frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

Does Donald Trump Deserve to be President?

Debate Information

What do you think...he should or he shouldn´t? 

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• randalrandal 67 Pts   -  
    Yes, Donald Trump won the electoral vote. Although, a counter argument would be that he lost the popular vote by a landslide to Hillary Clinton. There was an estimated 2 million vote difference.
    George_Horsewith_all_humilityApplesauce
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    We have well-eatablished rules for voting, and Trump is OUR elected president.  The word "deserved" to me implies measurement of perfomance, and we will need more time to see definitive results from his decisive actions, although IMO he is off to a promissing start.

Live Long and Prosper
  • don_liberdon_liber 12 Pts   -  
    That's a question asked by many, all the time. Trump was not fairly elected and don't won't be popular vote so my debate on this would be no. 
    George_Horsewith_all_humility
  • melanielustmelanielust 285 Pts   -  
    as a person? sure why not. politically? nah, it wasn't a fair process. then again it rarely is.
    aarong
  • VaulkVaulk 813 Pts   -  
    Donald Trump satisfied the established requirements for achieving a victory in the Presidential Election...there are no additional requirement needed nor has there been any new standards created that he did not meet.  Therefor by definition YES, Trump does deserve to be President. 
    aarongGeorge_Horsewith_all_humility
    "If there's no such thing as a question then what kind of questions do people ask"?

"There's going to be a special place in Hell for people who spread lies through the veil of logical fallacies disguised as rational argument".

"Oh, you don't like my sarcasm?  Well I don't much appreciate your stup!d".

• joecavalryjoecavalry 430 Pts   -  
    I believe he does deserve to be president. He was elected by the system, perhaps the popular vote (which doesn't matter that much). Although, he won with electoral votes which is how presidents get elected.
    I agree with @vaulk .
    George_Horse
    DebateIslander and a DebateIsland.com lover. 
  • LogicLogic 279 Pts   -  
    Well, Seeing as to how WW3 is right around the corner, I doubt he was a good choice. 
    with_all_humility
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    @Logic, Not sure about WW3 being around the corner.   The tensions with a North Korea are certainly not new and that cannot be pinned on Trump
    Live Long and Prosper
  • CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1823 Pts   -  
    Don't sweat it @Logic, WWIII has been "just around the corner" since the end of WWI.
    George_Horsewith_all_humility
  • LogicLogic 279 Pts   -  
    @CYDdharta  Let's hope that's so, It just seems like Russia And China, Aren't too fond of Trump Or america at this point.
  • snlagsinstsnlagsinst 22 Pts   -  
    He got fairly elected, I agree with @agsr .
  • CovenyCoveny 419 Pts   -  
    Depends on how you define deserve. If we say deserve means he has a legal claim, then yes obviously he does. If we are talking about his merit then no, as he has no qualifications. If we are talking about suitable then it would be yes, he's taking advantage of the American just like presidents for the last 30 years. If we are talking about appropriate then no, it was an undemocratic election. (either because of the Russians, or Hillary pick your poison)
  • natbaronsnatbarons 133 Pts   -  
    Yes, he was fairly elected and does have a legal claim.
    with_all_humility
  • George_HorseGeorge_Horse 499 Pts   -  
    Yes. He does and he is fine being the president, a better choice than Hillary. 
    with_all_humility
    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? " ~Epicurus

"A communist is like a crocodile" ~Winston Churchill

We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we're not alone.~Orson Welles
  • Absolutely!  
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 5967 Pts   -  
    Trump deserves being elected by the people who elected him, and people who elected him deserve him to be their president. Does not make him a good, or even a sensible, president, however. People made a mistake and elected a buffoonish populist, and the buffoonish populist used it to his advantage. Usual business decision: manipulate people and get what you want from them. There is nothing wrong with it, and gullible people have only themselves to blame for entrusting the fate on their country in the hands of someone who has zero knowledge about anything outside his narrow business field.
  • Agility_DudeAgility_Dude 62 Pts   -  
    YES! he won the election fair and square! He will make the country great again with stricter enforcement on borders and the destruction of obamacare.