frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Will Tesla Become Cheaper?

Debate Information

Right now, Telsa is very expensive. They are planning to make the Model 3, which is much more affordable. Will that trend continue? Will tesla get cheaper?
  1. Live Poll

?

12 votes
    1. Yes
      91.67%
    2. No
        8.33%

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• Yes, Tesla will follow that trend and get cheaper.
  • pkwni_10864pkwni_10864 17 Pts   -  
    Yes, they will follow that trend in my opinion.
  • CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1823 Pts   -  
    I don't think so.  Electric cars will become less expensive, but Tesla will want to remain the dominant high end market leader, like Lamborghini or McLaren are to conventional autos.  At some point, they may come out with a less expensive model, but most models will continue to demand a premium.
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    I believe that Tesla will maintain premium pricing, but due to overall trend of electric cars getting cheaper it will uktimately lower production costs and will pass along savings to consumers.  Tesla is a really imoressive and innovative company, but it will have roo much competition from now even google cars to maintain flat pricing.
    Live Long and Prosper
  • iwkmn_1087iwkmn_1087 12 Pts   -  
    I think that they will get cheaper.
  • CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1823 Pts   -  

Tesla workers are trying to fight back against low pay, hazardous conditions, and a culture of intimidation at the Freemont plant.  They're trying to unionize the only nonunion auto manufacturer in the country through the UAW.  If they're successful, it can't mean anything good for Tesla's price tag.

http://prospect.org/article/charge-time-electric-car-workers-accuse-tesla-low-pay-and-intimidation

• agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    @CYDdharta , interesting update.  I agree that unionization pressures put Tesla costs at risk.  Similarly Uber is facing unionization pressures, among other problems.  That shows how once your upstarts grow up, they are challenged by similar issues as established companies.
    Tesla yesterday overtook GM as the most valuable car company measured by market cap.  That is after overtaking Ford a week ago.
    overall, they will continue to innovate and likely improving costs, but I agree that unionization may offset those gains.
    Live Long and Prosper
  • joecavalryjoecavalry 430 Pts   -  
    Yes, in my opinion they will. Now, they have some issues with their output. They have too many orders, but not enough manufacturing plants to keep up with this amount of cars. Due to this, the cost of a Tesla is much higher. I believe, Elon Musk said himself that the cost of Teslas will go down in the futures. With the construction of their brand new Giga factory, I hope this will happen in the near future. I want a Tesla!
    DebateIslander and a DebateIsland.com lover. 
  • WhyTrumpWhyTrump 234 Pts   -  
    @joecavalry , I think we all agree that we want Tesla!
    i also agree that it will get cheaper as they ramp up their scale production. tesla is now the most valuable auto company in the world, exceeding GM in market cap.
    WhyTrump - a good question