frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Assuming the Bible is true, is Jesus the only way to be saved from Hell?

Debate Information

1. Live Poll

Assuming the Bible is true, is Jesus the only way to be saved from Hell?

3 votes
    1. Yes.
      100.00%
    2. No.
        0.00%

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• YeshuaBoughtYeshuaBought 669 Pts   -  
    https://www.gotquestions.org/Jesus-only-way.html
    Answer: Yes, Jesus is the only way to heaven. Such an exclusive statement may confuse, surprise, or even offend, but it is true nonetheless. The Bible teaches that there is no other way to salvation than through Jesus Christ. Jesus Himself says in John 14:6, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” He is not a way, as in one of many; He is the way, as in the one and only. No one, regardless of reputation, achievement, special knowledge, or personal holiness, can come to God the Father except through Jesus.
    Jesus is the only way to heaven for several reasons. Jesus was “chosen by God” to be the Savior (1 Peter 2:4). Jesus is the only One to have come down from heaven and returned there (John 3:13). He is the only person to have lived a perfect human life (Hebrews 4:15). He is the only sacrifice for sin (1 John 2:2Hebrews 10:26). He alone fulfilled the Law and the Prophets (Matthew 5:17). He is the only man to have conquered death forever (Hebrews 2:14–15). He is the only Mediator between God and man (1 Timothy 2:5). He is the only man whom God has “exalted . . . to the highest place” (Philippians 2:9).
    Jesus spoke of Himself as the only way to heaven in several places besides John 14:6. He presented Himself as the object of faith in Matthew 7:21–27. He said His words are life (John 6:63). He promised that those who believe in Him will have eternal life (John 3:14–15). He is the gate of the sheep (John 10:7); the bread of life (John 6:35); and the resurrection (John 11:25). No one else can rightly claim those titles.
    The apostles’ preaching focused on the death and resurrection of the Lord Jesus. Peter, speaking to the Sanhedrin, clearly proclaimed Jesus as the only way to heaven: “Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved” (Acts 4:12). Paul, speaking to the synagogue in Antioch, singled out Jesus as the Savior: “I want you to know that through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you. Through him everyone who believes is set free from every sin” (Acts 13:38–39). John, writing to the church at large, specifies the name of Christ as the basis of our forgiveness: “I am writing to you, dear children, because your sins have been forgiven on account of his name” (1 John 2:12). No one but Jesus can forgive sin.
    Eternal life in heaven is made possible only through Christ. Jesus prayed, “Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent” (John 17:3). To receive God’s free gift of salvation, we must look to Jesus and Jesus alone. We must trust in Jesus’ death on the cross as our payment for sin and in His resurrection. “This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe” (Romans 3:22).

• someone234someone234 647 Pts   -  
    Yes 
    @someone234 He loves you. :) If He can be faithful to me, imagine what He can do for you. I am not the best, but I love Him.
  • WordsMatterWordsMatter 493 Pts   -  
    Having spent 11 years in Catholic schools with mandatory religion class and weekly church services I learned that literally all you have to do to be saved is accept Jesus as your one true savior. You can do it on your death bed after being a serial murderer, rapist, child molester and you will still go to heaven. That's why priests visit death row inmates to give them one last chance to accept Jesus as their savior so that they too can be saved. 

I'm not Catholic anymore, and I think there are a lot of "Christians" out there who despise this idea. Hence why they want to torture gay people because somehow these "Christians" have a secret checklist of sins you can commit and still go to heaven vs sins that make you an abomination. I was told by multiple religion teachers, priests, and nuns, across multiple Catholic communities that it's as simple as accepting Jesus to be saved.
    Zombieguy1987
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 5965 Pts   -  
    Maybe, but the assumption here is that hell is something to be saved from. Maybe it is the other way around: hell is the only way to be saved from Jesus? After all, as one fictional character put it, "Seeing who gets sent there, the hell is where all the parties are going to be." While heaven is, what... praying monks floating in the clouds?

Hell has succubi, warm temperatures, all kinds of fun and open-minded people. This honestly sounds more interesting. Eternal torture? The organism adapts, and the body gets stronger and desensitized to pain. While in heaven, unchallenged, the body and the mind collapse.
    Zombieguy1987
    @MayCaesar Hell is a horrible place.
    someone234
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 5965 Pts   -  
    @YeshuaBought ;

How do you know? As one Persian philosopher (executed, of course, for his heretical views) noted, nobody has ever come back from there to tell the story. Some people claim to have, but they all have a very specific agenda in mind, and they offer zero proof of their claims.

It may very well be as with the North Korean propaganda: they claim that North Korea is a paradise, the last refuge on Earth, and South Korea is a wasteland full of abuse and violence - while the reality is exact opposite. Perhaps in truth, hell is an awesome place and heaven is a hopeless pit, and you have been purposefully led to believe otherwise.

Finally, maybe there is hell and only hell, and heaven is a lie in order to give some people hope and convert them to the religion. Perhaps the god is actually the Satan pretending to be the god.

• someone234someone234 647 Pts   -  
    @MayCaesar While I respect what you're trying here, or doing successfully even, the debate says you have to assume the Bible is true in this context.
    @MayCaesar This debate is about whether Jesus is God. Stay on topic. I will post another debate for Hell.
  • piloteerpiloteer 1577 Pts   -   edited November 2018
    @YeshuaBought

Does that mean that Jews and everybody who lived before Jesus is going to hell?