frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Proof that Kavanaugh is innocent.

Debate Information

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• I thought we were past this?
    Zombieguy1987George_Horse
    Not every quote you read on the internet is true- Abraham Lincoln
  • And Ford's story was highly inconsistent. 
    I am no longer active on DebateIsland or any debate website. Many things I have posted here and on other sites (Such as believing in the flat Earth theory or other conspiracy theories such as those that are about the Las Vegas Shooting or 9/11) do not reflect on my current views. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1p6M-VgXHwwdpJarhyQYapBz-kRc6FrgdOLFAd3IfYz8/edit

https://debateisland.com/discussion/comment/18248/#Comment_18248 (Me officially stating that I am no longer a flat-Earther)
  • AlecAlec 71 Pts   -  
    The FBI found him to be innocent.
  • AmpersandAmpersand 858 Pts   -  
    I'm guessing you didn't actually read the article or even the headline of the article.

Firstly it's about a single anonymous letter, nothing that touches on any of the three main accusers. Secondly it's not saying that the letter or the claims or the letter are false, it's saying that a women who tried to claim she was the author of the letter wasn't actually the author. It doesn't tell us if the letter is true or false, just that of the 7 and a half billion people on the planet we know that it wasn't that one particular woman who wrote the letter (even though she previously claimed she did).
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 6020 Pts   -  
    Someone's innocence in the absolute sense cannot be "proven", unless an absolutely irrefutable evidence is shown that when (if) the crime was committed, they were not in the location where it happened - and such a proof is extremely rare, and definitely cannot be found for the claim on the events many decades old.

This is one (but not the only one) of the reasons why we have the concept of presumption of innocence. Whenever someone is accused of something, we assume that they are innocent, and it is the duty of the accusation to demonstrate the guilt. If the guilt has not been demonstrated, then, regardless of whether it actually has taken place or not, the suspect is found innocent.

So, in a way, the proof of Kavanaugh's innocence is the fact that no evidence of the contrary has been demonstrated. It is not the proof of his innocence in the absolute sense (that he did not sexually assault the woman in question), but it is the proof of his innocence in the legal sense (that he has not been found guilty of the crime).