frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Should School Serve Students Healthy Food or Fast Food?

Debate Information

Should school serve students healthy food or fast food? I support healthy healthy food from what I know about it so far. 
  1. Live Poll

Should School Serve Students Healthy Food or Fast Food?

7 votes
    1. Yes
      28.57%
    2. No
        0.00%
    3. Majority of time
      57.14%
    4. Minority of the time
      14.29%
I could either have the future pass me or l could create it. 

“We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain .” - Benjamin Franklin  So flat Earthers, man-made climate change deniers, and just science deniers.

I friended myself! 

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• averyaproaveryapro 150 Pts   -  
    I think the students definitely deserve some sort of fast food maybe once a week or every two weeks. However, in our society with many more obese kids and unhealthy people today I think having healthy food could play a larger role in the health of future generations. However, I think awarding kids with fast food since they've eaten a lot of healthy food in the past would be a good idea. I think it should be healthy food majority of the time but fast food every once in a while. 
  • someone234someone234 647 Pts   -  
    Jamie Oliver made this happen in the UK and the results have all been good. The answer is yes.
  • CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1833 Pts   -   edited May 2018
    Jamie Oliver made this happen in the UK and the results have all been good. The answer is yes.
    Michelle Obama made that happen in the US and the results have not been good,  The answer is no.  Healthy foods should be an option, but not the only option.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-school-lunch-program-with-an-unappetizing-report-card-1434582719

• someone234someone234 647 Pts   -  
    CYDdharta said:
    Michelle Obama made that happen in the US and the results have not been good,  The answer is no.  Healthy foods should be an option, but not the only option.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-school-lunch-program-with-an-unappetizing-report-card-1434582719

I like her a lot so I am unsure how that proves me wrong. Just because the first trial ended up with 'unappetising' results doesn't mean you don't try and make the healthier options appetising.
  • CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1833 Pts   -  
    I like her a lot so I am unsure how that proves me wrong. Just because the first trial ended up with 'unappetising' results doesn't mean you don't try and make the healthier options appetising.
    How many more $billions should we throw away while simultaneously forcing children to go hungry impeding their ability to concentrate on their lessons?  Like so much of what the Obamas did, it was a failed program.  Healthy foods should be an option, but more importantly, food should be offered that the kids will eat.