frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

is modern Liberalism is a mental disease?

Debate Information

I think its a disease like flat earth or religion 
Nathaniel_BAmericanFurryBoySilverishGoldNova

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• ErfisflatErfisflat 1675 Pts   -  
    You are either under 12, or a complete bafoon.

If it's the former, it's understandable. 
    Zombieguy1987GooberryNathaniel_BSilverishGoldNova
    Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.

Wayne Dyer
  • Zombieguy1987Zombieguy1987 471 Pts   -  
    Erfisflat said:

Let's play the insult game instead of making an argument you 5 year old
    Nathaniel_B
  • Nathaniel_BNathaniel_B 182 Pts   -  
    Erfisflat said:

Whoa! Let's not start making Ad Hominems just because he sees your conspiracies as absurd now!  Spelled "Buffoon" wrong too!
    Zombieguy1987
    “Communism is evil. Its driving forces are the deadly sins of envy and hatred.” ~Peter Drucker 

"It's not a gun control problem, it's a cultural control problem."
    Bob Barr
  • Nathaniel_BNathaniel_B 182 Pts   -  
    I like to call myself a conservative, not a Trump supporter, but a conservative. My family has been Liberal since the 1960s. Liberalism, well at least the modern version, it is kind of . Liberals propose ideas, such as banning or getting rid of I.C.E, gun control, supporting the emigration of undocumented refugees, or Impeaching the president. I think the 20th century version of LIberalism was kind of better, the modern form of Liberalism is...... 
    Zombieguy1987Applesauce
    “Communism is evil. Its driving forces are the deadly sins of envy and hatred.” ~Peter Drucker 

"It's not a gun control problem, it's a cultural control problem."
    Bob Barr
  • whiteflamewhiteflame 689 Pts   -  
    Finding yourself at odds with an opposing viewpoint is nothing new nor should it be discouraged. Having open discussions about why differing views on a political topic take the stances they do is essential to developing good policy. People thinking differently and coming together to share their ideas and discuss how to make the country better is really important, and dismissing those ideas as part of some psychosis invariably destroys those conversations. When your response to the other side is "you're insane," it doesn't invite discussion. It doesn't make people likely to engage with you on individual issues and at least attempt to explain why they hold certain viewpoints. It simply tells them that there's no point in having a discussion, that their views will be actively derided. Maybe many of you are fine with that, but I'm not. I've had plenty of active disagreements with people whose viewpoints are starkly different from mine, but I've always made an effort to better understand where they're coming from. We all have our knee-jerk reactions to various sentiments, and no one is free of bias, but at the very least we should be willing to treat each other as human beings capable of basic reasoning until proven otherwise. A stance on an issue that you find ridiculous does not inherently make someone mentally ill, and the notion that it does is, frankly, insulting to the circumstances of the mentally ill.
    piloteer
  • WordsMatterWordsMatter 493 Pts   -  
    Do you know what disease means?
    Zombieguy1987SilverishGoldNova
  • ApplesauceApplesauce 243 Pts   -  
    some of the reaction being portrayed certainly don't appear as normal, screaming at the sky is a prime example.  the self professed progressives have a difficult time controlling their emotions and lack critical or logical thinking in many instances (not all of them just the ones on youtube, news etc)  many have extreme control issues (they want to control you) and dangerous authoritarian tendencies.  This has given rise to politicians or would be elected officials who mirror these traits to gain their votes, very scary if you can take an honest look at the situation.
    SilverishGoldNovaZombieguy1987
    "I'm just a soul whose intentions are good
    Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood"
    The Animals
  • Modern liberals are why there are instructions on shampoo bottles.

ApplesauceZombieguy1987
    I am no longer active on DebateIsland or any debate website. Many things I have posted here and on other sites (Such as believing in the flat Earth theory or other conspiracy theories such as those that are about the Las Vegas Shooting or 9/11) do not reflect on my current views. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1p6M-VgXHwwdpJarhyQYapBz-kRc6FrgdOLFAd3IfYz8/edit

https://debateisland.com/discussion/comment/18248/#Comment_18248 (Me officially stating that I am no longer a flat-Earther)
  • CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1823 Pts   -  
    Modern liberals are why there are instructions on shampoo bottles.

Good point, and warning labels on guns.
    SilverishGoldNovaZombieguy1987
  • Polaris95Polaris95 147 Pts   -  
    Define modern liberalism.