frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Is Trump administration supportive of LGBT rights

Debate Information

There is mixed thinking regarding Donald Trump administration attitude towards LGBT rights and same sex marriages. Is he supportive or not?
natbaronsmeleonaaw
  1. Live Poll

Is Trump administration supportive of LGBT rights

15 votes
    1. Yes
      46.67%
    2. No
      53.33%

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• inc4tinc4t 186 Pts   -  
    I know what he said during some debates, but I don't think he is supportive of same sex marriage.
  • No.
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    The new executive order Trump is expected to sign this Thursday generated controversy on this topic.
    Progressive critics have argued the executive order would allow discrimination against the LGBT community at the federal level.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/05/03/trump-executive-order-on-religious-liberty-to-focus-on-johnson-amendment-sources-say.html
    Live Long and Prosper
  • natbaronsnatbarons 133 Pts   -  
    No, they are planning to sign an anti- LGBTQ executive order soon.
  • LondonyouthLondonyouth 7 Pts   -  
    Well, he was the first republican to hold the LGBT flag, and his executive order only banned transgender people from using whichever restroom. Whilst i stand with LGBT, i have to disagree with the transgender toilet legislation. Under it, anyone can class as transgender as its about how you FEEL, and legislation should never be passed based on how someone feels about themselves
    agsrinc4tmeleonaawSaltyDogApplesauce
  • inc4tinc4t 186 Pts   -  
    @Londonyouth, that makes sense.  You are making a good point. How someone "feels" is too subjective
    meleonaaw
  • meleonaawmeleonaaw 20 Pts   -  
    I agree with @londonyouth .
  • melanielustmelanielust 285 Pts   -  
    I don't think he is necessarily supportive; he has taken action to repeal laws concerning the transgender bathroom issue. I think that no matter what his stances he's probably not gonna make it a focus of his plans though
    statesjoderon_17
  • statesjoderon_17statesjoderon_17 21 Pts   -  
    I agree with @melanielust. He's a republican.
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 5967 Pts   -  
    As I understand it, he does not have a hard stance on this matter and prefers to burden the state administrations with this decision instead. Which is pretty much in the spirit of what Founding Fathers had in mind when they wrote the Constitution.

Along with the tax reform and with his actions against dictatorships, this is one in the relative minority of things Trump got right as a president.
    with_all_humilityApplesauce
  • The only thing that Trump has bee against is Transgender people serving in the military.  Supposedly due to mental instability.  The suicide rate of transgenders is north of 40%.  The military already has enough battles with suicide due to PTSD.  Why compound the issue with someone who will most likely have mental problems, especially in clandestine locations.  http://thefederalist.com/2016/07/07/evidence-the-transgender-suicide-rate-isnt-due-to-discrimination/ ;

Applesauce
  • TheocratTheocrat 69 Pts   -  
    What "LGBT" rights?  ROFL