frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

US Military Budget - should we increase US military budget, decrease, or keep the same?

Debate Information

US military budget is an important topic. Trump advocates for an increase, and that's consistent with Conservatives view. What do you think?
  1. Live Poll

US Military Budget - should we increase US military budget, decrease, or keep the same?

7 votes
    1. Increase
      71.43%
    2. Decrease
      14.29%
    3. Keep flat
      14.29%

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• love2debatelove2debate 186 Pts   -  
    I think it's important to increase so we can be taken seriously 
  • PinoPino 85 Pts   -  
    During the ''wilderness'' years of President, inertia, Obama both Russia and China built up their military forces just as Hitler did in the 1930s
    While this was happening Obama was ''having tea with the Queen of England'' and making ego boosting, meaningless speeches to captive audiences.
    China has just launched it's latest aircraft carrier and if present trends are allowed to continue we will become a 2nd rate military power and will have to toe the line as instructed by the world's new superpowers. 
    Maybe we could engage Obama in our defense department and he could talk our enemies into submission or drive them stark ravening mad. 
  • CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1823 Pts   -  
    I think defense spending should be tied to GDP, at about 6-7%.
  • inc4tinc4t 186 Pts   -  
    @CYDdharta, I agree
  • WhyTrumpWhyTrump 234 Pts   -  
    My concern with increasing the military budget is identifying source of these funds. It doesn't look that Trump is proposing to increase taxes, so it will likely just add to our already unsustainable national debt
    WhyTrump - a good question