frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

What kind of prolifer would express this attitude towards actual human life?

Debate Information

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• someone234someone234 647 Pts   -  
    The kind that people voted into power who always was this mentally deranged.
    piloteercheesycheese
  • CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1823 Pts   -  
    Someone who puts the US first for a change.
    Zombieguy1987piloteer
  • YeshuaBoughtYeshuaBought 669 Pts   -  
    @someone234 Agreed. I find it hypocritical of Trump. How prolife Christian of him.
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 5967 Pts   -  
    Trump says whatever is currently popular among his supporters. I would not take his words seriously; he almost never means what he says, and he himself said many times that he believes in marketing dominating over championing the truth. He is a lifetime salesman, and he offers whatever sells nowadays, being it a real product, or snake oil.

Not that there is anything wrong with it... It is just something to take into account when trying to subject his words to some kind of a deep analysis.
    piloteer
  • AlecAlec 71 Pts   -  
    I'm curious.  I have yet to hear a good enough reason for deporting illegals who know English and put America before their country of origin.

"They don't pay taxes"  Illegals pay taxes.  https://www.thoughtco.com/illegal-immigrants-and-tax-estimates-3321604 states the average illegal immigrant pays $1000 in taxes annually.  The ones who don't should be charged with tax evasion.

"They get free education"  So do Americans.  With Illegals entering the country after they are 18, they end up paying for our youth's education without receiving a single penny in government funding for their education.  Their kids, although they get free education, they too will pay for it when they become adults.

"They are poor."  So are people on welfare.  Do we deport people on welfare back to their country of origin?  They might be used for a place and take strategy, but other then that, they don't get deported to other countries.

"They should come here legally"  Is there a decent reason why they have to go through a 8 year long legal process?  No American born in the US has to go through this process and basing citizenship partly on where your born is a good way to create loopholes where illegals come and make a baby in the US.

"They don't know English"  Most of them do.  The ones who don't should get deported to Quebec because French is easier for them to learn then English since they are both Latin/Romance languages whereas English is not, Quebec is not screwed by drugs, and Quebec is a 1st world province.  All the assimilated illegal immigrants can stay in the US.

Facts don't care about your feelings.  Until I see ethos and/or logos to the contrary, I see no reason to change my mind.  
    someone234
    Alec said:
    I'm curious.  I have yet to hear a good enough reason for deporting illegals who know English and put America before their country of origin.

"They don't pay taxes"  Illegals pay taxes.  https://www.thoughtco.com/illegal-immigrants-and-tax-estimates-3321604 states the average illegal immigrant pays $1000 in taxes annually.  The ones who don't should be charged with tax evasion.

"They get free education"  So do Americans.  With Illegals entering the country after they are 18, they end up paying for our youth's education without receiving a single penny in government funding for their education.  Their kids, although they get free education, they too will pay for it when they become adults.

"They are poor."  So are people on welfare.  Do we deport people on welfare back to their country of origin?  They might be used for a place and take strategy, but other then that, they don't get deported to other countries.

"They should come here legally"  Is there a decent reason why they have to go through a 8 year long legal process?  No American born in the US has to go through this process and basing citizenship partly on where your born is a good way to create loopholes where illegals come and make a baby in the US.

"They don't know English"  Most of them do.  The ones who don't should get deported to Quebec because French is easier for them to learn then English since they are both Latin/Romance languages whereas English is not, Quebec is not screwed by drugs, and Quebec is a 1st world province.  All the assimilated illegal immigrants can stay in the US.

Facts don't care about your feelings.  Until I see ethos and/or logos to the contrary, I see no reason to change my mind.  

How about because we simply cannot afford them?
    The cost to the American taxpayers of 11 million illegal aliens is estimated at $346 billion annually, according to the National Research Council.
    https://www.lifezette.com/2016/11/what-illegal-immigrants-cost-our-health-care-system/

• WordsMatterWordsMatter 493 Pts   -  
    @CYDdharta maybe try some sources that lack a bias, particularly ones that don't have such an obvious agenda to support whatever trump says.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/lifezette/
    @CYDdharta maybe try some sources that lack a bias, particularly ones that don't have such an obvious agenda to support whatever trump says.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/lifezette/

Pretty poor reply, considering that when that article was written Hillary was still overwhelmingly expected to win the election.

What media bias/fact check has to say about Lifezette is irrelevant, since they didn't conduct the study.  What does media bias/fact check say about the National Research Council?

• AlecAlec 71 Pts   -  
    The solution to that is not to deport the illegals, but to eliminate Obamacare.  If poor people can't afford healthcare, they can go to a church for health insurance money.
    Alec said:
    The solution to that is not to deport the illegals, but to eliminate Obamacare.  If poor people can't afford healthcare, they can go to a church for health insurance money.

The problem existed long before 0bamacare was foisted on the nation, so that's obviously not the solution. 
    @CYDdharta so news companies can't try to push an agenda if the pundits don't think their candidate will win?
    @CYDdharta so news companies can't try to push an agenda if the pundits don't think their candidate will win?

No; news companies shouldn't have an agenda and they shouldn't have a candidate.  They should just report the news.  That's their job; that's their only job.
  • YeshuaBoughtYeshuaBought 669 Pts   -  
    @Alec Not it isn't. Healthcare is a right.
  • TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    @YeshuaBought:

The illegal immigration issue, should have become a non issue years ago before now.

The can called illegal immigration, has been kicked down the road by how many political representatives for how long now? 

We have 300 sanctuary cities apparently and maybe in the place of the immigration laws?

Do you know what would be ground breaking news wise?

If some in the media, went down to some of the towns along the border, and asked the citizens living by the border, how they feel about the illegal immigrants coming into the country illegally, and if they feel safe or unsafe with the border being like it is, for decades now, and then share those interviews with the rest of the nation? 

I'm looking for the interview, where a us citizen lives near the border, where he saw an illegal immigrant carrying a bundle of Marijuana, and was accompanied by another illegal immigrant who was armed with a rifle, so the citizen, avoided both of them, and then reported what he saw to the border patrol.

@CYDdharta you're crazy. You run around screaming fake news and msm being biased against trump but lifezette is fine? Yes in your second clause you said they shouldn't but your answer to the question "can news organizations push an agenda when the pundits don't think their candidate will win" was a clear and concrete no. I guess the msm isn't pushing any agenda or being unfair to your supreme leader because that's not possible.
    @CYDdharta you're crazy. You run around screaming fake news and msm being biased against trump but lifezette is fine? Yes in your second clause you said they shouldn't but your answer to the question "can news organizations push an agenda when the pundits don't think their candidate will win" was a clear and concrete no. I guess the msm isn't pushing any agenda or being unfair to your supreme leader because that's not possible.

are you going on about?!?  Of course the MSM is biased, and obviously so.  I didn't say Lifezette wasn't biased, I said whether it is or isn't is completely IRRELEVANT because they didn't derive the stats, they just reported them.  According to you, 0bama and Hillary must be right-wing because Lifezette quoted both of them in different articles.

@CYDdharta you clearly said no to the question "can a news agency push an agenda?"
    @CYDdharta you clearly said no to the question "can a news agency push an agenda?"

Correct, although I don't see any relevance. What point are you trying to make?
  • AlecAlec 71 Pts   -  
    Why don't poor people resort to churches for health insurance money?  The bible says to give to the poor and many churches would act on this command.  The thing is with our society, people unfortunately resort to the government often before they resort to religious institutions.  People who can't afford health insurance should rely on the church because the church can afford it.