frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Bill Potts vs Clara Oswald - Who is better Dr Who companion?

Debate Information

Tonight fans finally met Bill Potts and it’s safe to say that the casting directors and showrunner Steve Moffat can breathe a long sigh of relief. They have done a brilliant job at picking the new companion. Pearl Mackie positively glows as the new assistant. 

She is a complete contrast to predecessor Clara Oswald (played by Jenna Coleman) and feels like a fully-formed character from the start, in the mould of the typical companion like Rose Tyler (Billie Piper) or Amy Pond (Karen Gillan).

http://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/792399/Doctor-Who-season-10-Pilot-review-Pearl-Mackie-Bill-Potts-Peter-Capaldi-Jenna-Coleman-BBC
  1. Live Poll

Bill Potts vs Clara Oswald - Who is better Dr Who companion?

7 votes
    1. Bill Potts
      42.86%
    2. Clara Oswald
      57.14%
Live Long and Prosper

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
22%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    Clara was my favorite, but lets see how well this new one does.
    Live Long and Prosper
  • love2debatelove2debate 186 Pts   -  
    So far, I didnt see enough to convince me that Potts will be better, but maybe too early to tell.  Good first episode to open season 10
  • joecavalryjoecavalry 430 Pts   -  
    I think they're about the same, but I will go with clara.
    DebateIslander and a DebateIsland.com lover. 
  • inc4tinc4t 186 Pts   -  
    Actually, something about Clara always annoyed me.  I still don't know what though.  I saw the initial season episode and it was a great start.  I kinda like Bill Potts character.  I am unclear what's up with connection between her and that other girl that turned into water.  Was it that she wanted to be friends with her or was that more of some sort of LGBT attraction.
  • inc4tinc4t 186 Pts   -  
    Now I get it,yes - Bill Potts was added to attract male viewers for girl on girl attraction. She is the first gay assistant on Doctor Who.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/3341997/doctor-who-feminist-campaigner-gay-assistant-bill-potts-girl-on-girl-titillation-male-viewers/

it is funny, but I guess that worked for me.
  • love2debatelove2debate 186 Pts   -  
    @inc4t, I didn't initially pick up on that, but now that you shared the article I see that as well 
  • hucj_rockhucj_rock 2 Pts   -  
    I personally liked Clara a little bit more but they seem about the same to me.