming is proven yes but the causality being fossil fuel extraction primarily is less proven... Only NASA likes to advocate this.

Yes you Google it. That is main cause of global warming. Factory production needs to be fought or somehow made filterable when it emits these chemical compounds but thejminati tell us our electricity is the main cause... Of course it is, of course it is.
    Why is it the main cause? Carbon dioxide itself is a main driver of the warming. Carbon is the main driver right now because this warming period is man-made. Burning fossil fuels is not just used for electricity. It is used for production. Carbon has always led to higher temperatures. 

“We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain .” - Benjamin Franklin  So flat Earthers, man-made climate change deniers, and just science deniers.

I friended myself! 
    Pogue said:

Why is it the main cause? Carbon dioxide itself is a main driver of the warming. Carbon is the main driver right now because this warming period is man-made. Burning fossil fuels is not just used for electricity. It is used for production. Carbon has always led to higher temperatures. 
    Carbon is within CFC HFC etc... You aren't proving me wrong.
  • PoguePogue 584 Pts   -  
    Pogue said:

I know it is within it. But why is it that instead of fossil fuels?

I friended myself! 
  • PoguePogue 584 Pts   -  

Welp we are officially. Except for MN right now. We are getting 10-15 inches of snow right now.
    Well it being cold does destroy global warming. I deleted the curse word because I do not want that low considerate rating. LOL

I friended myself! 
  • someone234someone234 647 Pts   -   edited April 2018
    Pogue said:
    Pogue said:

The truth is to be studied, not spoon-fed. Find out by doing the googling I told.
  • PoguePogue 584 Pts   -  
    Pogue said:
    Pogue said:

The truth is to be studied, not spoon-fed. Find out by doing the googling I told.
    So, your evidence is that I should find it. Nice! I did google it. It said nothing about it being the main cause of man-made climate change. I even used https://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en&as_sdt=0,33&q=main+causes+of+manmade+global+wa. What showed up that said anything except fossil fuels was methane. That is not more dominant than fossil fuels at causing it. 

I friended myself! 
    @Pogue you are so smart, forgive me for daring to question your NASA findings. Do you know which organisation says what I say? Many.
  • PoguePogue 584 Pts   -  
    @Pogue you are so smart, forgive me for daring to question your NASA findings. Do you know which organisation says what I say? Many.
    And those organizations are?

I friended myself! 
  • PoguePogue 584 Pts   -  
    So how does that prove it is the “main cause”? They do contribute to it. However, none of those sources say it is the main cause. This would mean that refrigerators and AC’s are the main causes.  

I friended myself! 
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 5965 Pts   -  
    Well, coming from the part of the world where such standards do not exist, I do not miss the strong smell of gases and an airport-level noise on public streets. Modern First World cities are much more pleasant to be on, and the cars are much more pleasant to be in, partly because of the standards that require them to be more fuel-efficient and quiet, and for the fuel itself to be cleaner. Rolling back on those standards developing for over 45 years is a strange decision, to say the least, and I do not see how it benefits anyone - including the domestic car producers, who, thanks to the standards, do not have to compete with the sales of cars produced in countries devoid of these standards.

In addition, as someone currently shopping for a car, MPG is one of the main characteristics for me, as I do not feel like spending a fortune on gasoline/diesel. It is awesome that we have so many cars nowadays with high MPG levels (40-50). I would not want to go back to 70-s, when fuel costs dominated the costs of cars themselves and their maintenance.