frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Has the G.O.P. Kicked Open a Health Care ‘Hornet’s Nest’?

Debate Information

Dems are arguing that Supporting this Bill will have consequences for the Reps during  the re-election.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/05/us/politics/house-democrats-health-repeal-republicans.html?_r=0
therepkmelkevolution17
  1. Live Poll

Has the G.O.P. Kicked Open a Health Care ‘Hornet’s Nest’?

11 votes
    1. Yes
      54.55%
    2. No
      45.45%
Live Long and Prosper

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
22%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• thereptherep 61 Pts   -  
    The Democrats are purposely lying to the Republicans, but not doing a good job. They are to blame for ObamaCare, they would get that burden lifted possibly if this bill passed. Although, they want to keep ObamaCare for some reason. Due to this, they are trying to get to the Senators and ultimately make the bill lose support or enough to stop it from going into effect. The Senate is planning to re-do the bill, so we will see what happens, manye it will lose support from different branches like the house of reps. All it needs is to pass the Senate right now.
    Logicale5SaltyDog
  • LogicLogic 279 Pts   -   edited May 2017
    I agree with @therep
  • manetaimanetai 29 Pts   -  
    Am agree with @logic .
  • ale5ale5 263 Pts   -  
    If the bill passes, the big question will be the long term effect of the bill and poitical re precautions to all those who supported it
    juresrix
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible
    - Walt Disney
  • juresrixjuresrix 3 Pts   -  
    Yes, now the republicans will be responsible for health care if this bill passes. The Senate is in fact planning to do a re write for the most part or the whole bill. Doesn't matter to me as long as it passes and gets put into effect.
    love2debate
  • love2debatelove2debate 186 Pts   -  
    @juresrix, to me it is impressive that Trump demonstrated so much agility after the first pass of the bill didn't go through, and came back so quickly.  
    I agree with you that now republicans take accountability if it passes. I hope it does.
    I disagree with NY times (which is a leftist publication) that Republicans will have a price to pay in re-election if the bill passes.
    kmelkevolution178BitHippie
  • kmelkevolution17kmelkevolution17 95 Pts   -  
    Trump did an amazing job rallying everybody up and I agree with @love2debate .
    ale5