frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Religion should be banned

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  

From Google Dictionary:

"Christian1

[kris-chuh n]
    ExamplesWord Origin
    adjective
    1. of, relating to, or derived from Jesus Christor His teachings:a Christian faith."

2. of, pertaining to, believing in, or belonging to the religion based on the teachings ofJesus Christ:"
  • JoesephJoeseph 652 Pts   -  
    @TTKDB

Yes I know the definition of a Christian, again what is your point if you even have one ?
  • TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    @Joeseph;

"Yes I know the definition of a Christian, again what is your point if you even have one ?"

I'm challeging the origin of your definition, is my point.

What is the point that you're trying to make? 

@TTKDB

Pick up any dictionary and look up the term religion , do yous have dictionaries in the U S ?
  • TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    @Joeseph:

Your point of view from your own conceived perception is just as educational as the definition from a dictionary is isn't it? 

@TTKDB

What that is meant to mean is beyond me  , if you cannot accept the definition of religion maybe you should sue the dictionary makers ?
  • TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    @Joeseph:

Your point of view from your own conceived perception is just as educational as the definition from a dictionary is isn't it?

"What that is meant to mean is beyond me  , if you cannot accept the definition of religion maybe you should sue the dictionary makers?"

Your point of view defines your conceived perception in regards to how you view things such as religion as an example, doesn't it, being that it appears to be so? 

@TTKDB

What you're on about is a mystery to me 
  • TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    @Joeseph:

Thank you for your multiple definitions of how you view religion in general.

(Your point of view from your own conceived perception is just as educational as the definition from a dictionary is isn't it?

Your point of view defines your conceived perception in regards to how you view things such as religion as an example, doesn't it, being that it appears to be so?)

You are your own dictionary.
    @TTKDB

What does that babble even mean?
  • TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    @Joeseph:

"What does that babble even mean?"

It's self explanatory.

@TTKDB

Nonsense , maybe your fellow religious loonies would agree though 
    Zombieguy1987
  • TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    @Joeseph:

Would you like to see over again, some of the verballized examples of how you have defined me via your stance? 

• TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    @Joeseph:

Can you explain to the religious individuals what this statement from you means? 

"Nonsense , maybe your fellow religious loonies would agree though"
    @TTKDB

I defined you as an indoctrinated sheeple have you any updates to add to that ?
  • TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    @Joeseph:

"I defined you as an indoctrinated sheeple have you any updates to add to that ?"

Don't stop there, you've said more than that haven't you? 

Is this from you, how you are defining religious individuals?

"Nonsense , maybe your fellow religious loonies would agree though"

@TTKDB

Again what's your point ? 
  • TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    @Joeseph:

"Again what's your point ?"

The points to your question are below.

Point one: "I defined you as an indoctrinated sheeple have you any updates to add to that ?"

Don't stop there, you've said more than that haven't you? 

Is this from you, how you are defining religious individuals?

Point two: "Nonsense , maybe your fellow religious loonies would agree though" 

Point three: "My reply ..... Debate ? What debate it’s just you posting up your usual nonsensical opinion hoping maybe some other nutter may agree with you , my statement regarding you was actually more than fair give;your limited intellectual powers."

• JoesephJoeseph 652 Pts   -   edited September 2018
    @TTKDB

Again what's your point , ive accurately described you and your buddies you don't have to keep repeating it 
  • TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    @Joeseph:

"ive accurately described you and your buddies you don't have to keep repeating it"

No, you haven't. Did you interview me to give your opinion about the religious individuals a two sided story? 

@TTKDB

Well your denial of the fact is more proof of your indoctrination 
  • TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    @Joeseph:

How can you be accurate about others when you defined them through your one sided stance?

• TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    @Joeseph:

Come on Joeseph, this is the back bone of your argument? 

"Well your denial of the fact is more proof of your indoctrination"

You failed, try again.

Are you using your bias as the back bone for your argument? 

@TTKDB

Because I’m never wrong 
    @TTKDB

Actually I succeeded in pointing out you’re an indoctrinated sheep , your continued denial and refesual to address this fact is conclusive  
  • TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    @Joeseph:

You're plenty wrong.

"Actually I succeeded in pointing out you’re an indoctrinated sheep , your continued denial and refesual to address this fact is conclusive"

You've succeeded in showing the religious individuals how you back your argument up.

Your use of the internet to provide your argument with a backbone.

The second backbone of your argument is your bias mindset.

This is how you've inaccurately expressed yourself.

"ive accurately described you and your buddies you don't have to keep repeating it"

No, you haven't. Did you interview me to give your opinion about the religious individuals a two sided story? 

When did you interview me or text religious individuals to provide your bias mindset with both sides of an argument? 

Again, how can you be accurate about others when you defined them through your one sided stance?

You're wrong when you label people, with your bias mindset.

Ask any religious individual if they concur with your mindset.

@TTKDB

You say ....Ask any religious individual if they concur with your mindset

My reply ..... But why would I care what indoctrinated sheeple think ?
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 5965 Pts   -  
    @Zombieguy1987 ;

Yes, and AfD, an ultra-nationalist party, got 12% seats in the German parliament recently, and in France the ultra-nationalist lady Le Pen scored over a third of all votes. Italy is ruled by an "Italian Trump", in Austria the chancellor is one of the biggest Putin's and Trump's friends, and in Spain and the UK nationalist secessionist movements nearly ripped the respective countries in half. Hungary, in which both communism and Nazism were outlawed for a long time, descended into a soft nationalistic dictatorship, and Poland is currently getting there.

It does not seem like ideological bans are particularly effective. In fact, the pattern suggests that the countries in which a given ideology is banned or heavily restricted eventually shift towards it.

We may have many nationalists around here, but only one nationalistic president was elected in the last many decades, and for the most part nationalists tend to stick to their own business. Countries that outlaw nationalism, on the other hand, create the environment in which nationalists, once they are in charge, have all the tools they need to implement their ideological constructs in practice, since it is they now who control the censorship process.

These simplistic "bans" are an example of extremely poor understanding of politics and societies. You think that banning something will remove it from the society; but what actually happens is that that something remains unchallenged and can grow in a comfy environment, eventually erupting and causing havoc.
  • AndrejAndrej 18 Pts   -  
    For this argument, I'll use the location of the US for basing this, as it is what I presume is the nation most people would identify with, yet this really goes for any democracy really as well. 

The constitution of the United States, and that of most if not all modern democracies, permit the right to practice religion. It's much like how freedom of speech really. Freedom of speech is what is preventing the government or any organizations from censoring things they disagree with, and allows you to say things that other people might call "" or "silly". This also protects your right to say the two aforementioned words and call it rational and open-minded debate, supposedly. Regardless of how ridiculous or how just you find any religion to be, it is simply wrong to force your ideals upon others just because you find it ridiculous, dumb, or pure "stupidity", as one civil debater put it here. If I read something I disagree with, perhaps something that you've written, and I feel it would be right to ban that from being said, I doubt you would be supportive of me doing such.

The whole atheism and evolution as a religion or not debate should really be put into it's own discussion in my opinion. We're here to discuss if a religion ban is right or wrong, not start a religious crusade over atheism and evolution's religious status. Save that for somewhere else.

• TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    @Joeseph:

You say ....Ask any religious individual if they concur with your mindset

"My reply ..... But why would I care what indoctrinated sheeple think ?"

And there's YOUR truth, and the backbone of your bias argument. 

Along with your bias classism attitude towards the religious individuals. 

Now I see why you work so hard at using the internet to spread your bias classism attitude towards the religious individuals. 

• TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    I think that for some to talk about banning Religion is equivalent to adult childs play.

We have a society where various conversations deserve more attention than the hounding of Religion like some do 

Why do some ignore the bigger picture issues that some plague society as a whole with? 

Why not push for bans on the various crimes that some commit against the rest of society as a whole? 

Domestic violence doesn't deserve more attention to it? 

Bullying in general doesn't deserve more attention to it? 

Assault and batteries, hit and runs, robberies, abductions, carjackings, and so on, these conversations don't deserve more attention to them? 

No, the hounding of Religion in general, and the religious individuals is where that kind of attention deserves to be dolled out isn't it? 

• JoesephJoeseph 652 Pts   -   edited October 2018
    @TTKDB

You say ....

My reply ....Incorrect , I’ve proved you’re indoctrinated and you cannot even defend yourself , so tell us again why are you a christian and not a Muslim ? Bet you will refuse to answer yet again 

You say .....Along with your bias classism attitude towards the religious individuals. 

My reply .... You merely  repeating unfounded allegations only makes you look not that you need much help with that 

You say .......Now I see why you work so hard at using the internet to spread your bias classism attitude towards the religious individuals. 

My reply ......Says an indoctrinated sheep who follows a religion that never stops trying to force its nonsensical teachings on society 

• TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    @Joeseph:

"My reply ....Incorrect , I’ve proved you’re indoctrinated and you cannot even defend yourself , so tell us again why are you a christian and not a Muslim ? Bet you will refuse to answer yet again."

You've proved that Joe knows how to use your computer and the internet to talk to others with a bias mindset. 

Why are you European and not from another country Joeseph? 

"My reply .... You merely  repeating unfounded allegations only makes you look not that you need much help with that"

Is this your court room Joeseph? 

(The internet and your computer makes it as such?) 

What's unfounded about you labeling people indoctrinated sheeple Joeseph? 

Do you have a bias against Muslims or Christian's Joeseph being that you're European? 

"My reply ......Says an indoctrinated sheep who follows a religion that never stops trying to force its nonsensical teachings on society"

There you go again with your bias mindset talk. 

Who follows his mindset, and uses the internet to label people (Let me make sure, I'm understanding you right) specifically the Christian's and Muslims? 

@TTKDB

You say ....

My reply ....Incorrect , I’ve proved you’re indoctrinated and you cannot even defend yourself , so tell us again why are you a christian and not a Muslim ? Bet you will refuse to answer yet again 

You say .....Along with your bias classism attitude towards the religious individuals. 

My reply .... You merely  repeating unfounded allegations only makes you look not that you need much help with that 

You say .......Now I see why you work so hard at using the internet to spread your bias classism attitude towards the religious individuals. 

My reply ......Says an indoctrinated sheep who follows a religion that never stops trying to force its nonsensical teachings on society 
  • TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    @Joeseph:

Why are you repeating yourself Joeseph? 

My reply, my reply...
    Zombieguy1987
    @TTKDB

Why are you repeating yourself TTKDB ? 

Why can you not not explain why you’re a Christian question too tough for you?

My reply, my reply... 
    Zombieguy1987
  • TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    @Joeseph:

Joeseph likes to argue, he likes to use the internet to push his bias on others, because he probably can't argue his bias in real life and not get dirty looks from those who aren't Joeseph. 

Come on copy cat. 

Do you have a hatred for Christian's and Muslims because they don't view life like you do? 

• TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    @Wowsil:

You're willows from Debate.org right? 
    Zombieguy1987
  • TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    @Joeseph:

What fuels your bias mindset?

Bigotry, classism, or just your bias in general does towards the religious individuals? 

Zombieguy1987
  • TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    @Wowsil:

Atheism like theism is just another thought process that some use the internet to educate people with right? 

Zombieguy1987
    @TTKDB

Still no defence or reply to the simple question why are you a Christian?  It’s tragic you don’t know the reason but I guess that’s the power of indoctrination you’ve refused to answer 35 times times now so run away again and cry like a baby 

Zombieguy1987
  • JoesephJoeseph 652 Pts   -   edited October 2018
    @TTKDB

Incorrect yet again , Atheism is a position on one question and one question alone but again I bet you won’t understand that fact 
    Zombieguy1987
  • TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    @Joeseph:

"Still no defence or reply to the simple question why are you a Christian?  It’s tragic you don’t know the reason but I guess that’s the power of indoctrination you’ve refused to answer 35 times times now so run away again and cry like a baby"

, do you feel like people should lower themselves to your level of bias, bigotry, or classism standards of thought? 

Because you feel like people need to defend themselves from your views towards them?

Is that how you go about educating via the internet via your bias mindset? 

Do you hate religious individuals? 

It's not a hard question.

Have I personally done anything to you in Europe against your bias mindset? 

Because if I haven't done anything personally wrong to you, then there's no reason to defend myself from your bias mindset is there? 

Zombieguy1987Evidence
  • CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1823 Pts   -  
    Wowsil said:
    I think everyone is getting more than a bit peed off that you keep on insisting that atheism is a religion without any reasoning or justification.....it just does not cut the mustard to say something is so without a reason, especially in this case where you are virtually trying to say that a wheel is square.

I don't know what your motive is but all you are achieving is blatantly showing everybody that you are a first-class limp-wristed .

That's certainly a curious position to take.  If everyone was peed off at my calling atheism just another religion, no one would be agreeing with me; but a number of posters have agreed with me, and some rarely agree with me on anything else.  If nothing else, I've demonstrated that you don't speak for everyone; that your opinions, which you incorrectly try to state are facts, are just opinions, and bad ones at that.

Zombieguy1987Evidence
  • TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    To those concerned, I don't recall ever calling atheism or (to cover the terminology around the anti religious in general) a religion.

I refer to atheism or theism as a mindset, or a thought process. 

@CYDdharta

Wrong  again , Atheism is still not a religion unless believers want to re -write dictionaries to include Atheism as a religion good luck with that 
    Zombieguy1987
    @CYDdharta

So you don’t know what the Oxford actually says regards religion , let me help ....

..1The belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods. ... 'The freedom to manifest religion or belief in worship, observance, practice and teaching encompasses a broad range of acts.'

Ouch guess you just make it up as you go along 
    Zombieguy1987
    @Erfisflat

Well you would as you also think round is flat ,I guess you go around in a state of always believing the opposite to what is true on account of your genetic idiocy 
    Zombieguy1987
    Joeseph said:
    @CYDdharta

So you don’t know what the Oxford actually says regards religion , let me help ....

..1The belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods. ... 'The freedom to manifest religion or belief in worship, observance, practice and teaching encompasses a broad range of acts.'

Ouch guess you just make it up as you go along 

LOL, denial isn't supposed to be a state of residency;

religion
    noun
    mass noun

1The belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.
        ‘ideas about the relationship between science and religion’

1.1count noun A particular system of faith and worship.
        ‘the world's great religions’

1.2count noun A pursuit or interest followed with great devotion.
        ‘consumerism is the new religion’
    https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/religion

Next time you want to "help" someone, make it a little less obvious when you're lying and just making stuff up.
    Zombieguy1987
    Joeseph said:
    @CYDdharta

Wrong  again , Atheism is still not a religion unless believers want to re -write dictionaries to include Atheism as a religion good luck with that 

No rewrite necessary, just the ability to actually read a dictionary and comprehend the words as written.