frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

U.S. Drops Most Powerful Nonnuclear Bomb on ISIS - Read free at NY Times - Why is Trump doing this?

Debate Information

U.S. Drops Most Powerful Nonnuclear Bomb on ISIS

By HELENE COOPER and MUJIB MASHAL NY Times apr 13th

The strike was the first use of the weapon and part of the Pentagon’s intense air campaign in Afghanistan against the militant group. 

Why sudden interest by Trump in war agaist Syria, and now ISIS in Afganistan? After all the America first campaigning, and condemning Obama for all foreign wars, he is getting involved in military actions with 2 countries in just the first few months of his presidency...interesting....

Read this NY Times article for free, by following NY Times link via Google search

NY Times lets users read a generous number of articles every month if they are directly referred from Google.
https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&hl=en-us&q=U.S.+Drops+Most+Powerful+Nonnuclear+Bomb+on+ISIS&nfpr=1&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjg1Imo96LTAhXBA8AKHW1RDToQvgUIFygB&biw=768&bih=928

Or if you have a NYTimes subscription then follow 

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/13/world/asia/moab-mother-of-all-bombs-afghanistan.html

1. Live Poll

U.S. Drops Most Powerful Nonnuclear Bomb on ISIS - Why is Trump doing this?

10 votes
    1. Trump is sincerely concerned about ISIS
      70.00%
    2. Trump has hidden agenda
      30.00%
    3. Trump is emotionally unstable
        0.00%
WhyTrump - a good question

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• WhyTrumpWhyTrump 234 Pts   -   edited April 2017
    Once again highly unpredictable and inconsistent 
    WhyTrump - a good question
  • joecavalryjoecavalry 430 Pts   -  
    That was a great move, he's concerned and wants to do something about ISIS.
    DebateIslander and a DebateIsland.com lover. 
  • CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1823 Pts   -  

It seems pretty straightforward;

"ISIS has had a strong presence in Nangarhar and three other Afghan provinces for years, said Roggio, who also is the editor of the Long War Journal. The fact that the U.S. dropped the MOAB indicates that ISIS remains a threat in the area, he said. The weapon is also effective against enemy fighters who hide in caves."

It looks like the NYT is just being its usual partisan self and making stuff up.  Why do people post that drivel on this site?

• ale5ale5 263 Pts   -  
    @CYDdharta, do you find it concerning that for someone who so strongly advocated during his campaign that we should mind our own business, we are not throughing bombs around in 2 separate countries in just initial stages of his presidency? I thought it was strange why Trump pushed for such a high military budget increase, and now I see why.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible
    - Walt Disney
  • CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1823 Pts   -  
    @ale5 Nope, not at all.  Trump said he would let the military decide military matters, and he's doing just that.  If he commits significant ground forces to to a new conflict, then we might have something to talk about.  So far he has just been managing preexisting situations.
  • islander507islander507 194 Pts   -  
    I agree with @CYDdharta  on this. It's a preexisting condition, and ISIS is an issue we need to address.  Good bold move.
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    Fight against ISIS is real and Trump taking decisive action is good.  
    I also would like to point out another similarity between Trump and Peter the Great of Russian history - big decisive miliary actions.

http://debateisland.com/discussion/258/trump-compared-to-peter-the-great-of-russian-history
    Live Long and Prosper
  • PinoPino 85 Pts   -  
    Trump is taking the fight to the enemy by trying to deny them the time and space to become organized.
    It is a clever and prudent strategy to fight against the greatest evil of our times in foreign lands well away from home. 
    The only danger which exists to ''downtown'' America is from the 5th columnists, ( the enemy within) as introduced by Obama and his cohorts. 

• agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    @Pino, good point. Being there for Sep 11, I much rather we fight ISIS remotely.
    Live Long and Prosper
  • PinoPino 85 Pts   -  
    Maybe I'm getting too old, but I find any images of 9/11 too emotionally stressful to watch.
    The sight of seeing so many Americans die is heart wrenching. 
    President Trump has vowed to wipe the Muslim terrorist plague off the face of the earth, and with a little help from his friends, i.e, the U.K,, he'll do exactly that.
    But before he can concentrate sufficient forces to eradicate the vermin he has to neutralize the North Korean nuclear capability first. 

• kandhhjj_globalkandhhjj_global 25 Pts   -  
    I agree completely with @pino. He made an amazing point.