frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Should i be deported?

Debate Information

I'm from Britain but am austrailian/english in my background. I live in the us illigally with a mansion and a gater meat farm but my whole bloomin life is here. You can't just throw me out like a DOG! I pay taxes! And now trump thinks he can just THORW ME OUT! I'll nife im' if he knocks on my door.
[Deleted User]xlJ_dolphin_473Josh_Drake
Should i be kicked out of the US?
  1. Live Poll

Yes or no?

43 votes
    1. yes
      67.44%
    2. no
      32.56%

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• adebatermzn_1adebatermzn_1 12 Pts   -  
    No, I believe it should possibly be on the persons situation.
  • 1Hacker01Hacker0 91 Pts   -  
    As long as you pay taxes. I think you should be a citizen.
    xlJ_dolphin_473
  • CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1823 Pts   -  
    Yes, you should be deported.  Come back in the right way, legally.
    George_HorseSonofasonNathaniel_BZombieguy1987ApplesaucecalebsicaxlJ_dolphin_473Blastcat
  • VaulkVaulk 813 Pts   -   edited August 2017
    Yes and here's why:

If the U.S. immigration laws make an exception for you...then there has to be an exception for everyone.  If the rules don't apply to you...then they can't apply to everyone.  No one gets special treatment because they've managed to avoid being caught for an extended period of time.  Is it illegal to immigrate to the United States without going through the proper channels?  The answer is yes, it is illegal.  Should the laws of this country not apply to you because you pay taxes and haven't been caught?  To answer this I'll ask you this:

Is it illegal to steal a motor vehicle in the United States?  The answer is yes, it is illegal.  Should you be exempt from legal recourse because you pay taxes and haven't been caught stealing cars yet?  .......No.....you shouldn't be exempt.  Nor should people who are illegal immigrants be exempt from the laws of our country just because they pay taxes and haven't been caught.  The law is the law no matter how big or substantial your sob story is. 
    PowerPikachu21George_HorseBaconToesMajoMILSdlGMGVZombieguy1987Nathaniel_BApplesauceWinstonC
    "If there's no such thing as a question then what kind of questions do people ask"?

"There's going to be a special place in Hell for people who spread lies through the veil of logical fallacies disguised as rational argument".

"Oh, you don't like my sarcasm?  Well I don't much appreciate your stup!d".

• Oswald_MosleyOswald_Mosley 108 Pts   -  
    Just cause your a person doesn't make me vote any different that if I got a statistic. Your still by definition "illegal" and should be treated as such.
  • OakchairbcOakchairbc 88 Pts   -  
    People need to stop being such mindless sheep. When your argument in favor of deporting illegals documents is "their illegal" you have no reason you're just using a authoritative logical fallacy. Just because the government as deemed that is a civil violation for certain people to be here does not mean it should be. 
    The fact is there is not a single logical reason to deport people. It costs billions of dollars and the end result is that America is made poorer and a family has lost their home and whole life. 
    calebsicaanarchist100
  • PowerPikachu21PowerPikachu21 213 Pts   -  
    Is Brois actually an illegal immigrant who has an alligator farm? It's a little hard to believe someone would admit this, let alone owning such a farm.
    Zombieguy1987
  • FascismFascism 344 Pts   -  
    The fact that you have a mansion and a farm is outrageous. You, along with everyone you worked with who hasn't followed the regarding illegal immigration should be deported. 
  • ArtisticBearArtisticBear 28 Pts   -  
    Do you really have reason for being in the US? It really depends on why you came here. If you break laws and disrespect the authorities too often then you should be deported. Plus, I don't think that the average life in your native country is bad, unlike places like Mexico.
  • George_HorseGeorge_Horse 499 Pts   -  
    Of course you should. You can't live here like that, you need to be a resident. 
    Nathaniel_BcalebsicaxlJ_dolphin_473
    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? " ~Epicurus

"A communist is like a crocodile" ~Winston Churchill

We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we're not alone.~Orson Welles
  • with_all_humilitywith_all_humility 222 Pts   -  
    Yes, you're a law breaker. I think and excellent case could be made for you to stay, especially since your already being a productive member of local community where you are. File for your Green card, study and take the test to become a citizen. Depending on how old you are, you might consider military service. There are programs to allow foreign nations to server.  This would increase your odds even greater.  

Are you a land owner or are you just living on someone's land.  I don't know the immigration laws, but if you've invested in property I would think getting and extension on your passport or green card would be easy.  Regardless, one has to do the right thing and obey law.  That would all you to live a stress free life, and having to worry about if you're going to get deported. 
    SonofasonGeorge_HorseZombieguy1987Nathaniel_Bcalebsica
  • Code7000Code7000 33 Pts   -  
    Yes under Immigration and nationality act section 237 (a) (1) (b)

"Any alien present in the U.S is deportable"
    Nathaniel_B
  • someone234someone234 647 Pts   -  
    I originally ignored this sh**post because it's a troll post to get attention but since you're getting attention anyway then I will tell you this:

Until you posted this, you were safe. Now 'they' know. You just told the government who you are and what you're doing by sending this at this time and date from the IP you sent it from. Well done, .
    BaconToesZombieguy1987
  • someone234someone234 647 Pts   -  
    Debra always with the useful statistics.

MajoMILSdlGMGVGeorge_HorseZombieguy1987
  • SonofasonSonofason 448 Pts   -  
    I'm from Britain but am austrailian/english in my background. I live in the us illigally with a mansion and a gater meat farm but my whole bloomin life is here. You can't just throw me out like a DOG! I pay taxes! And now trump thinks he can just THORW ME OUT! I'll nife im' if he knocks on my door.
    Just do the honorable thing, and leave.
    George_HorseBlastcat
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 5965 Pts   -  
    Legally, you can, indeed, be thrown out: border violations here inflict very severe penalty, and if the state ever officially discovers that you are an illegal immigrant, then deportation is among the actions that are expected to be taken towards you.

Should you be thrown out from the moral standpoint, however? This is a much more subjective question. In my opinion, the mechanisms should be created that will allow easy naturalization for people like you, who, while having arrived here illegally, have lived here for many years and at this point are Americans in everything but the legal status.

I am an immigrant myself, from a country from which it is pretty difficult to immigrate here legally, both due to the limited finances most people possess, and the diplomatic relations between that region and the US. While I do not approve of immigrating illegally and I do believe that there is always a legal way to be found, if requiring a lot of effort to be used successfully - I understand people who, having nothing to lose and having had enough of their third world hole, decide to go for it and cross the border regardless of the consequences. While breaking the law should never be tolerated, it is important to accept the fact that such people will always exist and will often even benefit the economy. We need to create mechanisms that will take the harsh reality into account and not the idyllic utopia full of law abiding citizens. Naturalization mechanisms for illegal immigrants who have lived here for many years should and must be created - this is the only true way to solve the problem of illegal immigration. Trying to make crossing the border harder and deporting illegal immigrants easier could have a limited success, but it could also do a lot of harm, as we deport the people who have become an integral part of the American economy and have contributed to the growth of the pie.
    Zombieguy1987
  • Go back with 21 Savage Brit.
    Nathaniel_BZombieguy1987
    Not every quote you read on the internet is true- Abraham Lincoln
  • Nathaniel_BNathaniel_B 182 Pts   -  
    Are you making efforts to become a citizen? Are you making contributions to your community? If not any of those things, then yes you should be deported.
    Zombieguy1987xlJ_dolphin_473
    “Communism is evil. Its driving forces are the deadly sins of envy and hatred.” ~Peter Drucker 

"It's not a gun control problem, it's a cultural control problem."
    Bob Barr
  • arh_1002arh_1002 7 Pts   -  
    @Brois_Nickalson Yes imagine that you leave your house for three weeks to go on vacation, but when you get back someone has "moved" in putting all there belongings there and claims that they are living there. You will obviously call the cops on them because they broke the law. Entering a country illegally is breaking the law and the punishment for that law is deportation. Now with that considered by the sound of it you are a contributing member to our country. If you refuse to become a citizen you should then be deported because you are breaking the law. Honestly, it is in your best interest to just go ahead and get naturalized you may lose some money but that is definitely better than being deported.
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 5965 Pts   -   edited February 2019
    @arh_1002

It is not nearly that easy. In fact, for the vast majority of arrivals there is no clear path to naturalisation. You cannot just "apply" to become a citizen out of the blue. I mean, you can try going to the immigration services office and filling an application - but it will be a complete waste of your time, since the background check will reveal that you do not satisfy the naturalisation requirements.

I have lived in the US for almost 5 years now. I have a prestigious position at one of the top US universities. I pay all the taxes. My English is better than my mother tongue. I donate quite a bit of money for charity. My financial record is impeccable, with 0 late payments and low debt amounts. 
    And yet, I am not eligible even for the Permanent Residence status, let alone citizenship. And I am in a very good position, compared to the vast majority of even legal, let alone illegal, arrivals.

Making naturalisation possible and easy for those people who have been here for a while and, aside from their formal status, are no different from the average American citizen in any way - would make life much better both for the immigrants, and for the nation as a whole. There was a proposal a while ago, before all the anti-immigration rhetoric hit the fan, to grand permanent residence to every immigrant who has a higher education degree from a certified university and who has lived on the US soil for 5+ years. It could very well have come through, were it not for the sudden change of the mood in the country.

I am not saying that everyone who broke the law should be forgiven. However, in every civilised legal system, including the American one, the concept called "statute of limitations" exists. Basically, it states that if the person has not been prosecuted for the crime for the specified period of time, then it expires and can no longer lead to infliction of any penalty on the individual.
    I am not sure what such period should be for the illegal border crossing, but it definitely should exist. If someone has lived here for 10 years and was, with the exception of the act of border crossing, a perfectly law-abiding individual, then it only makes sense to grant them a legal status: whether you like it or not, they are fully American at that point, regardless of who and what they were in the past.
  • RyanHoughRyanHough 71 Pts   -  
    What makes you special from all the people who are currently going thru the process of being a LEGAL citizen of the U.S. Why can you just stay in the U.S. and not be bothered with the laws that we Americans have set in place to make sure that people are equal and safe? You will have the same rights as Legal citizens if you are also legal. Just because you don't want to be deported doesn't mean you GET to bypass our laws that keep us safe. 
  • RyanHoughRyanHough 71 Pts   -  
    @Brois_Nickalson We can throw you out like a dog if you are illegal. You are a stray that broke into the house of the United States of America that needs to either be adopted by the legal process or leave and stay where you belong.
  • HumbugHumbug 13 Pts   -  
    @Brois_Nickalson ;Regarding the specific of your mindset, I have little doubt of the fact that you need to serve hard time and many more attitudes changing beatings before eventuality of your deportation. I'd love to serve as an introductory mediator between yourself, Bubba and a local gravedigger prior. We know nothing about your past but by the sound of your own admission you are a violent little insignificant midget prick for which there are many willing who would love to get their hands on you! Who are you fibbing to by saying that you're paying your taxes, how could you if without a legal work permit which if you would possess in hand, you'd be legal for residency!..
  • ethang5ethang5 258 Pts   -  
    Can some one tell me what paying taxes has to do with legal citizenship?

If someone broke into your house, and then refused to leave because they were paying your light bill, would that entitle them to stay? Would that make the break-in legal?

Where do people get these absurd arguments?
  • xlJ_dolphin_473xlJ_dolphin_473 1712 Pts   -  
    Vaulk said:
    Yes and here's why:

If the U.S. immigration laws make an exception for you...then there has to be an exception for everyone.  If the rules don't apply to you...then they can't apply to everyone.  No one gets special treatment because they've managed to avoid being caught for an extended period of time.  Is it illegal to immigrate to the United States without going through the proper channels?  The answer is yes, it is illegal.  Should the laws of this country not apply to you because you pay taxes and haven't been caught?  To answer this I'll ask you this:

Is it illegal to steal a motor vehicle in the United States?  The answer is yes, it is illegal.  Should you be exempt from legal recourse because you pay taxes and haven't been caught stealing cars yet?  .......No.....you shouldn't be exempt.  Nor should people who are illegal immigrants be exempt from the laws of our country just because they pay taxes and haven't been caught.  The law is the law no matter how big or substantial your sob story is. 
    I disagree. I think that if you have become a valuable citizen of the US, there is no reason for you to be deported. Would you want America to accept plenty of talent from the world, and then punish them for illegally living there? No, I think not. And I think it should be on a person-by-person basis, it depends, for example, on whether that person has committed any crimes in the country they are living in.
  • xlJ_dolphin_473xlJ_dolphin_473 1712 Pts   -  
    Fascism said:
    The fact that you have a mansion and a farm is outrageous. You, along with everyone you worked with who hasn't followed the regarding illegal immigration should be deported. 
    I strongly disagree with you. If you are a valuable citizen of the US, and have made a positive contribution, there is no reason why you should be deported.
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 5965 Pts   -  
    @ethang5

No, but it could be seen as restitution of damage. If someone stole my car, but then agreed to return it and give me a huge extra compensation, then I would let it slide, and the court might decide that the case has been exhausted as well.

If the result of someone passing through the US border illegally was that they benefited the country immensely, without harming anyone, then what exactly is the problem here? Victimless crimes should not be a thing in general, in my opinion, but even if we assume that there is nothing wrong with them, in this case it is just practical to legalise people who have benefited the economy tremendously, so they can benefit it even more.
    Josh_Drake