frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Dogs versus cats.

Debate Information

While cats are purrfect, dog are more likely to protect you.
  1. Live Poll

Dos versus cats.

6 votes
    1. Dogs.
      33.33%
    2. Cats.
      66.67%

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• WordsMatterWordsMatter 493 Pts   -  
    Dogs are always happy to see you, cats choose when they want to see you. So when a cat comes up to you, you know they are picking you and want to be with you. For that reason I pick cats
  • YeshuaBoughtYeshuaBought 669 Pts   -  
    @WordsMatter I love when a dogs wags its tail at me.
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 6021 Pts   -   edited November 2018
    In my experience, dogs tend to get much more attached to the people who treat them well: they are in love with them, they are incredibly happy to see them every time, etc. It is not uncommon for a dog to die due to grief and depression when its owner has given it over to someone else.

Cats are much more selfish and narcissistic. They expect you to care for them extensively, and the more you care for them, the more their expectations grow. If you do not match those expectations at any point, they will scratch and bite you. If you annoy them in any way (and they are very capricious), they will fight you.

I could never get along with a cat and always ended up avoiding them, while with dogs everything always went smoothly. I was bitten by a dog once in my life, and that dog apparently had some sickness and was incredibly unstable. How many times I was scratched or bitten by cats I tried to play with, I have not even tried to count.

Ultimately though, both dogs and cats are too mainstream to my taste. I prefer exotic lizards. My personal favorite is Argentinian Tegu, and if I ever own a pet, that will be the one. They are as smart and friendly as dogs, less messy, easier to care for and in general just awesome:

• WordsMatterWordsMatter 493 Pts   -  
    @MayCaesar my pet of choice is a tarantula because I love spiders and I think it's funny how terrified people are of harmless tarantulas. They take little to no care but are more like fish in the fact that you really shouldn't ever touch them, they are just to look at.

I'm sure you would get along with my cat, she is a risk scaredy cat, she even gets afraid of some of her toys. She acts more like a dog, following me around all day, begging to be petted. Has never scratches or bit anyone and never even hissed. All she cares about is eating and sitting on people's laps, and looking out the window. She basically doesn't do anything outside of that ever. She even got scared when someone just put a coat on 7 feet away from her and she ran and hid. All flight no fight.