frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Trump policies

Debate Information

Is it right and just to let Trump discriminate people?
raehuiwmeshotyoeWhyTrumpsocialmedia_an2831
  1. Live Poll

Is it right and just to let Trump discriminate people?

17 votes
    1. Yes
      52.94%
    2. No
      47.06%

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• raehuiwraehuiw 24 Pts   -  
    No, it is extremely wrong. He is the president, not just the average citizen you can insult anymore. He is doing an amazing job as well whilefuklfijlling his promised during the campaign which were made.
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    I don't think we have any evidence that his actions fit discrimination from legal perspective.  But because he is taking firm position on many topics where lines are drawn that does seem like discrimination in some cases
    meshotyoe
    Live Long and Prosper
  • meshotyoemeshotyoe 18 Pts   -  
    He is not discriminate against  anybody, but going against discrimination.
    islander507
  • LogicLogic 279 Pts   -  
    As long as he isn't deporting legal citizens, Then he isn't discriminating. 
    But ever since his election, Racial crimes have increased. 
  • VaulkVaulk 813 Pts   -  
    There is no law that prevents anyone in the United States (Including the president) from discriminating against an illegal immigrant.  We punish all criminals in the U.S. in some way, shape or form.  Illegal immigrants are criminals in that they violated our laws by entering the country illegally.
    "If there's no such thing as a question then what kind of questions do people ask"?

"There's going to be a special place in Hell for people who spread lies through the veil of logical fallacies disguised as rational argument".

"Oh, you don't like my sarcasm?  Well I don't much appreciate your stup!d".

• WhyTrumpWhyTrump 234 Pts   -  
    @Vaulk, but he is not discriminating just against illegal immigrants. Also gays, women, transgender, mexicans, muslims..pretty much anyone who is different than him
    WhyTrump - a good question
  • There is no discrimination, he did a great job. Trump is among sure that there will be no type of discrimination if anybody or anything while having that line up with his beliefs and the Republican beliefs. I think he's doing the right thing.
  • VaulkVaulk 813 Pts   -  
    @WhyTrump , if you'd like to present me with whatever it is that Trump said that qualifies as discrimination then I'd be happy to discuss it.  I however, don't keep up much with the mainstream media as over 90% of Americans have already decided that they don't trust it...it's pretty toxic stuff.
    "If there's no such thing as a question then what kind of questions do people ask"?

"There's going to be a special place in Hell for people who spread lies through the veil of logical fallacies disguised as rational argument".

• love2debatelove2debate 186 Pts   -  
    @Vaulk, I agree. We cannot continue to listen tommaimstrem media as source of information about Trump "wrong doing". He is not discriminating against anyone, but doing what's right for the country. If there are specific examples then lets see them outlined with reliable sources and we can counter each one.
    Macrae
  • CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1823 Pts   -  
    Yes it's OK to discriminate against people on the basis of their criminality.
    natbarons
  • natbaronsnatbarons 133 Pts   -  
    I agree with @CYDHarta , you can discriminate against terorists etc.
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    @natbarons, agree. In that case should that even be called discrimination or something more positive?
    Live Long and Prosper
  • averyaproaveryapro 150 Pts   -  
    No, it is not okay for President Trump to just discriminate people because of their race. For example, Muslim people are not getting what they need, but before, Muslims weren't judged much at all. I don't believe that it is ok for Trump to treat people this way based on their religion.
    northsouthkoreaMacrae
  • northsouthkoreanorthsouthkorea 221 Pts   -  
    I agree with @averypro .
    Macrae
  • VaulkVaulk 813 Pts   -  
    @averyapro, What is it that Muslims aren't getting? 

• islander507islander507 194 Pts   -  
    @averyapro, if we have evidence of religion based discrimination then I would agree. But, where do you see specific evidence and let's debate point by point.  As @CYDdharta said, what Is it that muslims are not getting?
  • VaulkVaulk 813 Pts   -   edited June 2017
    @averyapro ,

Ben Shapiro put it nicely when he said "There's an assumption out there, that whenever something happens that affects a group of people...even without any evidence to support the idea, it's assumed that it just has to be discrimination".  Welcome to Victim-Nation. 

averyapro said:
    No, it is not okay for President Trump to just discriminate people because of their race. For example, Muslim people are not getting what they need, but before, Muslims weren't judged much at all. I don't believe that it is ok for Trump to treat people this way based on their religion.

I left this alone for a while and almost forgot about it and I'm almost certain I've posted this before but for your benefit...Muslim is not a race.  If you state that it's "Not okay for President Trump to discriminate people because of their race" and then go on to use the example of Muslims not getting something that they need...then you are in fact saying one and or both of the following:

1. Muslim is not only a Religion but it's also a Race of people.
    2. All Muslims are one race.

So, neither of the above statements are true, Muslim is a Religion and I can assure you that there are a multitude of Races that can be Muslim.  So...it's not Racist.  You are the hapless victim of extremist ideology my friend, someone out there has convinced you erroneously that whenever someone is treated in a way that goes against what they like...if they're not white...then the treatment is "Racist".  This couldn't be further from the truth.  I'm really wanting to be the voice of reason here but I'm honestly disgusted at how many people are willing to cast the Racist finger when the issue has absolutely, positively N O T H I N G to do with Race.

It's getting out of hand people.  Seriously, can we all petition debateisland.com to introduce a heavy penalty for this fallacy?  I'm dead serious, I think fanning the flames on the issue of race ought to be a punishable offense.  The developers have been asking for suggestions as to what they might add as a "Reaction" post and I think maybe "The Race Card" needs to be added for things like this.  The topic of racism, sexism and discrimination are going to come up again as this is a debate forum and those topics are very controversial and as such they're "Hot".  In order to have constructive debates regarding these issues I think we need to have a way to rally and cast out this type of behavior as it is destructive in nature and degrades the debating methodology.

• ErfisflatErfisflat 1675 Pts   -  
    Trump is just another puppet. What gets me is the whole idea for this wall. The prison is getting smaller. First they turned this infinite plane into a ball, now they're confining us to an even smaller reservation. Orwell would be rolling in his grave.
    MacraeSilverishGoldNova
    Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.

Wayne Dyer
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    @Erfisflat, it's not prison unless you are in Mexico  :)
    Live Long and Prosper
    @agsr that's what they want you to think 

Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.

Wayne Dyer
    When he starts talking about Canada, you'd better buy a boat. Police state is just around the corner.

Wayne Dyer
  • MacraeMacrae 18 Pts   -  
    Honestly, I find it absurd that there are individuals in which permit discrimination under a limited amount of circumstances. Discrimination alone is discrimination and it is morally and ethically incorrect. Discrimination should certainly not be applicable in certain situations, it is not okay to apply discrimination in some ways and not others, there should be no justification whatsoever. Regardless if an individual has made terrible decisions, those decisions should most definitely not define who that person is. I strongly oppose discrimination in all ways, in all environments.
  • VaulkVaulk 813 Pts   -   edited August 2017
    @Macrae

Discrimination is an important and critical process in exercising freedom of choice.  We ALL discriminate in some way, shape or form.  To discriminate against someone is to treat them with prejudice.  Simply having prejudices doesn't equate discrimination, it's the act of treating someone with prejudice that equates discrimination.  So what is prejudice:

Prejudice: Preconceived opinion that is not based on reason or actual experience.
    https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/prejudice

So I'll go ahead and stick my neck out here on the line and show my prejudice so that people can see that it's not hatred, it's not evil and it's not wrong to have prejudices.  I don't like brussel sprouts, I've never tasted them but from what I've seen (I've spotted them at the store) I don't want to eat them and I have absolutely no inclination to try them.  This is prejudice.  So now let's go a bit deeper and get into people.

I don't find obese people to be visually appealing to the eye.  I don't make friends with people that are obese because I don't feel connected to someone who makes the types of decisions that lead to obesity (Speaking strictly on the majority cause of obesity, not the exceptions to the case).  This is Prejudice because I don't really have sound reasoning for disliking the visual of obese people...why does the visual bother me?  It just does.
    This is prejudice.

I don't find Black Women physically attractive, I'd be willing to concede that some of them are objectively attractive but subjectively I don't personally find anything visually stimulating about their appearance.  Why?  I just don't.  I have preferences when it comes to my taste in Women and what I believe to be sexy, beautiful, pretty and physically attractive.  This is prejudice because there's no logical reasoning behind my decision not to date a Black Woman...it's strictly my prejudice that prevents me from doing it.  I don't look down on them, I don't feel that they're lower than any other race of Women in the world, I just don't particularly find them attractive.  And it's not evil or wrong to feel that way.  Your personal feelings are not wrong, they may be based on flawed logic or misunderstandings but your "Feelings" are neither right nor wrong...they just are.

To conclude this, if a Black Woman approached me and asked if I'd like to have dinner with her sometime...if I were to make a decision regarding her advances based upon what she looked like (As the majority of humans do) then I'd say no and my response would be a form of discrimination (Regardless if she knew it or not).  And there's nothing wrong with it...it's my choice, they're my feelings, I'm entitled to feel how I feel without anyone telling me that I have to force myself to find something visually appealing that I just don't.

So @Macrae This is how some forms of discrimination are acceptable...they happen every day and I'd put some serious money on the likelihood that you've done it too.

Oh and just some other fair examples of discrimination:

- Gun Stores discriminate against convicted felons
    - The United States discriminates against convicted child molesters
    - The U.S. Military discriminates against obese/overweight people
    - Law Enforcement Agencies discriminate against people with criminal histories

Nobody bats an eye at these organizations using prejudicial treatment and therefor discriminating.

• OakchairbcOakchairbc 88 Pts   -  
    Trump has appointed a literal fascist to lead homeland security[1]. The guy along with Trump wants to ban Muslims[1]. Religious bans is unconstitutional and have no logical reasoning. They are based solely on ignorance and discrimination. Trumps discrimination has resulted in world wide protest. The economic effect is that tourism to America is way down. So far the American tourism industry has lost 11 billion dollars due to Trump[2].

[1]http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/05/david-clarke-actual.html
    [2]http://www.inboundreport.com/2017/03/07/first-estimate-trump-slump-to-cost-u-s-industry-nearly-11-billion/

• HankHank 75 Pts   -  
    @Oakchairbc "Religious bans is unconstitutional and have no logical reasoning. They are based solely on ignorance and discrimination." No, the ban in the case is a justified and logically reasoned decision made by a governing body that acknowledges the imminent risk that comes with allowing Muslims into the United States. I do not for one second suggest that every Muslim is a terrorist, but as it stands at the moment the majority (if not all) of modern terrorism is done under the name of Islam [1], and has been for a considerable amount of time. This is not an opinion, it is a fact. Quite frankly any reasonable person can appreciate the danger that comes with allowing people from Islamic countries into their country. 

As to you statement about the tourism industry being down. $11 Billion down in tourism pales in comparison to the $4 Trillion that Trump has put back into the economy [2].

[1] www.thereligionofpeace.com
    [2] www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/07/20/stuart-varney-trump-has-already-made-america-4-trillion-richer-with-just-six-months-in-office.html
  • OakchairbcOakchairbc 88 Pts   -  
    1) Stating that "Muslims are a risk" is just pure bigotry. You can't intelligently make up and expect people to follow your discrimination
    2) Fox news? Want to try again this time use a source that isn't known for lying unless of course your whole position is based on bigotry and lies. The stock market is doing the exact same under Trump as it did under Obama. He hasn't added a single thing.[3] Don't use fox news unless you are a lying hack. 
    3) There has literally been zero attacks from Muslims from Trumps Muslim ban[1].
    4) There are 4 times more right wing white christian terror attacks then Muslim attacks[2]
    5) The Muslim ban effectively works as extremist Islamic propaganda resulting in more terrorists taking up arms against the west and America. It also makes Muslims less likely to cooperate with Americans. All the experts who aren't bigots conclude that it makes America and the world less safe[4]
    6) So like I said before religious bans are illogical and have no intelligent reason, just bigotry and ignorance. 

[1]http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2017/jan/29/jerrold-nadler/have-there-been-terrorist-attacks-post-911-countri/
    [2]https://www.vox.com/world/2017/10/2/16396612/las-vegas-mass-shooting-terrorism-islam
    [3]http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2017/08/no-theres-no-trump-effect-in-the-stock-market/
    [4]https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/trump-travel-ban-makes-america-less-safe-ex-top-security-n717206
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 5965 Pts   -  
    Is it right to let him discriminate against people? Yes, because he has the constitutional right to do so. Should we let him do this without receiving criticism, however? I do not think so. Society does not become supportive and friendly via laws punishing the opposite behavior, but it also does not become supportive and friendly if supportive and friendly people refrain from speaking out.

I am an immigrant (legal), and Trump has already impeded on my freedom to travel overseas, which is probably the biggest annoyance I have in my (overall happy) life. I cannot do anything about it, and I certainly cannot reasonably sue him, because his immigration reforms are perfectly legal. I let people know actively, however, about my gripe with him, and even some of his supporters sympathize with me and say, "Yes, I support him overall, but I wish he did not take action against decent people like you". Speak up loud enough, not obnoxiously loud, but firmly loud, for a long period of time - and the societal trends will shift, and a person like Trump will not be elected again.