frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Is there a trend of people preferring to eat in more?

Debate Information

The restaurant industry overindulged — and now it’s paying the price
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/business/wp/2017/04/28/the-restaurant-industry-overindulged-and-now-its-paying-the-price/?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_restaurants-222am%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.7ce0b93bab3c

This research seems to indicate that maybe people are eating in more vs going out.
  1. Live Poll

Is there a trend of people preferring to eat in more?

8 votes
    1. Yes
      62.50%
    2. No
      37.50%

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• joecavalryjoecavalry 430 Pts   -  
    I don't believe that Erebus a distinct trend, although if there is it could be potentially lethal to the restaurant industry. Although, some deliver and offer pickup.
    DebateIslander and a DebateIsland.com lover. 
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    Restaurant industry is definitely exposed to such a trend, but supermarkets like Whole Foods would greatly benefit.
    In the age of shared economy, I don't see millennials cooking all day, but rather eat out or take out.  To @joecavalry  point, delivery options are also becoming very popular.  With so many apps, you don't even need to talk to anyone to order food.
    Live Long and Prosper
  • foundue_47foundue_47 9 Pts   -  
    I agree with @agsr , supermarkets like wholefoods would become more popular.
  • love2debatelove2debate 186 Pts   -  
    The article suggests that the restaurant industry is not doing well, partially due to that trend.  The research seems credible, so I agree that there is a trend developing.
  • johnr_27johnr_27 8 Pts   -  
    The restaurant industry could potentially start its own trend of decreases earnings due to this research and this trend as well. This could be very dangerous to them if they don't make food more accessible through delivery options and quick.