frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Theists are contradictory

Debate Information

Theists always disprove the Big Bang by saying "The big bang couldn't have happened because it can't come from nothing, yet ignore this.

Well, God couldn't have come from nothing either, which is contradictory to what they say about science and the big bang
AlofRI

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
44%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• Polaris95Polaris95 147 Pts   -  
    You're completely right. If theists aren't willing to acknowledge the Big Bang because "something can't come from nothing", then why do they still believe in a god?
    Zombieguy1987AlofRI
  • JoesephJoeseph 653 Pts   -  
    Believers are victims of indoctrination yet will vehemently deny this , the process of indoctrination begins at infancy when most parents first bring their new born to the local church or temple,  this continues throughout childhood and choice never comes into it as the nonsense that’s spouted from assorted preachers , priests and charlatans is absorbed into the young child’s mind , this is all reinforced by the wider societies and schools the parents live and choose to send their children too .

Victims of indoctrination never get it that they merely believe what mostly their parents believe and if born into say a Muslim society they would be a Muslim and not a Christian , they somehow try to deceive themselves into believing they had a choice in the matter .

A victim of indoctrination will believe nonsense and absurdities from a deeply contradictory and immoral sacred book yet argue tooth and nail over the tiniest detail regards Evolution .

We are now in the year 2018 and billions of people still believe in a virgin birth , resurrections  , talking  serpents , a talking Donkey , a water walking,  water into wine miracle worker , to believe this tripe clearly demonstrates that indoctrination is the main reason people believe as they believe 
    Zombieguy1987Polaris95cheesycheeseExodusAlofRI
  • cheesycheesecheesycheese 79 Pts   -  
    the bible clearly says that heaven is not physical and so heaven has always existed and god created humans as a project you also clearly haven't read the bible and so you cant really argue against us if you don't understand the argument of god so go and read the bible and go to church and then come back
    Zombieguy1987Joeseph
    @cheesycheese

But the Bile  also mentions a talking Donkey so why believe anything in it?

Then the Lord opened the donkey’s mouth, and it said to Balaam, “What have I done to you to make you beat me these three times?”

29 Balaam answered the donkey, “You have made a fool of me! If only I had a sword in my hand, I would kill you right now.”

30 The donkey said to Balaam, “Am I not your own donkey, which you have always ridden, to this day? Have I been in the habit of doing this to you?”

“No,” he said.

Zombieguy1987
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 5966 Pts   -   edited October 2018
    As I understand, the claim is that the god has always existed, hence it does not have to have been created. The Universe, on the other hand, has not, and since it cannot emerge out of nothing, it had to be created.

I have never seen an argument explaining why something cannot come out of nothing, however. According to modern physics, it is somewhat true, granted you interpret certain physical effects a certain way; but according to abstract logic, it does not have to be true. It is possible to imagine a Universe in which something can come out of nothing. Granted, it would be a very chaotic Universe, definitely not fit for any living being to exist in - but nonetheless, it is not impossible in the abstract sense.
    cheesycheeseZombieguy1987anonymousdebater
    ok so just read the bible and don't scan for flaws if you're just going to refuse then you clearly can't be convinced and there's no point in debating with you
    Zombieguy1987Joesephethang5
    if life can simply appear without divine intervention then why haven't we found life elsewhere there is one of 2 possibilities
    1.god doesn't exist and all of the sextillions of criteria have been met
    2.god does exist and he did the thing he had wanted to do for 13.8 billion years
    Zombieguy1987
    @cheesycheese

You say .....ok so just read the bible and don't scan for flaws if you're just going to refuse then you clearly can't be convinced and there's no point in debating with you

My reply ..... But the Bible is laced with flaws and contradictions and what am I “refusing” .

You’re correct I cannot be convinced by a deeply immoral contradictory book of nonsense yet you can , so on that you’re right I cannot be convinced the tragedy is you were 
    Zombieguy1987
  • TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    @Joeseph:

"Believers are victims of indoctrination yet will vehemently deny this , the process of indoctrination begins at infancy when most parents first bring their new born to the local church or temple,  this continues throughout childhood and choice never comes into it as the nonsense that’s spouted from assorted preachers , priests."

Where is the evidence to support your statement? 

Do you have statements from the said victims?
    Do you have statements from the parents? 
    Do you have statements from preacher's or the priests that can cooberate your statements? 

Zombieguy1987Joeseph
    @TTKDB

You fail to comprehend what the written word means every time  and you’re doing exactly as I predicted in my opening statement as in ......"Believers are victims of indoctrination yet will vehemently deny this .......and there you are doing as I predicted anything else? 
    Zombieguy1987
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 5966 Pts   -  
    @cheesycheese ;

We have only seen one star system close enough to possibly detect life. That is approximately 0.000000000000000000001% of the entire Universe, and that is only counting star systems within galaxies and ignoring intergalactic space, interstellar space, asteroids, comets, stellar clusters, gaseous clouds, etc. So add a handful more zeroes to that number. And even within our own system, we have not explored a single object aside from Earth deep enough to conclude that it does not contain life.

The fact that we have not found life anywhere means nothing other than an indication of how limited we are.

Besides, if life can appear as a result of divine intervention, it can appear anywhere this way, not only on Earth. So, again, this has nothing to do with us having or having not found life anywhere.

Your interpretation collapses upon the slightest scrutiny.

ok so just read the bible and don't scan for flaws if you're just going to refuse then you clearly can't be convinced and there's no point in debating with you

What you are saying basically is, "suppress your critical thinking and believe everything a book written by cave people says, and then you will believe it". Well, Sherlock, that is quite a discovery indeed!
    Zombieguy1987ZeusAres42
  • TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    Do some of the various chapter's contained within the pages of the artificial book called the Internet inspire an individaul to suppress their critical thinking, because with a questionable probability that certain internet authors see things this way or that way? 

What chapters from this book are compelling individuals to reinvent their thought processes because some of those internet authors see things differently verses what a religious book says? 

What is the rest of society supposed to take away from what some of the internet authors are apparently campaigning for? 

Rid yourself of the religious book and make a friend of the internet, and follow in the thought processes of some of the internet authors? 

I think that both books are just as conflicted and questionable, just as some of man is himself conflicted and questionable. 

@TTKDB

In all your time on this site I don’t think you’ve ever answered even one question all you do is ask ridiculous questions that make no sense .

I predicted what you would do as in deny it and you still cannot offer a defense 

I made a statement saying  believers are indoctrinated and you cannot even answer honestly why you’re a Christian after asking you over 50 times ,so again........... Why are you a Christian?  Bet you cannot answer as you’ve proved you’re a coward who refuses to answer any questions but yet asks a lot .

If you continue to refuse to at least an attempt at an answer I’m asking for you to be banned as all you do is troll continuously and refuse to even attempt to debate 

I said ........A victim of indoctrination will believe nonsense and absurdities....... So tell me do you believe Jesus walked on water rose from the dead and his mother was a virgin if you do you believe in nonsense and absurdities, but as usual I bet you have no answers as usual just your meaningless rambling questions no one understands 

• TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    @Joeseph

Prove it??

And your rhetoric isn't the proof.

"I said ........A victim of indoctrination will believe nonsense and absurdities....... So tell me do you believe Jesus walked on water rose from the dead and his mother was a virgin if you do you believe in nonsense and absurdities, but as usual I bet you have no answers as usual just your meaningless rambling questions no one understands"
  • JoesephJoeseph 653 Pts   -   edited October 2018
    @TTKDB

Prove what you troll?

What do you mean “rhetoric” I’ve asked you two questions you refuse to answer?

I predicted you wouldn’t answer either as you’re only here to troll you’re a coward who refuses to even say why he’s a Christian 

Im reporting you for trolling and refusing to debate 

Zombieguy1987
  • TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    @Joeseph

Why are you a Christian?  Bet you cannot answer as you’ve proved you’re a coward who refuses to answer any questions but yet asks a lot .

I'm pro society.

I don't care if you're an atheist or theist or neither.

Does that answer not satisfy you?  

Zombieguy1987
    @TTKDB

You say .....

I'm pro society.

My reply .... So am I so again why are you a Christian?

You say ......I don't care if you're an atheist or theist or neither.

My reply ..... You never about it 

You say .....Does that answer not satisfy you?  

My reply .... No it’s doesnt because you still have not answered it or the second one so do you believe Jesus walked on water ? Why ?

• TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    @Joeseph

Why do you get to troll on Religion, when you refuse to debate without anti religious opinion and conjecture to make your points of view with? 

Where is your evidence, interviews, or statement's to support your claims? 
    @TTKDB

You say .....
    Why do you get to troll on Religion,

My reply ..... How is it trolling to say believers are indoctrinated? Please prove how you’re not? Now watch as you refuse to answer and continue to troll

You say ....when you refuse to debate without anti religious opinion

My reply .... Of course I’m anti religious as I’m entitled to be , you have my permission to be anti atheist , why are you so upset that I dislike religion? I can like it’s followers ( mostly) while still detesting the religion . My wife and family are believers and have no problem with my views nor I with theirs 

You say ......and conjecture to make your points of view with? 

My reply .... How are my views merely conjecture?

You say ....
    Where is your evidence, interviews, or statement's to support your claims? 

My reply .... What’s this meant to even mean . I see your latest debate has been withdrawn how many is that 5? 6?
    @TTKDB

I’ve no idea what you’re talking about so I’m reporting you again for asking question after meaningless question

reported and again  
    Zombieguy1987
    zombieguy fallacy doesn't equal disagree
    Zombieguy1987
  • Zombieguy1987Zombieguy1987 471 Pts   -  
    zombieguy fallacy doesn't equal disagree
    And... off topic
  • ethang5ethang5 258 Pts   -  
    @Joeseph

So, basically you call anything you disagree with, fantasy. So what? Reality doesn't have to agree with your beliefs.

Why should anyone have to "prove" not true, something you have only asserted? Your simply saying it doesn't make it true.

You say the religious are indoctrinated. Why should this bald statement be accepted as true? How do we know you aren't indoctrinated?

Instead of snitching on people who disagree with you, use logical argumentation to show how they are wrong.
    Zombieguy1987
  • AlofRIAlofRI 1484 Pts   -  
    @cheesycheese Please don't take this as a personal slap, it isn't, it's just MY opinion.

The Bible is NOT the "Word of God". It is a "little library" (which the word bible translates to, in one language), of short stories cobbled together centuries "after the fact" (if you will). It is made up of myths, pieced together broken and chipped stone tablets and papyrus scrolls that have been TRANSLATED from ancient languages, to several different languages, with the hope that the translation is correct. Millions have been "convinced" by their religious leaders that every word is the Word of God …. as they go on and give their own "interpretation" of exactly what those words were supposed to mean …. just like the translators did.
    Believe what YOU want, and I really hope you are right. I just can't until the author confirms the "word". (He hasn't yet shown up at a "signing").
    Zombieguy1987Oppolzer