frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

Billions - Did Chuck Rhodes become more manipulative than his dad?

Debate Information

We saw interesting father-son bonding with the Rhodes boys in the Kingmaker episode.
Chuck was always looking down at his dad for being too manipulative, but now the dynamics changed.  Chuck is now a political machine, not willing to stop at anything to get to his goals.
  1. Live Poll

is Chuck more manipulative than his dad?

9 votes
    1. Yes
      66.67%
    2. No
      33.33%
Live Long and Prosper

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    Chuck really is starting outdoing his dad with ruthless move, like taking out his opponent with a composing letter about his son.
    Live Long and Prosper
  • joecavalryjoecavalry 430 Pts   -  
    Yes, and the extent of it is horrific.
    agsr
    DebateIslander and a DebateIsland.com lover. 
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    All these lessons from his dad Chuck resisted from early childhood are now embedded in his DNA.  Chuck is calculating his every move and is becoming totally ruthless.
    Live Long and Prosper
  • pkwni_10864pkwni_10864 17 Pts   -  
    Yes, he did by far.
  • islander507islander507 194 Pts   -  
    I love the show, and Chuck Rhodes s a chess player - so wheather his manipulation skill comes from his dad or chess - he is now a ruthless sob.
  • islander507islander507 194 Pts   -  
    Chuck is getting even more ruthless.  The ice juice play will unravel further agenda that will show just how he is willing to sacrifice his dad and Ira in a war against Axe
  • randalrandal 67 Pts   -  
    No, he is not more manipulative than his dad or at least not yet at that point of the show.
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    @randal, I would say based on last episode when he has a hidden agenda behind his ice juice play he might have exceeded that threshold. I suspect he just recruited his dad's money and Ira into his war with Axe
    Live Long and Prosper
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    Now that we saw the last episode, and the ice juice play was executed, I see that I predicted Chuck's motive correctly. Now that's what I call a good chess player.
    Live Long and Prosper
  • walterbawalterba 59 Pts   -  
    He is not that manipulative yet, although he won't be in my opinion in the show.
  • tocik17tocik17 35 Pts   -  
    Chuck made a nice play.   But, Axe will not go down without a fight.   Plus Wendy shorting the stock, throws a wrinkle.   But, that might of been part of the master plan
    magic-ellaagsr
  • magic-ellamagic-ella 7 Pts   -  
    @tocik17 , completely agree with your point.